test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ST:TNG Unification episodes and questions

mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Ten Forward
I was watching Unification parts 1 and 2 the other day and had the thought that Riker may not have had his priorities quite right!

It was at the part where the Enterprise had gone to the storage yard at Qualor II to find where the Vulcan ship parts had come from, and where they discover that the parts should have been beamed over to the Tripoli a Hokule'a class cruiser, but in fact found the cruiser was missing and been replaced by a ship that would turn up every so often and steal the items that were supposed to go to storage

My point is that, at the time they still went after the Vulcan ship parts and never batted an eyelid that an entire cruiser had disappeared (apart from the yard supervisor).

Does this mean that somewhere out there in sector space someone has their hands on a Starfleet vessel possibly using it for piracy? Do the Romulans or Klingons have it?

Could this be a topic for a future literary challenge?
hZbIdbh.jpg
THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my guess is that is was blown up
    JtaDmwW.png
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    my guess is that is was blown up

But would it be, if you think about it - if you blew the ship up wouldn't the people working there notice an explosion?

If you wanted to steal supplies etc. from the place the last thing you would want to do is advertise it by saying "Don't mind us blowing this ship up - we want to use the space to steal from you..."

You couldn't move it as the yard would also notice a ship out of place - afterall they knew its exact location in order to beam stuff over to it for storage, that - to me - leaves the last option of stealing that as well for extra profit.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The ship was mentioned as being apart of the Federation taskforce in the Dominion War. (DS9 episode: "In the Pale Moonlight") so it was found or just moved to another part of the supply yard and then later put back in servie to help with the war