test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 18, 2013

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131007a.16

New Features:

Dyson Sphere Battlezone:
  • A battlezone is a persistent ground combat zone where players battle enemy NPC's for control of the map.
    • Players can currently reach the zone by talking to Voth Defectors in Earth Space Dock or Qo'Nos.
    • The battlezone is intended for level 50 players and can hold up to twenty players per instance.
    • Each player can bring two bridge officers and can team with up to five players without losing them.
      • Meaning a team of 5 players will total 15 including bridge officers
      • The team UI will show your two bridge officers and your player teammates but no their bridge officers.
    • Each capture point scales to the number of players that are around it, starting from 1 and capping at 5.
  • The goal of the zone is to capture and maintain 18 out of 21 points on the map. This will trigger the final stage, where players must defeat at least one of the three boss fights to succeed. After this, the zone will go into a cooldown state before resetting the capture points to begin again.
  • Players can earn dilithium for the daily missions and Voth Marks by participating in capturing points

Reputation Sponsorship:
  • This feature allows players that have maxed out a reputation on one character to have double reputation experience for all of their alts in that same rep.
  • Characters that have reached Tier 5 in any Reputation will see a new project available in that Reputation: "Begin Sponsorship Procedures for Upcoming Officer"
    • This project costs 100 Marks from the applicable Reputation, and completes in ~5 seconds.
    • Completing this Project will reward that T5 Character with a Sponsorship Token applicable to that Reputation.
      • This Token is Bind-to-Account-on-Pickup, and is designed to be traded to other characters on your account via your Account Shared Bank.
    • This project can be repeated as many times as necessary.
  • All characters will see a new Tier 1 Project in each reputation: "Claim Sponsorship"
    • This project may not be immediately visible until a character interacts with the Reputation System in some way.
      • Even something as simple as slotting any project then canceling it will trigger the projects to appear.
    • Even though this is a T1 Project, it can be run by any character of any rank other than Tier 5.
    • This project requires just one Sponsorship Token (no other inputs) and completes in ~5 seconds.
    • Completing this Project will reward that character with Double Reputation XP in that specific Reputation, for the remainder of that character's lifetime.
      • This means that the Projects that previously rewarded 2000xp and 800xp will now give 4000xp and 1600xp.
  • For testing purposes only on Tribble, projects will now complete in 30 seconds instead of their stated time.

General:
  • Mk XI Omega Force Ground Set accolade.
    • Resolved an issue which was blocking completion for captains who began progress on the set prior to the implementation of the reputation system.
  • Resolved an issue with clipping for the Female Romulan Republic Upper uniform #1 piece.
  • Traits:
    • Resolved an issue where the Defense from Subterfuge had stopped stacking
    • Resolved an issue where the Stealth from Infiltrator was unintentionally stacking.
  • Avenger Battle Cruiser -Command - Strategic Maneuvering:
    • This command's turn and speed bonus no longer diminish over distance on affected allies
    • Captain will receive a flat constant speed and turn bonus if affected by this power.
    • Cruiser Command tooltips should now indicate who they affect: yourself, allies or both.
  • Removed the costume load button from the Outfits screen of the tailor.
    • This button previously did nothing.
  • Voth Space Group
    • All ranks of Voth ship equipped with it now use their Immunity Matrix power more often.
    • Voth Battleships and Dreadnaughts now use Gravity Well instead of Directed Energy Modulation.
    • Voth Battleships and Dreadnaughts are now able to use Beam Overload.
    • Voth Ward Repair Ships now have increased hitpoints.
    • All ranks of Voth ship now have an increased chance to summon a Repair Ship when they die.
    • Voth Aceton Drones are now faster and better follow their targets but have less health.
    • Voth dreadnaughts are now able to transport player ships into Gravity Wells.
  • Dyson Joint Command Reputation Added a new project "Deliver Reports of Joint Command Victories":
    • This project requires 350 Dyson Sphere Marks and will output 5 Dyson Joint Command Commendations.
    • This Upgrade project is available at Tier 0, becomes unavailable at Tier 5 and has a 20 hour duration.
    • This project is intended to support players who tend to play in long, but in infrequent play sessions, allowing players to stockpile commendations for the rest of the week when they cannot actively play.
    • Reduced the Dyson Sphere Mark cost on all Tier Upgrade projects to 5 marks.
  • New Federation Tutorial:
    • Resolved an issue that broke progression when logging out of STO in multiple locations:
      • Starfleet Academy.
      • Flying to your ship in the shuttle for the first time.
      • On the ship after the shuttle sequence.
    • Cutscenes have been improved
      • Though they are still receiving additional polish
    • Resolved an issue where some players got stuck while fighting Klingons after they board the ship both in the hall and the bridge.
    • After destroying the Jamming Satellites in the space portion of the new Federation tutorial, the Klingon Captain should more reliably appear.
    • Adjusted the end of Vega Ground so that it should always allow beam out.

