test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• simontmagussimontmagus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey there - fantastic ideas all around, without question! For my part, I'd like:

More heels for women - basically shoes with the 7 of 9 heels.
    More hairstyles, especially long or with hair-sticks
    More makeup options
    Film Noir outfits for Holodeck or other RP (i.e. Actual stockings - not pantyhose, Fedoras, coats, etc.)
    Trenchcoats (Cliche I realize, but fun for those of us who play Independent types)
    More Off-Duty outfits!
    Cheong-sam / Qi-Pao type dresses
    Glasses
    Gloves for women
    More 'Android' looking options
    Cloaks / Capes as a neck piece, especially for Romulans and Klingons

Again, just a few ideas that Ive had - I'm a lifer here since beta (though took a break) and this is stuff I've been wanting to see for ages, so I figured I'd put my two credits in.
  • alridgerunneralridgerunner Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This It's the final version of TNG's Admiral's Uniform. The way I've seen the story play out on screen through the movies and DS9 is that the TNG Season 3+ Uniform stayed in service as a Service Uniform and the First Contact/DS9 uniform was more of a working uniform.

I would like for my Admiral to have the TNG uniform for use aboard stations and other installations, and then use the First Contact/DS9 uniform aboard ship and on away missions.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Take a peek at the Women of TOS costumes topic in the C-Store forum?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the costume I would like more then any other, even though ive been asking for the TNG formal dress uniforms, is the Old Navy Uniforms they wore in Star Trek Generations, this is how I want Cat to look. I Even commissioned a poster for my "Temporal Ambassador" series on deviant art of him dressed in that (only with a blue jacket instead of black) holding a cutlass. ^^
  • slugisslugis Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The option to use Reman as Base Complexion when creatin a male alien .

Startrek/Into Darkness uniforms and
    Rear Admiral uniform.
  • ixboneheadxiixboneheadxi Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    we need headgear. for klingons it could be just standard helmets and what not, and for kdf it should be some standard form of cap that is optional for crew and formal hats for dress uniforms(see star trek into darkness they have hats at one point)
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Long hair styles for romulan females.
  • ixboneheadxiixboneheadxi Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    also facial hair for romulans as far as ive seen you cant have any. and ive seem rom DOFFs with facial hair.
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, we need Rom beards, asap. And split bottom pants need to be fixed. And men need their soft boots back, else every TOS uni will be forever... wicked ghetto.

This, I believe, is the complete list of current disasterous problems with obviously easy fixes.
    Greenbird
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Something that I'd like to see added to Federation uniforms/costumes are wrist attachments.

The new Romulan faction has some very nice looking wrist tech and I cannot imagine the Romulans are the only race smart enough to consider wearing wrist devices.

Since the mechanics are already in place for Romulans (and KDF) it should be easy to add the ability to select wrist tech items for FED toons and BOffs.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd like to see some RL uniforms and outfits, things like Napoleonic war era outfits, stuff from the world wars as well as some more modern military outfits.

The Brit in me would love to run around in a red coat, or a British '95 pattern uniform :P
    I need a beer.

• dantesboi1dantesboi1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like the skant uniform and Uhura earpiece for males.

I agree! Let my Trill run around in a Skant!!!
    Vice Admiral Veriyn Kiiz
    Joined Trill
    Starfleet Recuriter
    Dancing on the bar in Ten Forward since '09!!! Looking for a cute Deltan boy to date!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Enterprise Maco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd just like to see more of the options we have mixed together. For example my Romulan Borg can't have a beard. I'd like to be able to put a tattoo, beard and etc on any of my characters. I would also like to see a lot of scarring options added for Reman, Klingons and Gorn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It would be better for the Lobi store Klingon skirt to be straightened in my opinion.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,246 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    I would like to see the distinction between Uniform, Formal, and Off-Duty done away with, so we can have more mix and match options with what we already have, plus allowing BOFFs to wear all of these options as well.

Also, it seems some items' colors get linked when worn together, which causes unintended color changes during costume editing. This needs to be fixed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can we have the Parts of the Odyssey and Bortasqu Uniforms that are in the Game files already but not avalible to us?

Long coat and belt for Ody

Shoulder armor and Sash For Bortasqu
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited September 2013
    my vulcan male cant wear a beard..............................................
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    would it be posible to use bare feet on some other off duty uniforms and not just risa? something like off duty robe with bare feet?
    and also maybe tatoos, scars on other body parts not just face.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    binebane wrote: »
    would it be posible to use bare feet on some other off duty uniforms and not just risa? something like off duty robe with bare feet?
    and also maybe tatoos, scars on other body parts not just face.

Yes this would be cool, aparantly nobody in the star trek universe is ever seriously injured on thier body ever, just the face
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to see a better TOS Klingon outfit. The pants on the Rommie TOS outfit would work well if I remember my TOS episodes. Also better boots for KDF females.

Med kit with strap for Rommies? How about making this available for FED side. A tricorder perhaps for the TOS look.

Major Kira's mirror universe outfit.

And what about bringing back the warrior beard and sash?

Skants!

I now these are long shots but, I thought I'd chime in.
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nefarius2 wrote: »
    I'd like to see a better TOS Klingon outfit. The pants on the Rommie TOS outfit would work well if I remember my TOS episodes. Also better boots for KDF females.

Med kit with strap for Rommies? How about making this available for FED side. A tricorder perhaps for the TOS look.

True, we've got full TOS male and female outfits for both the Feds and the Romulans, why not the Klingons too? Right now, all the KDF has is the male shirt. They're missing the female top & the pants and boots for both.

For everyone's reference here are links to the Male KDF and the Female KDF uniforms in TOS.

I like your idea of adding in the old TOS style tricorders as a chest gear like the Romulans have. I'd buy that.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Enterprise Maco!!!!

/fireworks.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    True, we've got full TOS male and female outfits for both the Feds and the Romulans, why not the Klingons too? Right now, all the KDF has is the male shirt. They're missing the female top & the pants and boots for both.

For everyone's reference here are links to the Male KDF and the Female KDF uniforms in TOS.

I like your idea of adding in the old TOS style tricorders as a chest gear like the Romulans have. I'd buy that.

Thank you. I think there's quite a few fans who like the TOS style and I think these ideas would sell. Plus if you make the TOS KDF female outfit they would have an opportunity to address the female boots on the KDF side or lack thereof. There are always threads popping up about it.
  • starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to see a little more freedom in the off duty stuff, specifically the seasonal wear. For example, the beachcomber outfit begs to have a shirtless option for males, and a bikini top for females. The swimwear on Risa would be nice too.

There are still a fair number of clipping bugs on some of the uniforms, like my Odyssey top letting the lower half clip through it a bit, and my omega set has the neck of the shirt clipping into the neck of my character.
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    omega uniform for bridge officers
  • aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can we get normal reading type glasses? after all Kirk got some (WoK)
    Nedya.png
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Two interlinked requests.

1. Off-duty options that aren't robes or 'Kung-Fu' looking tops besides the Mercenary outfits; by this I mean stuff like the vests and shirts and such that the Maguis would wear.

2. Make Off-duty options available for BOffs as well as Captains. This way, we can beam down to New Romulus with our accompanying officer in more appropriate 'working' or 'wilderness' outfits than a uniform; or can outfit our BOffs as Mercenaries to match our Captain; or even just give all our BOffs civilian clothes in case we want to play as a 'New Maquis' to fight the True Way and 'New Dominion'.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i was wondering for Off Duity Clothing you have sleep wear as were like night gowns pajamas that sort of thing
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Need Dixon Hill gear.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png