test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kits and their looks.

thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
Am I the only one that kind of dislike the kit look at XI rank?

I am thinking of the science one in particular. The holograms surface on that kit look a bit awful.. IMO.

Likewise to the phaser, it has so blue stuff around it that is not pretty. I wish you could deactivate it somehow. This is the reason I don't show off my kit.

Maybe a redesign could be in order? Just a though.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the glowy energy armor look of the Sci kits. the engineer kits look like I'm wearing a wall locker though... ugh...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree. Kit looks need to be redesigned, or better, have alternate upgraded looks for those who like the current looks. They need an artist with some new inspiration to look at them again.

Personally, because of this, I just hide them.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you're playing KDF, the Kits, quite simply look amazing. It's almost like they're invisible.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, the engineering kits make you look like a ghostbuster. The tac kits are, um, very red, white and black. The sci kits aren't too terrible. All could use an update.

I'd just be happy if my KDF-aligned Roms could use armor/kit visuals like the Fed-aligned Roms can.
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the kit. Especially the science kit.
    If you don't, you can always hide them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I disable the visuals after the Captain level. The Sci kits look like Lexan lined with glow sticks, and Tac looks like Robo-football pads. The Eng Bunker fabrication kit looks like a giant cyber tick is feeding on my Engineer's back.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kits look good to me, its the armour that looks stupid. Like I want to run around in a spandex all in one - this ain't Wrestlemania!

So most of the time I hide both the kit and the armour, and stick to the 'civilian' uniforms.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    If you're playing KDF, the Kits, quite simply look amazing. It's almost like they're invisible.

I see what you did there. :P
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Kits look good to me, its the armour that looks stupid. Like I want to run around in a spandex all in one - this ain't Wrestlemania!

So most of the time I hide both the kit and the armour, and stick to the 'civilian' uniforms.

Agreed, I always disable armor visuals on my fed characters, looks like Power Rangers Pajamas.Until I get MACO, or an Omega set on them.
  • en40rceren40rcer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I normally run with the armor and kits hidden BUT, we have an unwritten rule. On Deferi doing the dailies, we unhide to show our adapted MACO sets. Just looks kinda neat to have five guys running around with the same armor on..
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    en40rcer wrote: »
    I normally run with the armor and kits hidden BUT, we have an unwritten rule. On Deferi doing the dailies, we unhide to show our adapted MACO sets. Just looks kinda neat to have five guys running around with the same armor on..
    got Clonetroopers? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I see what you did there.
    ;)

In all seriousness (as the hologram aspect was mentioned) I think the science kits are the best. The Tactical and Engineering kits have a habit of covering the entire costume, thus you might as well be wearing standard uniform if you want your kit to show. With the science kits, you get to view both.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To me the kits look horrible. So I disable them soon I equip them. I only saw a couple that look good. So I did show them. However since my KDF don't show the kit. Well I don't miss them on my Federation either.

So you won't see my character running around with a kit on.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I kinda like the early kits the most, Since we have limited choice of belts on uniforms, its nice that so many of the early kits have some kind of belt looking element to them

But the later ones are a bit irritating

My suggestion would be to have a costume unlock with each used/owned kit, a bit like unlocking the MACO costumes works , this would allow those peopel who like early kit looks to hav the looks but still be competative with later kits
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like some of the looks, and dislike some of the others.

But the Engineering kits are the worst, no lights, no shinies, just a beetle on your back, and some straps here and there. Now if i could have goldenized version of the sci kit look that would be pretty cool, or even the tac kits engineerized.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seeing as the kit is the only thing my Romulan characters can show I sometimes do show it but it is only because no matter what I do the armor will not show at all.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    adverbero wrote: »
    I kinda like the early kits the most, Since we have limited choice of belts on uniforms, its nice that so many of the early kits have some kind of belt looking element to them

My suggestion would be to have a costume unlock with each used/owned kit, a bit like unlocking the MACO costumes works , this would allow those peopel who like early kit looks to hav the looks but still be competative with later kits

This is one of the things I like about DC online. Once you wear any costume pieces, you unlock the visuals so you can wear better gear while retaining the look you like.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    I disable the visuals after the Captain level. The Sci kits look like Lexan lined with glow sticks, and Tac looks like Robo-football pads. The Eng Bunker fabrication kit looks like a giant cyber tick is feeding on my Engineer's back.

Lol described perfectly. :D
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    adverbero wrote: »

I agree with this. The early ones looks ok.. its the end ones that is bugging me.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have always turned off kit visuals. Could you imagine Sisko or Riker running around with their should pads or Geordi with his Ghostbusters backpack? Crazy...

I also wish they gave us the option to turn off the visuals on weapons, I don't like the hologram junk on the pistols or rifles either.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Never was a fan of the Kit visuals. It's one of those "features" I am thankful the KDF actually can never get, and never have to see KDF players running around in those things.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the visuals for kits and armor turned off. Don't care to see them.