Known Issues:
  • The Dyson Commendation earned after completing Storming the Spire is being rewarded after each play instead of once a day.
  • Reputation progress does not transfer with characters copied to Tribble. We're investigating alternative solutions to allow transferred characters to try out the Sponsorship system.
  • Numerous maps in game and in the Foundry will appear white.
  • Foundry is not accessible.
  • Occasionally, security officers are blocked in the Armory in the new Federation tutorial blocking progression.
  • Romulan Captains cannot rearrange their HUD in system space.
  • Fleet members do not display in the fleet roster.
  • Ships are translucent in the character select screen.
  • Rewards for the battlezone are not finalized.
  • Environment art for the battlezone is not finalized
  • The introduction cutscene for the battlezone is not finalized.
  • You cannot currently choose which bridge officers you bring into the battlezone.
  • There are a few spots in the Battlezone where captains can fall through the environment.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my body is ready...
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fantastic news. How soon until this goes live?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You have made me a happy cat with these rep changes.
    I didn't think you would put this out... thank you...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rom uniform FINNALY fixed! was hoping it wouldn't take longer to fix then it took to create season 8 :rolleyes:

sponsorship is cool, but it does nothing to make ranking up 5 or 6 characters at once when season 8 starts any less painful. this is just an incentive to get players to actually make new characters again.

you guys are aware that the maneuverability comm array thing also grants +100 inertia right? so on my avenger when its on, in the UI it says i have 150 inertia. is that intended?

voth ships are sounding more interesting, and i look forward to checking out the dinos and everything else on the ground
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rep Sponsorship>>Redshirt>>Holodeck in say a 7 day turn around!
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    YAY!!!!! Love the rep changes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Resolved an issue where the Defense from Subterfuge had stopped stacking.

Nifty...
    Resolved an issue where the Stealth from Infiltrator was unintentionally stacking.

...can I ask for some wary clarification on this?

I definitely get BOFF Infiltrator + BOFF Infiltrator not stacking (I harped about the +Stealth stuff with Subterfuge having been "changed" back in March and then broken some time after LoR)...so no worries there.

Will Captain Infiltrator still stack with the highest BOFF Infiltrator...or will it just be the highest?
  • flyingtargflyingtarg Member Posts: 105 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Rep Sponsorship>>Redshirt>>Holodeck in say a 7 day turn around!

Unfortunately the Rep Sponsorship is entirely new tech created for Season 8. Generally speaking, we don't port major new technical features to Holodeck except when we do a Season/Expansion release, due to the inherent risk of deploying new technology without the extensive testing that a major release provides.

I am delighted to hear that you're excited for the feature though! I've been reading a lot of comments from players wondering what we were going to do for alts with Reputation, and I've had to impatiently bounce in my chair, unable to say anything until now. :P
    Daniel "FlyingTarg" Razza
    Star Trek Online Lead Programmer
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sponsorship requires the prime make T5 before alts even start to take true use of the account bonus. Once we get the sponsorship running on an alt will the double xp runs still be limited to 20 hour timers or will they run faster since we had time to participate regularly till that point on them, build up materials for inputs, and were delayed beginning the rep process for prime to finish T5?

The battlezones sound neat, more like PvP than the old game so it might be a better play for group runs.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
    edited October 2013
    "There are a few spots in the Battlezone where captains can fall through the environment."

I want to find one of these. Sink holes like back home! Too bad we dont have a GPS to report the spots accurately!
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    YAY!!!!! Love the rep changes

I want this on ALL rep systems. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    I want this on ALL rep systems. :)

You'll probably get it.

I believe that one of the Dev's mentioned They were looking at possible ways to retrofit previous Reps.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pretty certian this is going to all the rep systems, as a toon hits t5 in one system THAT particular one get the new mission. Its a per rep track basis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • flyingtargflyingtarg Member Posts: 105 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    You'll probably get it.

I believe that one of the Dev's mentioned They were looking at possible ways to retrofit previous Reps.

