test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 18, 2013

Comments

• captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reputation Sponsorships good idea but very costly. The player that has reach Tier 5 has to spend 100 marks, right. So currently on Tribble there are 4 Repuations. That will be 400 marks, across the board to help an alt. So if I had 20 Alts, which I nearly have I would need to spend 8000 marks! Surely, "and Don't call me Shirley", an input of 1 mark would be possible? And if not why for all that's good is it so high! Cryptic you've not really thought this out, and for that reason you've Failed. :(
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have patience. You will get the chance to test when Cryptic opens up the server to all players. Don't beg for the server to be opened at your convenience. It's all up to Cryptic to decide when to open the server to Silver players.

Just to be clear i was only asking if Tribble was open for Silver player yet, i was not begging
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    THIS
    CHANGES
    NOTHING!

I still have to get 48 marks at T4, you want for me to list the payout for Nukara? thats 15 for Easy, 25 for Medium and 35 for Hard ... this is per character thats the God damn problem, if you have two characters then fine, this helps you but if you have 4 then this DOESNT HELP YOU because this the VERY DEFINITION OF GRIND!

EVERY CHARACTER, DOING THE EXACT SAME THING EVERY DAY FOR HOURS TO A END!

Yes its "half the time" SO WHAT? If something takes a hour is NOT going to stop taking a hour because instead of 40 days it now takes 20 ... CHANGES NOTHING! ITS STILL A HOUR PER DAY...
    Since we're yelling... ;)

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING :D

1) Look at it like this: You're taking 1hr per day to get 2800xp per day and it takes you ~40 days (really 36 if you're on every day). When the new system goes into effect you can spend 30mins per day and run to 5600xp Reps every other day. Still will take you ~40 (36) days. Or you can still spend your daily 1hr, run the 5600xp projects every day and be done in ~20 (18) days.

BOOYAH!! :P

It halves the time spent playing. Whether you take that half in the time you play per day or the over all time it takes you to finish the Rep (or some combo to breakout in between), it's still HALF.

It's still a grind. Yes. There won't be a way around that and it's the price you pay for having Rep-powers and gear available to multiple characters. But it'll be HALF THE GRIND.

2) If I may be so bold: You can stop running the slowest method of getting Nukara Marks. Run Crystalline Entity once a day, even on a Normal Queue-PUG run during off Event times you get 40 Marks. It's totally doable and takes ~10mins or so. There's (nearly) your day's worth of Marks. At T4 you might have to run it twice every third-fourth day or so.

I've completed 3xT5 on 11 Characters. It's taken many months as I did 2 or 3 at a time, but I'd spend about 20-30mins a day each (1x CE, 1x ESTF, Epohh Farming). When S8 starts, I'll do Dyson Rep on 1-2 characters, then Sponsor the others. I've got 3 characters that haven't finish the original trilogy reps and I'm going to stop grinding them until after S8 (I might run missions, between now and then to get resources (Marks, etc.) but I'm not starting any more Pre-S8 Rep Projects).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out how the double XP is meant to help the rep system ..

So I earn it twice as fast but at still stuck with 20 hour timegates ...

Get rid of the timegate for alts and you might actually be onto something decent but as it stands now , I am NOT doing rep projects for my 6 alts unless the 20hr rubbish is removed ... I've already done my painful experience on two toons ... 5 more Nup.
    Since we're yelling... ;)

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING :D

1) Look at it like this: You're taking 1hr per day to get 2800xp per day and it takes you ~40 days (really 36 if you're on every day). When the new system goes into effect you can spend 30mins per day and run to 5600xp Reps every other day. Still will take you ~40 (36) days. Or you can still spend your daily 1hr, run the 5600xp projects every day and be done in ~20 (18) days.

BOOYAH!! :P

It halves the time spent playing. Whether you take that half in the time you play per day or the over all time it takes you to finish the Rep (or some combo to breakout in between), it's still HALF.

It's still a grind. Yes. There won't be a way around that and it's the price you pay for having Rep-powers and gear available to multiple characters. But it'll be HALF THE GRIND.

