test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deflector Officer cooldown reduction not working

khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
I noticed this on a Karfi alt loaded with 3x purple Deflector Officers, Breen Dissipator, Siphon3, and Rift2. The target was the CE and I was parked at 4.9km spamming away.

Energy Siphon is NOT triggering cooldown reductions while the others have. This really seems to be broken!

Also, I haven't noticed the deflector officers reducing the cooldowns of other skills when one of them was activated, like how PWOs work with torpedoes. Is this working as intended?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
Post edited by khayuung on

Comments

• pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Borticus claimed to have done a basic test on this recently and said it looked like it was working. So I freshly tested it myself and can confirm that it is not.

I suspect that the part of the code Bort checked genuinely was working, I don't think he would lie. But he is a buisyman with lots to do and the fact that his quick check looked good to him leads me to suspect the problem is going to require some time investment to fix.

As cryptic seem to be unwilling to invest more then 5 minutes on any bug that doesn't effect absolutely everyone I don't think we are getting a fix for this one. Shame, I really wish the doffs worked.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Borticus claimed to have done a basic test on this recently and said it looked like it was working. So I freshly tested it myself and can confirm that it is not.

I suspect that the part of the code Bort checked genuinely was working, I don't think he would lie. But he is a buisyman with lots to do and the fact that his quick check looked good to him leads me to suspect the problem is going to require some time investment to fix.

As cryptic seem to be unwilling to invest more then 5 minutes on any bug that doesn't effect absolutely everyone I don't think we are getting a fix for this one. Shame, I really wish the doffs worked.

I seem to get effect out of them for various types of Deflector Abilities.

Do you have any idea what abilities are not actually working properly with them?
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    AFAIK it has been broken ever since the abilities were no longer on linked cooldowns. Now it works for Tyken and GW but not on ES or TS.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    I seem to get effect out of them for various types of Deflector Abilities.

Do you have any idea what abilities are not actually working properly with them?

They all used to work before the shared cool downs between tachyon beam, energy syphon, tykens rift and gravity well were changed.

Since then the deflector officers have worked on gravity well and tykens rift but not on tachyon beam or energy syphon.

I should probably specify that when I confirmed that the doff was still broken I only tested it with tachyon beam as it has a conveniant 30 second cool down, which i could time using tactical team, which has the same cool down.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've done more testing in a failed CCE run where I managed to just do nothing but chain the different deflector abities for half an hour. GW and TR both proc reliably; many times I had anomalies at system cd.

ES and Tachy however never proced. Furthermore, they DO NOT REDUCE THEIR COOLDOWNS EVEN WHEN THE ANOMALIES PROC.

We're gonna have to keep bumping this until someone notices...

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why are people saying that one deflector doff still works for GW? I was playing with one purple deflector doff for ages and decided to added another purple but found it had no effect on any of the deflector abilities I had. I thought okay it doesn't stack. Then I removed it, and then the final one. Played two Fleet actions and didn't get a single proc for 1 or 2 purple doffs on GW3.

So does 1 purple deflector work with GW? I couldn't get this to proc at all.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Works fine with gravity well, tyken's rift, and the Breen set ability.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Works fine with gravity well, tyken's rift, and the Breen set ability.

The Breen set's cooldown last I checked is all kinds of wonky, does it still put both the AoE(GW/TR) and the single target(ES/TachBeam) deflector abilities on cooldown?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    The Breen set's cooldown last I checked is all kinds of wonky, does it still put both the AoE(GW/TR) and the single target(ES/TachBeam) deflector abilities on cooldown?

That is messed up. The Breen set ability is basically a crappy ES. Sucks if it still sets GW/TR on cooldown.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    I've done more testing in a failed CCE run where I managed to just do nothing but chain the different deflector abities for half an hour. GW and TR both proc reliably; many times I had anomalies at system cd.

ES and Tachy however never proced. Furthermore, they DO NOT REDUCE THEIR COOLDOWNS EVEN WHEN THE ANOMALIES PROC.

We're gonna have to keep bumping this until someone notices...

Post it in PvP forums. GW/TR were reported bugged for over a month on one board and within a few days of it being posted to PvP forums it was noticed by a dev and fixed shortly after.
  • picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I came to the forum to post about this issue and then saw this thread.

Just want to chime in and agree that this ability DOES NOT affect the cooldown on Tachyon Beam or Energy Syphon despite saying...

"Affected abilities include Tachyon Beam, Energy Syphon, Tyken's Rift, Gravity Well, and the Breen Energy Dissipator."

I can confirm that it works with Tyken's Rift.

It would be really great to fix this, science needs some love any way you look at it and at the least having the boff work the way it states in the tool tip would be a start.

These boffs are going for upwards of 4-5 mil on the exchange and it's really misleading to have it not working properly and people spending that kind of money.

Thanks.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    energy siphon or tachyon beams are not triggering it, this is one of the reasons why I had to work around MANY MANY MANY sci ship builds and do things differently, if bortiques rly tested it, he must have been drunk.. JUST SAYING!
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."