test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for the Miner's Outfit!

bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
edited November 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
I just wanted to thank the devs and the art team for doing a wonderful job on the Dilithium Miner's outfit! It's very nicely detailed, and presents many options and combinations. Well done!

Mind you, I have no logical explanation why my Admirals are dressing up as miners, and mining dilithium themselves. But hey, it's a game.... :)

Two minor quibbles, however:
  • "Gauntlet" is misspelled.
  • My Federation liberated Borg female can't use the "Seven of Nine" hand that she normally does. The only hand options are "Bare" and "Miner Gloves".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ya gotta respect leaders who lead from the front.

"Ensign, load up the container with dilithium ore. Here, let me show you how first. Aw hell, just stand over there. I'll do it myself."
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not too interested in dressing like a miner, either. But that costume is so flexible, you can do all kinds of outfits with it that don't look like a miner at all. The pieces have large palettes and can be used pretty freely with other costume parts. And it can be worn by boffs, too. Overall its a great costume and much more worth buying than the Embassy robes.

My only problem with it is, Fed-Rom can't use the wrist computers with it. :(
    But then those can't be used with most other things either, so nothing new there.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes I have to agree, many thanks for this miner outfit.

My romulan girl looks great in it, and to be onest is doesnt look all that miner, to me at least, but more of a tomb raider/arheologist costume.

The goggles looks awesome, too bad there isnt a hoody or a cap like the remans have or even a protection helmet but thats ok, i still like it :)
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sounds awesome... Where do you get it?
    76561198032353876.png
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rooster707 wrote: »
    Sounds awesome... Where do you get it?

You have to be part of a Fleet with the Dilithium Mine Fleet Holding...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You have to be part of a Fleet with the Dilithium Mine Fleet Holding...

You don't have to be part of the fleet. You just need an invite to a mine holding that has it unlocked. And it doesn't use a provision, so you don't even need to be in any fleet to buy it... just costs fleet credits and dil (8k/16k).
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately I experienced a bug that failed to unlock all pieces of the miner outfit on my liberated Borg human toon so I'm pretty steamed about that.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would love to sneak a peek at a screenshot or two of anyone wearing this outfit?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Miner outfit is nice and I'd happily buy it for more toons if not for one thing. Am I the only one who has this problem with the belt?

I'm assuming the pouch is supposed to be on the leg and not just floating off into the wide blue yonder?
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    daboholic wrote: »
    The Miner outfit is nice and I'd happily buy it for more toons if not for one thing. Am I the only one who has this problem with the belt?

I'm assuming the pouch is supposed to be on the leg and not just floating off into the wide blue yonder?

OK, I think I see your issue. The pouch is like that to clear the hip guards. If you don't use them, it leaves a gap like that. They should probably have a second belt without that pouch to eliminate that problem.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    OK, I think I see your issue. The pouch is like that to clear the hip guards. If you don't use them, it leaves a gap like that. They should probably have a second belt without that pouch to eliminate that problem.

Ah thankyou. To be honest I was just messing around with the outfit and never noticed it had hip guards (just a big gap). A second belt option similar to the Romulan Republic ones would be nice though.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i REALLY love the miner uniform, but one of the biggest issues for me is that the skins end at the neck. I use the infected skin on my character, and with all the open uniform options, it makes me sad that the only skins that work with them are the Trill and Caitian skins. Anything else aside from a plain skin, just looks terrible.

I do like the costume itself though, and it has me looking forward to the Spire costume.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't wait to get it on my klingons... the academy armor is nice, but it feels odd to not have any outer leg armor so this will help give my heavily armored guys a real 'walking tank' look

...at least I hope its compatible with the klingon academy armor...
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    want to add my thanks also, for ages i was stuck with just spiky boots or sandals on my orion Diplomacy BOFF, now she wears the miners boots

Additionally the belt is very useful as a utility belt for an away team
    like this http://chaos-sandwhich.deviantart.com/art/Meet-The-Crew-410286890?ga_submit_new=10%253A1383075357
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • cookieulvcookieulv Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The costume is also bugged on Caitian. Invisible chest and arm