2) If I may be so bold: You can stop running the slowest method of getting Nukara Marks. Run Crystalline Entity once a day, even on a Normal Queue-PUG run during off Event times you get 40 Marks. It's totally doable and takes ~10mins or so. There's (nearly) your day's worth of Marks. At T4 you might have to run it twice every third-fourth day or so.

I've completed 3xT5 on 11 Characters. It's taken many months as I did 2 or 3 at a time, but I'd spend about 20-30mins a day each (1x CE, 1x ESTF, Epohh Farming). When S8 starts, I'll do Dyson Rep on 1-2 characters, then Sponsor the others. I've got 3 characters that haven't finish the original trilogy reps and I'm going to stop grinding them until after S8 (I might run missions, between now and then to get resources (Marks, etc.) but I'm not starting any more Pre-S8 Rep Projects).

I'd like to add to this with the fact that there is always going to be some kind of grind for any game. I just think people don't like the fact that they have to work in order to see any pay off. You don't get anywhere in life if you aren't willing to work for it.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am giddy about the double-experience token for the rep system. I have a character already at T-5 on one of the reps, and T-4 on another. This will make leveling up the rep of my alt Lv. 50 characters easier, I think. But, I do have one question with this. Can we please get the rep marks be bound-to-account vs bound-to-character, so as to help our alts that may not be equipped properly to run the missions that give the needed marks, as an example, the Omega marks.

And with the exp boost, please tell me that we can get at least double the dilithium rewards for the exp projects under the sponsorship program, since the exp will be doubled.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Rep Sponsorship is entirely new tech created for Season 8. Generally speaking, we don't port major new technical features to Holodeck except when we do a Season/Expansion release, due to the inherent risk of deploying new technology without the extensive testing that a major release provides.

I am unfamiliar with this extensive testing of which you speak of .
    Is this a new feature ?
  • wardmattwardmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love the awesome changes that are coming.
    The rep sponsorship is gonna be awesome.

To those complaining about it not helping. GET OVER YOU INSTANT GRATIFICATION WANT NOW. That attitude is what case a lot of problems in this world and it cause problems for the developers of this game. If you don't like how the game works don't play or come up with a balanced solution. Yelling and throwing temper tantrums makes you look immature.
    "We've Been Looking For The Enemy For Some Time Now. We've Finally Found Him. We're Surrounded. That Simplifies Things"
    - Lewis Burwell "chesty" Puller
    How Romulans Should Choose What Faction They Are In
  • nuwok1nuwok1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131007a.16

General:
    • Mk XI Omega Force Ground Set accolade.
      • Resolved an issue which was blocking completion for captains who began progress on the set prior to the implementation of the reputation system.

What about the MACO Ground Accolade Set? I have the same problem but for the MACO, specifically I have all the prerequisites for "M.A.C.O. Elite Commander" but it won't complete. So, I can't get the costume unlock projects.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to add to this with the fact that there is always going to be some kind of grind for any game. I just think people don't like the fact that they have to work in order to see any pay off. You don't get anywhere in life if you aren't willing to work for it.

I would point out to your "don't get anywhere in life" comment that this is a game. Its not that we want something for nothing. The arguement at least for me is two fold. First I like variety which points to alts with different spec build, ships, and such, and also hurts the scripted nature of pve required for the rep since it is monotonous. The second, since I prefer pvp, I am greatly annoyed that a requirement for pvp competitiveness is rep passives coupled with the fact that really in pve you can get by without the passives.

Since they are against account bound rep they need to provide a pvp equivalent to rep xp or turn rep passives off for pvp. The equipment is a different situation because there is competitive equipment available from the fleet system so there are alternative routes to gear. The passives are firmly held in a monotonous pve mission set. Most of the account bound rep advocates are familiar folks from the pvp forums too.

I work for what I want, and part of that working is trying very hard to make it clear how the rep system needs to be set to its target audience. Sure if you eliminate it from pvp some pvper won't touch it, but ultimate that is a small small group. And don't kid yourself that this is the end of account rep help. I will say it over and again, they will continue to reduce the "work for it" as the continue to layer on new reps. We just want as much play diversity as we can have now instead of waiting till a crisis is created that they need to fix for the whole of the community later.
    wardmatt wrote: »
    I love the awesome changes that are coming.
    The rep sponsorship is gonna be awesome.

