test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Damage Graphics?

hotfudgecakeshotfudgecakes Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Are there any graphics for your ship if it has damage to it(Graphics for injuries too?) If not, why haven't them been made yet?!
\
Post edited by hotfudgecakes on

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No, there's not, not for damage; there is graphics for low hull strength and that's all.

Also, no graphics for injuries.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Your ship skin gets visually damaged all the time as you take damage. If you take a lot of damage your nacelles will start smoking and whatnot. Your Hull will turn blackened, and so on. But since your crew repairs damage quickly it goes away generally before you get to the next encounter.

If you play on Advanced or Elite the damage can appear to last longer - until you get it repaired.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited October 2013
    i wish it lingered longer, even after you heal up..

the effects are cool, but as soon as you heal it goes away.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    jlothranjlothran Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually, during closed beta, there were like 7 stages of damage.. the most damage showing your ship being pretty much on fire with smoke pouring out of it in long trails.

It was awesome.

But... then it was removed. I even got one of the devs to admit to this, on the forum board, about a year ago.

I don't know why they took it out...but it was MUCH better.
    Eleven of Twenty-Nine. Thousands of pvp matches done...hundreds of tournaments ran..and still seeing the same problems grow even larger than ever for us engineers.