test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question for the Devs.

noxalon#4381 noxalon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Hello, I have a few questions for the Devs.

How does one go about submitting a ship design, and what are the best ways of actually getting it used what does it need?

Second question is, I understand why the D'Kyr was made into a science ship. Because it's Vulcan. But the ship was clearly stated to be a combat cruiser on several episodes. so why wasn't it given just a bit more tactical ability?

Third question, What are the chances of new Vulcan ships coming to the game?
I know I have seen several threads about them but never really seen anything stating if it was going to happen or not.

Fourth question is if someone is willing to pay is it possible to get a custom made ship?
any would it matter if they already had a 3d model with textured made already?

That's it for right now.
Post edited by noxalon#4381 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can only say on the D'kyr standpoint that being a "combat" cruiser in the 22nd Century doesn't mean it's a "combat" cruiser in the 25th Century. It's a very old ship in this timeline, and thus science might fit better then tactical.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How does one go about submitting a ship design, and what are the best ways of actually getting it used what does it need?
    I suspect the answer is, "We don't accept player-submitted designs." Anything else seems...legally problematic.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm sure giving them 3d renderings of ship designs is a start, from there it would have to go thru a lot of channels to get approval. So if you are serious it never hurts to try! :o
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could submit designs with the intent to become hired by Cryptic as a ship designer. Some people that used to post on the forums have obtained jobs by submitting their designs and resume to Cryptic.
  • noxalon#4381 noxalon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yea I have looked into getting a job with them but unfortunately they require everyone to have a BA in designing or some such courses.

does anyone else have any info on these topics?