To those complaining about it not helping. GET OVER YOU INSTANT GRATIFICATION WANT NOW. That attitude is what case a lot of problems in this world and it cause problems for the developers of this game. If you don't like how the game works don't play or come up with a balanced solution. Yelling and throwing temper tantrums makes you look immature.

This applies to you as well. Furthermore if you read the pages of this thread and others of the rep system you would see there are suggestions made that are both reasonable and not so reasonable, but they are made. You have to look for it and get over the isntant gratification of being spoon fed something you dont want to find yourself.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    Get the main to T5, start the double projects on an alt and run the alt through 1 mission a day for marks. save the marks for buying goodies. Do whatever other content you would much prefer to do like PvP or troll ERP players in Drozana. I would much prefer this than doing the same grind on EVERY character EVERY day like clockwork getting marks and spending marks on Rep while trying to save some for T5 unlocked gear.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ah.. just understood the change to the project cost. The UPGRADE projects now cost 5 but the xp projects still cost 10. Unfortunate but it reduces one of the biggest costs. A total savings of 125 marks, not bad and brings the total cost down below the current reps.

Its still going to be slower to max the rep because its unlikely to get the 200xp project done 4 times a day but once you have it complete the sponsership will make alts max it fairly quickly just on the 2kxp project.
    edited October 2013
    Attempting to beam up to my ship from inside the Spire holding resuted in my character vanishing from the screen and no movement. I can still run around and interact with things but I'm not rendered on my screen.

Can't leave the map any other way as well, ended up relogging.

When changing levels inside the SB the bonus pool widget stays on the screen during the loading screen.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    Its still going to be slower to max the rep because its unlikely to get the 200xp project done 4 times a day but once you have it complete the sponsership will make alts max it fairly quickly just on the 2kxp project.

FYI it won't be quite that bad...
    I made a change yesterday to how much experience the daily and hourly XP projects work. The daily now gives 2500 and the hourly now gives 150. So, it's possible to earn 2800 in 1 hour of play assuming you have 10 Dyson Marks upon logging in.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What is the point of the Rep sponsorship, this does nothing to address the problem with having multiple characters, sure its great if you have 10 characters, and haven't done the rep grind for them, but like someone says does not address the problem with all the items that are needed, does nothing to address the expertise needed, the marks needed and the time, it will take to grind for all of these.

Why not make all marks, bnp's, commendation, expertise, etc account wide. Also why not allow the sponsorship to cut the time of the projects down by like 50% or 75%. These changes im suggesting sound like a lot but come on. This game is a massive grind fest right now, with 3 reps currently in game and 1 more incoming, plus the new holding.

Or why not make it so that if you already have someone in tier 1-5 the sponsorship tokens simply grants you the xp for that tier and you only need to pay for the upgrade project? give it a 48 hour timer that way you cant just go from tier 1 to 5 instantly it will take 10 days but you wont have to grind out all the mats and extra marks just the few for the upgrades
    edited October 2013
    FYI it won't be quite that bad...

Thats good to hear.
    edited October 2013
    aramyll wrote: »
    What is the point of the Rep sponsorship, this does nothing to address the problem with having multiple characters, sure its great if you have 10 characters, and haven't done the rep grind for them, but like someone says does not address the problem with all the items that are needed, does nothing to address the expertise needed, the marks needed and the time, it will take to grind for all of these.

Why not make all marks, bnp's, commendation, expertise, etc account wide. Also why not allow the sponsorship to cut the time of the projects down by like 50% or 75%. These changes im suggesting sound like a lot but come on. This game is a massive grind fest right now, with 3 reps currently in game and 1 more incoming, plus the new holding.

Or why not make it so that if you already have someone in tier 1-5 the sponsorship tokens simply grants you the xp for that tier and you only need to pay for the upgrade project? give it a 48 hour timer that way you cant just go from tier 1 to 5 instantly it will take 10 days but you wont have to grind out all the mats and extra marks just the few for the upgrades

Another person that does not understand that double the xp per project means that you are doing half as many projects and, thus, are required to gather half the marks, 1/2 the items and it will use 1/2 the EC in items?

Instead of having to gather marks, expertise and EC for 36 sets of the two projects you will only have to gather marks, expertise and EC for 18 sets of projects. Yes, the work you do each day to gather the supplies will not change but you will be doing that gathering for 1/2 as many days.

