test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seeking Omega Reputation Advise

barendarkbarendark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I am newly arrived at Tier V Omega reputation and am seeking feedback on which of the various sets I should be considering given the current state of the game. (some sets ebb and flow on the value they add)

Some basic Criteria

Play style: PVE/STF (I just don't enjoy PvP)
Ship: Scimitar
Captain: Science
I am currently "not" using A2B. (haven't quite gotten it working yet)

I currently have a Jem Hadar set.

Thoughts? (and Thank you)
Post edited by barendark on

Comments

• Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    From my own experience I find using the adapted maco deflector and engines on the scimitar work well. The shield is dependant on whether or not you're using a plasmonic leach console. If you are, either go with the adaptd maco shield, borg shield or the jem'hadar shield (Ideally mk xii if you can help it). If you aren't using the leach, then consider the normal maco shield too.

edit:
    Assuming you're a Fed-Rom. It'll be a 2-piece Honour Guard set instead if you're a KDF-Rom.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, you're not really saying how you intend to play, what build, etc. All that determines what kind of stats you need to boost up.

For defensiveness, the MACO / Adapted KHG set is still very, very good.

For offense, accuracy, and a bit of SCI, the Omega Set is nice.

For high shield cap, elusiveness, broad and pretty good SCI stats, and an inherent torpedo damage bonus, the Adapted MACO / KHG set is great.

And of course, the Mk XII Borg Set is great for the procs to repair your hull and shield.

You can mix and match of course.

Omega Space Set comparison is here, but you need to dive into the specific set to look at the set bonuses.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jaguarman1234jaguarman1234 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've taken to developing a Sci-mitar in the Tulwar variant. It isn't quite for public dissemination, yet. you might consider that.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Borg 11 Deflector and Engine, then a 12 shield of MACO, Adapted MACO (KHG), or Fleet Adaptive.

Seriously, the difference on Borg 11 and 12 on those components is 1.8 on skill boosts and a slightly slower Full Impulse. You'd never notice the difference, but you would notice saving 30k dil.
  • Options
    beyerebeyere Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm an engineer with the new zen store carrier/destroyer (1 bay of scorpions). I'm thinking I want defense stats to play as a sort-of tank with decent damage ability. From what you've said, it sounds like the MACO set would work better for me than the omega or assimilated sets?
    EB
  • Options
    jaguarman1234jaguarman1234 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I will say on my Sci-mitar I am using the Mk XII JH set but I am looking for what works best. On another toon, I have the MACO set and it looks SMEXY!!! on the Avenger Class.