edited October 2013 in Ten Forward
Check out this news interview

Let's hope it does become reality

http://news.sky.com/story/1154380/star-trek-to-boldly-return-to-tv-screens
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To keep CBS' interest, of course, it's going to have to be either NCIS Starfleet or CSI: Star Trek...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kriskniveskrisknives Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    To keep CBS' interest, of course, it's going to have to be either NCIS Starfleet or CSI: Star Trek...

I'd laugh....but this way too close to being true. :eek:
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited October 2013

you know, I could almost see an NCIS Starfleet. Well, not literally (and I doubt it would be called that). But There has been more then enough evidence that some captains don't always follow Starfleet rules, like they should. I can see a criminal investigative service within startfleet, especially where violations of the Prime Directive might come into play.
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "Damn it Jim! I''m a forensic pathologist, not a lumberjack!"
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually that would be an interesting take, rather than focus on the command crew of a ship, focus on the behind the scenes... such as JAG, Fleet Investigations, DTI...
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I heard that Netflix was 100% behind bringing ST:Enterprise back and that CBS told the people running the campaign to go in to a 'Hholding Patten' while they internaly reorganise :p
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm just imagining the shlitz-storm that'll hit the internetz If & When it finally does...

Old Fans.. New fans... DS-9 Fans... Voyager Fans... ENTERPRISE Fans...

I wonder just how many are going to twitch & moan, because it doesn't fit their perfect ideal.

Hopefully, the majority will just be happy Trek is back on TV.

I know I will be.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kekvin wrote: »
    I heard that Netflix was 100% behind bringing ST:Enterprise back and that CBS told the people running the campaign to go in to a 'Holding Patten' while they internally reorganize :p

THIS is what I really want to happen...

Give us a Fifth season of ENTERPRISE, and see how it goes, then start planning another series.

I believe what they are 'internally reorganizing' is a way for both parts of the Trek Empire to benefit from what ever they do.

It would not surprise me to see some new form of joint ownership be worked out.

I think they took it on the chin when JJ said '...to hell with this...' about the merchandising.

Somebody probably got blamed for screwin'-the-pooch for that and they don't want it to happen again!

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ccmurphyccmurphy Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just hope it's not going to be jj trek related. i've watched his trek movies and i still say there the worst trek out there, have it in the prime universe after ds9 and voy, take some of the stories from the books and make them cannon, then go from there. I bet some of the old casts would want to come back even if it was just a camio
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Check out this news interview

Let's hope it does become reality

http://news.sky.com/story/1154380/star-trek-to-boldly-return-to-tv-screens
    Its too soon for another "Star Trek" series.
    However, at the end of last month JJ Abrams said that a TV series was unlikely:

?What I?ve been told from the powers that be [at CBS] is that they're not interested,? he said to Collider.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whatever it ends up being, fans will riot and say its the death of the Franchise and not trek
    GwaoHAD.png
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Whatever it ends up being, fans will riot and say its the death of the Franchise and not trek

Don't they do that whenever any Trek series comes out?
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited October 2013

And don't forget Roddenberry spinning in his grave and endless Picard Facepalm memes.

Edit: love the new sig, by the way.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The internet. Go extinct already! :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • bronzephantombronzephantom Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Right... how many years foreword since the last episode? the last episode was at least 3* years or maybe even six* years into the future,(not counting the TNG part of it) are they going to start before 'Trip' dies? because if they start after that, Enterprise will be put with the mothballs and it will be roughly one or two episodes long or more if they add a random thingmahbobhappening meaning that Enterprise would be sent back out to space to do the thingymahbob and save humanity. (again)

*The Andorian who used to be a member of the Imperial Guard faked his on death and it worked for three years.

*T'Pol and 'Trip's relationship was said to have been over for six years.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2013

What ever happens, I hope it has Sharks in Space.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited October 2013

Well if you're needing a criminal worthy of such a team, Red Jack was not a species of one. Just sayin'.

I'm all for satisfying fans of two sci-fi franchises at once: make David Tennant captain of the next ship.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well if you're needing a criminal worthy of such a team, Red Jack was not a species of one. Just sayin'.

I'm all for satisfying fans of two sci-fi franchises at once: make David Tennant captain of the next ship.

Next Halloween perhaps? :3
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013

hum maybe a section 31 series :rolleyes:
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    New TV season - check.

Yet another rumor of a new 'Star Trek' series being pitched for the 'small' screen - check.

Again, it's doubtful new Star Trek will be back on TV before the finish the current feature film series. Neither Paramount nor CBS want to risk the slightest possibility of over saturation again.

I honestly do think they'll put Star Trek on TV again, but not until the current feature film series has run its course. (Maybe they'll annopunce plans in 2016, after the third film, as part of the 50th Anniversary of the premire of 'Star Trek' in 1966.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."