Reputation Sponsorships are available for not only the Voth Reputation, but also Omega, Nukara and Romulan Reputations.
    Daniel "FlyingTarg" Razza
    Star Trek Online Lead Programmer
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    The Reputation Sponsorship applies to not only the Voth, but the Romulan, Omega and Nukara reputations as well.
    I think what was meant was that the old reputations should work entirely like the new dyson rep. That is, the 2k XP project should take a single token, and the overall costs of gear should come down.
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    Pretty certian this is going to all the rep systems, as a toon hits t5 in one system THAT particular one get the new mission. Its a per rep track basis

Correct, rep sponsorship will be on the new rep and all existing reps once season 8 drops.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, so the once you do the rep once all other alts just effectively have to do half the rep after that.

That and the change to being able to stockpile commendations I am happy and ready to go.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    Reputation Sponsorships are available for not only the Voth Reputation, but also Omega, Nukara and Romulan Reputations.

Heh..

I was reading more into his comment than I should have...

I meant that the new Voth Rep. style/mechanics, would probably be back-fitted to the previous reputations.

I think I read somewhere in the New Commendation thread that that was a possibility.

Though I may have misinterpreted/misunderstood that particular Dev comment as well.

:o
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can us non gold come back and play?:confused:
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rep sponsorship is pretty cool, but to take advantage of it more characters will end up behind schedule on what's actually possible. It's a highly situational boost.
  • hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Game crashed after patch load 40% storming the spire elite
    edited October 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Rep sponsorship is pretty cool, but to take advantage of it more characters will end up behind schedule on what's actually possible. It's a highly situational boost.

I am hoping they can make adjustments at each tier level or better yet changing the time to 15 seconds for rep on alts with the sponsorship. It will be more convenient but annoying to just be waiting at a depreciated state, especially several weeks into a new season's rep.

In reality if the prime made T5 there is no need for a 20hr timer on the alts, the time gate has been achieved and there is already the timers on the commendations. I wondered if the timer would be adjusted for double xp since the time gate has been achieved and regular participation would be required to get the materials for the rep.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just tried the fed tutorial it still isn't working properly. my toon couldn't go into any of the rooms to repel klingon invaders. When I changed instances the character got stuck in the academy.

So I rolled another character. This time I didn't walk first to the transporter room and instead continued down the corridor. I couldn't get into the transporter room afterwords and was stuck.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The new Reputation Sponsorship feature sounds amazing, and I can't wait to get that! Thanks Cryptic!

Also glad to see that you're finally fixing the Romulan uniform. Woot!

All the other new stuff sounds great too.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Unlike some of the previous posts claiming how "Amazing" the new change to the rep sounds, to me it just makes me wonder why this is being done this way, and not just re-working all of the older reputations to be just like the Dyson Rep...?

Oh gee.. so now it'll take from 32ish days each rep to about 16 days.. But no change in how much materials we'll need compared to the Voth Rep grind.. :rolleyes:

I guess you couldn't change the old reps, so your just going with the quick and dirty solution instead? :(
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    ...Oh gee.. so now it'll take from 32ish days each rep to about 16 days.. But no change in how much materials we'll need compared to the Voth Rep grind.. :rolleyes:

I guess you couldn't change the old reps, so your just going with the quick and dirty solution instead? :(
    The Dyson Rep system is a "prototype" for how they will make Reps going forward, and assuming it's a success, the eventual plan (Season 9+) will be to retrograde the old Reps to a similar system.

The Sponsorship feature will affect all Reps, including the new Dyson and the old/original Trinity Reps (and persumably be available on any new Reps going forward). Cutting an alt's Rep from 36 to 18 days, and therefore half the resources/mission-run count also... Sounds great to me.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you guys are aware that the maneuverability comm array thing also grants +100 inertia right? so on my avenger when its on, in the UI it says i have 150 inertia. is that intended?

Shhhh... Quiet you! ;):D
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reputation Sponsorship:EVERYTHING!!

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and use a crowbar to pry my eyeballs off my monitor. :eek:

An early thanks to you guys for this. :D:D:D
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The ability to grind commendation coins for the big project in advance must have been one of the main critisms of the new system, I'm really glad you addressed it, shows that valid player concerns are taken seriously. :)

The sponsorship function sounds pretty good, too, it means I'll have to pick one of my chars to level Voth rep first, now and wait with the others to get the best out of it, but for new players creating alts this will be a huge boon.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!