test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priority One Interviews CaptainGeko (Part 1)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
In part one of this week's episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions about Season 8.

Link to the interview.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    AMAZING!!! AAAAH Dinosaurs with Frikin' Laser beams on their heads!!!
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not a whole lot there.

Find it interesting that all the feedback we left on the initial reputation system testing went completely ignored and only now after the backlash its being considered

There is a ridiculous number of inventory stacks used daily that makes no sense to the reputation itself

The very lengthy reward/effort threads were a clear sign of what was going to happen, why it took so long to even start thinking about it is beyond me. Its pretty clear there are major imbalances in reward/time, even more so there is zero incentive to play ground missions for the 95%+ who never bothered to learn it..
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Not a whole lot there.

Find it interesting that all the feedback we left on the initial reputation system testing went completely ignored and only now after the backlash its being considered

There is a ridiculous number of inventory stacks used daily that makes no sense to the reputation itself

The very lengthy reward/effort threads were a clear sign of what was going to happen, why it took so long to even start thinking about it is beyond me. Its pretty clear there are major imbalances in reward/time, even more so there is zero incentive to play ground missions for the 95%+ who never bothered to learn it..

GAAAAAAAAAAAME

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAH

It is a REDACTED game. You know? That thing you used to play for fun? Don't find it fun? Theres plenty more games out there.

DEVS, I can testify the ground zone is AWESOME. Fix the bugs, and it will ROCK.
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    GAAAAAAAAAAAME

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAH

It is a REDACTED game. You know? That thing you used to play for fun? Don't find it fun? Theres plenty more games out there.

DEVS, I can testify the ground zone is AWESOME. Fix the bugs, and it will ROCK.

It's a Klingons hunting dream come true.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great interview, it gives me hope for where the game is going and I'm pumped for the next part.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Not a whole lot there.

Not surprising .

Also not surprising .
    Something about two hands and a road map ...

Sadly Cryptic don't have a road map , only two hands and a whole lot of ego and darkness .
  • seaquest42seaquest42 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    SERIOUSLY??!!!

Cant even have the interview in Text version? Look I am deaf and I am sure there are other Deafies out there that would love to read some of the interviews about the upcoming seasons.

We used to have this in both version, what changed?
    I am me, always will be.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    seaquest42 wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY??!!!

Cant even have the interview in Text version? Look I am deaf and I am sure there are other Deafies out there that would love to read some of the interviews about the upcoming seasons.

We used to have this in both version, what changed?

I am assuming they haven't transcripted it yet. maybe they or someone else who is a fast typer will transcribe it for those of you whoe are hearing impaired.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so "the subscribers decided that this game is worth something".Guess those people who never subed but spent hundreds of euros/dollars think the game is not worth anything.

This should be called Priority One - Talking without using the brain. *facepalm*
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe it gets better in part two but i feel the pop guys still use those interviews to have their private chat with gecko to advance their own agenda like all this useless talk about too many currencies in the game instead of asking the really interessting questions from the thread they made.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe it gets better in part two but i feel the pop guys still use those interviews to have their private chat with gecko to advance their own agenda like all this useless talk about too many currencies in the game instead of asking the really interessting questions from the thread they made.

For example?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

There is a part 2, so many of those questions you consider interesting might still come up.
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    First off , good interview .. Second would like to touch on a few things.

First : Rep system : why make everything so easy , no challenge with this game anymore .. log on and get a reward ? Seriously ? I see nothing wrong with the 20 hour completion rate on the current rep system . Right now i only spend less than an hour at most to do all my dailies . Doing this will not make me stay on any longer. I think putting the good stuff in the rep system was a mistake or at least taking the drops from the STF and putting them into the rep system , which ties into the second point i wanted to touch on .

You say that in a month some of the content was not played but 4 times , well , that's because you took the reason to play it out , by putting the drops in the rep system . That has made STO a less fleet , friend grouping situation into the less path of resistance . And to be honest less fun.

Just my thoughts , not flaming , not trolling .. take it as you would like tho .. i am very flexible .
  • bobogheimbobogheim Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I could hear something about the Carrier as an reward after you have completed the new featured episode.

Geko said something that the Carrier reminds you from what you have seen it before from an early featured episode.

It can't be the Romulan and the Devidian episodes. Maybe the carrier are from the Dominion or the Breen episode.

The Jem'Hadar dreadnought are an carrier.

What about the big Breen ship as you can see at the end of the Cold Call on Defera?
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bobogheim wrote: »
    I could hear something about the Carrier as an reward after you have completed the new featured episode.

Geko said something that the Carrier reminds you from what you have seen it before from an early featured episode.

It can't be the Romulan and the Devidian episodes. Maybe the carrier are from the Dominion or the Breen episode.

The Jem'Hadar dreadnought are an carrier.

What about the big Breen ship as you can see at the end of the Cold Call on Defera?

Right now, the general consensus is either a Breen carrier, or most likely, a Preserver carrier. You know, those guys you find in the final Deferi FE mission...

*Edit*: It has also been speculated that it could be an Iconian carrier. *Edit ends*.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    finies wrote: »

You say that in a month some of the content was not played but 4 times , well , that's because you took the reason to play it out , by putting the drops in the rep system . That has made STO a less fleet , friend grouping situation into the less path of resistance . And to be honest less fun.

Yes, both reputation and fleet.

And now we have new tactical consoles...
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2013