test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hangar: B'Roth Birds of Prey - Worth the Dilithium?

mll623mll623 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I currently have a mirror Vo'Quv carrier, and use the B'rel raiders as pets. I like the damage they do in STFs (torpedoes often hit for nearly 10K) and was wondering if it was worth the dilithium to buy the advanced variant.

If not, are advanced slavers worth it now that they patched the loot tables?

If that is a no, what should I use for pets?

I currently use 6 disruptor arrays with TT, BFAW and APB2. Sci is set up with GW and ENG has EPTS3, 2x EPTW1, DEM 1 and RSP 1.
Post edited by mll623 on

Comments

• twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I thought so, at least. Those B'rothl's (Brothels?) wreck things, in my experience.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Absolutely!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are they any better than Elite Scorpion Fighters? At first I was using B'rels but switched to Elite Scorpion Fighters once I completed the Romulan Reputation. One of the things I didn't like about the B'rels was that they almost never used their dual cannons. I found them to only be useful against unshielded targets.

I'm also using a Mirror Vo'Quv. I use mine for PvE with Romulan & Omega Reputation torpedoes. I also 2xA2B1 with 3 Purple Technicians for endless drains, crowd control, and maximum high-yield plasma devastation.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited October 2013
    I advise you to stay away from the Slavers of any type. They have been nerfed into uselessness.

I run B'Rolths on my Vo'Quv and they are a significant upgrade.

But I advise you join the Public Service channel and try for a KDF T5 Sci invite and buy the Elites.

I like the BoPs because they survive better than fighters. Also get your hands on Wing Commander.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Fleet Elite BoPs hangar pets are the Qaw'Duns, they have Quad Disruptor cannons, battle cloak, cannon rapid fire three, and I think high yield III. So that's pretty cool.

I disagree about the Slavers, sort of, the Elites aren't bad. They have 360 disruptor beams, photon torpedoes, and Quantum Mines. The key is the Photon Torpedoes, which they fire very often, which takes a toll even on foes that have shields over time. That six per hangar ships firing beams and photons.

Looting has improved somewhat, but you have to realize that if you kill things too fast you won't get much, because they Slavers won't have the chance to loot.

I think crew stealing is seperate from looting as there is no idea gain, just enemy crew decreases, but that has little effect as far I can tell.

Don't bother with anything less then Elite Slavers, they suck now, at least Elite Slavers has some firepower.

Also if you go with Slavers make sure you get some threat +consoles from the Fleet Embassy and Wing Commander. They got a really stupid and unnessary nerf to hp, so more then any other ship type you actually want to draw fire to yourself. Even with the nerf with three threat + consoles and the Wing Commander trait I regularly get them to 5 stars.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you can, get the elite version. They are good but they are squishy compare to Jem Hadar Attack Ship pets.

But they are still better than elite scorpions.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mll623 wrote: »
    I currently have a mirror Vo'Quv carrier, and use the B'rel raiders as pets. I like the damage they do in STFs (torpedoes often hit for nearly 10K) and was wondering if it was worth the dilithium to buy the advanced variant.
    No, they are absolutely not worth it. The Advanced Brotlhs are completely outclassed by the QawDun versions, which are superior in every way: There is no reason you would ever choose the Advanced ones when the Elite ones are just as readily available. Don't waste your money on this trash, get the real ones instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,861 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No, they are absolutely not worth it. The Advanced Brotlhs are completely outclassed by the QawDun versions, which are superior in every way: There is no reason you would ever choose the Advanced ones when the Elite ones are just as readily available. Don't waste your money on this trash, get the real ones instead.

Not everyone has 45k dilithium, 100k fleet credits, and access to a tier 5 sci on the KDF side isn't as easy as asking in zone chat on Qonos.
    edited October 2013
    NoP Public Service is still around, at last check. I note you have not actually attempted to refute my point about them being completely outclassed, though. There is not a single statistic where the Advanced is actually better in any way. There's really just no reason to choose them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mll623mll623 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The reason I would choose them is because I am currently in a fleet which I don't want to leave just to buy fleet gear. I am helping to build a fleet and feel that selling out for gear is not the way the system is intended.

Basically, leaving my fleet just to buy stuff is not an option.

My question is:

"Are the advanced versions worth the 30k Dilithium, assuming otherwise I am stuck with the normal models, and would be so for a couple months at least"
    edited October 2013
    You don't have to leave your fleet, just join the Public Service channel and keep an eye out for an invite to a Klingon T5 Sci Starbase.

You can than use your fleets resources to buy the Elite BoPs.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
    edited October 2013
    So I could buy elite hangar pets without leaving a fleet, and I guess likely paying for the provision I would use. Seems a little odd but I will ask around.

What are the yields like for elite slavers? I find that even in elite STFs my carrier does fairly decent DPS (plus APB and gravity well helps the entire team) so I could forgo the firepower for extra loot over time.
    edited October 2013
    No you use your fleets provisions to buy it.

You buy it out of there store, but the costs come from your fleet.

The way ships work on the otherhand is I can buy them from any starbase that sells ships, so your fleet needs to do it's ship yard itself.
    edited October 2013
    What type of provisions do hangar pets use? My fleet usually has a couple of each (we are nearly at tier 2) but I don't know what we need.

Also, are they really worth the extra 15k dilithium and 100k fleet credits?
  • sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What type of provisions do hangar pets use? My fleet usually has a couple of each (we are nearly at tier 2) but I don't know what we need.

I have to say, the Fleet system is a complicated mess with so many undocumented nuances and "traps" to get you to waste resources; one might say by design...

Anyway! The provision needed is: 1 Starbase Science Personal Requisition Provisioning
    edited October 2013

Yes, considering the alternative is that you flush 30K down the drain in addition to paying the extra 45K later. Do you want to buy them for 45K or 75K?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]