If you halved the time each project takes as well as put in sponsership then you are finished in 9 days, btw you would have to gather double the supplies per day to keep the projects fed if you halved the time.

I am dreadfully confused about how people can not understand that getting double xp reduces your total work to 1/2 of what you would do otherwise. :confused:

In other news the V-Rex failed to spawn in the park portion of the map and the battleground broke.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is the new Fed tutorial still bugged?
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Completing this Project will reward that character with Double Reputation XP in that specific Reputation, for the remainder of that character's lifetime.
    ~~ This means that the Projects that previously rewarded 2000xp and 800xp will now give 4000xp and 1600xp.
    Okay, I see where everyone's confusion comes from.

Once the reputation sponsorship token 'doubles the xp reward', the follow up question is, "will doubling the xp also increase the resource requirements of each project?"

We have to remember this is Cryptic. When Cryptic dealt with reorganizing the dilithium rewards, they nerfed the reward system for some of the stfs. Even though we got more projects rewarding dilithium, Cryptic compensated by thinning out the reward system.

Cryptic has never ever fixed a system without there being 'a catch'.

What is 'the catch'? Longer timers? More resource requirements per project?

Can someone who has access to tribble explain?
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [*]Dyson Joint Command Reputation Added a new project "Deliver Reports of Joint Command Victories":
    • This project requires 350 Dyson Sphere Marks and will output 5 Dyson Joint Command Commendations.

Okay, I'm sold. Thank you Cryptic, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited October 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Okay, I see where everyone's confusion comes from.

Once the reputation sponsorship token 'doubles the xp reward', the follow up question is, "will doubling the xp also increase the resource requirements of each project?"

We have to remember this is Cryptic. When Cryptic dealt with reorganizing the dilithium rewards, they nerfed the reward system for some of the stfs. Even though we got more projects rewarding dilithium, Cryptic compensated by thinning out the reward system.

Cryptic has never ever fixed a system without there being 'a catch'.

What is 'the catch'? Longer timers? More resource requirements per project?

Can someone who has access to tribble explain?

It is an incremental step, a big increment, but the need to take further steps to alleviate the repetitive reputation process is still present.

I hope they change their attitude towards the account based reputation system, maybe increase from 100k to 150-200k, but account bound none the less. The prospect of starting a Cardassian or some other new LoR like faction is too daunting in 18 months when we have 7 reps to knock out even at half the resources. I could see them giving a further discount on new factions/species in months after their launch, which might help.

The KDF release later this year or early 2014 could be hampered by the fact that many people I know have abandoned their kdf since before the rep system. There is a risk they won't take full advantage of the available purchases due to burn out. It is pretty common in my fleet, some are just talking mad, but I bet there is a decent population in the whole of the game that would buy stuff for klingons if they didn't have to step foot onto Nukara, Azure or CE. Heck STFs are boring as snot, but the dilithium rewards are worth it for gear and starbase.

Account rep is not about avoiding the new content, it is about avoiding the old content, especially over a year after it was released.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    maybe this has been asked and I've missed it so sorry in advance if that's the case.

but I was wondering this about the new rep changes. I have 9 characters and have completed the reps of 8 of them.

can I get multiple tokens? or can a character use just one token. if I can get multiple tokens do they stack? or is it 1 token per rep on a character that needs to grind still? since 8 characters completed reps has had far more input than just 1 character with completed reputations. also is it worth me waiting on doing my 9th toon which I actually only started working on 2 days ago :confused:
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The KDF release later this year or early 2014 could be hampered by the fact that many people I know have abandoned their kdf since before the rep system. There is a risk they won't take full advantage of the available purchases due to burn out. It is pretty common in my fleet, some are just talking mad, but I bet there is a decent population in the whole of the game that would buy stuff for klingons if they didn't have to step foot onto Nukara, Azure or CE. Heck STFs are boring as snot, but the dilithium rewards are worth it for gear and starbase.
    I use to have a KDF and Romulan. Once I started to burn out, I deleted both of the avatars. Since most of my time, effort, and money are invested into the Federation faction, I am going to stay clear of the KDF and Romulan factions.

