test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Promotional codes/registration keys

turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
I recently purchased a used copy of STO so that I could use it to install/reinstall the game and thus avoid ARC...

As it's a retail copy, it comes with a registration key/promotional code/whatever you want to call it...

Is there any way to find out if the key's still good or if it's already been used? And if there's no way to be sure, what could possibly happen if I were to try using it?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    While it may already be used, and thus not redeemable, you can still try it here just in case: www.startrekonline.com/activate

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So it won't cause my account to lock down or anything if it's already been redeemed?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    So it won't cause my account to lock down or anything if it's already been redeemed?

No :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    "This key has already been used".

Oh, well. It was worth a try, anyways.
  • Options
    jaguarman1234jaguarman1234 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    do you have Steam?