Reputation system has created a grinding wall, which forces you to consolidate your money, game resources, energy, and time. If I can build three strong Federation characters, (science, tactical, and engineering), I will be able to move away from the grinding system.

I have become a casual player.

I want to be able to complete something at some point.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    What EC's and experiance for reputation projects? from previous release notes:
    A single Commendation can be used to kick off a large reputation XP project once every 20 hours. This can be compared to the large XP project found in other reputations. It doesn't require marks or any other resource, only a single Commendation.

If the new system replaces the old rep projects then there is just the one single token required. to kick off rep, and when that character completes rep it can turn unused marks into double rep tokens so alts can turn those in instead of normal rep tokens. Sounds to me like gathering commodities with EC is no longer required as is experiance.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Rep Sponsorship is entirely new tech created for Season 8. Generally speaking, we don't port major new technical features to Holodeck except when we do a Season/Expansion release, due to the inherent risk of deploying new technology without the extensive testing that a major release provides.

I am delighted to hear that you're excited for the feature though! I've been reading a lot of comments from players wondering what we were going to do for alts with Reputation, and I've had to impatiently bounce in my chair, unable to say anything until now. :P

Please push this ahead!

I'm so bored of grinding on other toons. It's really stopping people from making new toons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rom uniform FINNALY fixed! was hoping it wouldn't take longer to fix then it took to create season 8 :rolleyes:

sponsorship is cool, but it does nothing to make ranking up 5 or 6 characters at once when season 8 starts any less painful. this is just an incentive to get players to actually make new characters again.

you guys are aware that the maneuverability comm array thing also grants +100 inertia right? so on my avenger when its on, in the UI it says i have 150 inertia. is that intended?

voth ships are sounding more interesting, and i look forward to checking out the dinos and everything else on the ground

HOLY COW THEY FIXED IT... its a miracle.. now if they can only fix kdf honor guard adapted helmet issues, then they may have a new place in my heart.

Adapted helmet issues incase a dev looks at this. Unlocked the outfit and armor, but can only display the armor, not the helmet in customization.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Would love to play this wonderful update, but Tribble crashes as soon as it gets to or right before the character selection screen. Please fix!
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    Would love to play this wonderful update, but Tribble crashes as soon as it gets to or right before the character selection screen. Please fix!

post your system spec's and driver versions so it may help in seeing what is the cause , because it loads fine for me/some
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited October 2013
    Mine kept disconnecting at login, not a computer issue, but a connection issue. It also seemed unique to tribble, when I got in there was lots of server disconnect messages. Went back to holodeck and no issues, return to tribble, more spotty connection again.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    maybe this has been asked and I've missed it so sorry in advance if that's the case.

but I was wondering this about the new rep changes. I have 9 characters and have completed the reps of 8 of them.

can I get multiple tokens? or can a character use just one token. if I can get multiple tokens do they stack? or is it 1 token per rep on a character that needs to grind still? since 8 characters completed reps has had far more input than just 1 character with completed reputations. also is it worth me waiting on doing my 9th toon which I actually only started working on 2 days ago :confused:

The current state of the system (as in this & previous release notes) ....

The player character that has T5 reputation in a system, can make an account-bound sponsorship token for that reputation system via a rep-project.
    That token can be used by one of the players other characters to double the XP gained for that reputation system via a rep project "Claim sponsorship"... which undoubtable will only be available 1 time.

So for each alt ... the main that has finished all rep's can make a token for each rep to sponsor the alts rep. With the launch, that would be 4 reps, so 4 different rep tokens from the main.

What this will probably account to ... is everyone doing the "grind" on their main, and letting the alts hobble behind the main , and saving up the marks & tokens for when the main is done, and has made sponsortokens.
    And for everyone who wants it all the fastest ... they will have the choice to do it with or without the sponsorship system.

As with a lot of things in this game and real life .... If u want all the new stuff the soonest ... expect to pay the most for it.
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Mine kept disconnecting at login, not a computer issue, but a connection issue. It also seemed unique to tribble, when I got in there was lots of server disconnect messages. Went back to holodeck and no issues, return to tribble, more spotty connection again.

Exactly, same here. I can log into Holodeck fine. It's just Tribble that's borked for me.