test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hive Onslaught is still broken.

marcthe000001marcthe000001 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
Dear Cryptic;

I am writing this as a formal complaint about an STF called "Hive Onslaught (Elite)", Me and many other players believe that the overall STF needs a complete overhaul in how it spans out though out the mission.

The first part of the mission is fine, it's just the part where we have to fight the lance weapons is when things go from fun to absolute brokenness in an instant.

This part does not work at all for these reasons:

-the lance weapons fire these slow moving plasma blots which can do 100000 damage insta-killing anything it hits.

-The cannons fire regardless of whenever you manage to get within 5km of the guns in time before they fully charge.

And if we somehow manage to get pass that part, the Hive Queen does way too much damage for her own good.

If this STF is to work there are going to have to be some changes;

-Get rid of the slow plasma bolt of death altogether OR re-do it so that it doesn't do 100000 damage but instead make it 8000 damage with and ability to put all powers on cooldown for 15seconds.

-fix the Lance weapons so that they have a reasonably small firing arc and ether cancels it's charge up if there are no players in their arc or to pick a different target if the is one.

-Lower the Hive Queen's damage output and crit' chance enough so that she can be a challenge but not able to take out everyone with ease.

I hope you'll read this and fix the STF as soon as possible.

With hopeful confidence, MarcThe000001

P.S: I wrote this complain in the forums so that people who have had the same problem can also address this too.
Post edited by marcthe000001 on

Comments

• macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    They don't care. They are busy making the lasers on T'rex bigger. Only 1000 Zen for the upgrade!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i sense so much anger from the one above
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i sense so much anger from the one above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLjhLaD9Zjw

Oops ... wrong genre. :D That one was meant for Bioware and TOR.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only issue with HOE is that the lances can kill you from long range (17k or 19k away), which is annoyingly broken. Apart from that, HOE's really quite fun.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zi76 wrote: »
    The only issue with HOE is that the lances can kill you from long range (17k or 19k away), which is annoyingly broken. Apart from that, HOE's really quite fun.

They put that in on purpose because people could use carriers and stay between 10km and 15 km to not die and let the pets do all the killing just to get the optional.

The beams should not be going farther than 15km. If they are, take a screen shot or a video and post it.

The game has a sort of bug when it comes to timing. As an example, in Crystalline Catastrophe, if you were within 10km when the blast started you will still die (or take serious damage) even if you fly 20km away before the blast actually hits you. So for HSE, if you're in range of the unimatrix's beam when it starts to fire, you'll get hit even if you move next to the queen or greater than 15km away before it finishes firing.
    edited October 2013
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    They put that in on purpose because people could use carriers and stay between 10km and 15 km to not die and let the pets do all the killing just to get the optional.

The beams should not be going farther than 15km. If they are, take a screen shot or a video and post it.

The game has a sort of bug when it comes to timing. As an example, in Crystalline Catastrophe, if you were within 10km when the blast started you will still die (or take serious damage) even if you fly 20km away before the blast actually hits you. So for HSE, if you're in range of the unimatrix's beam when it starts to fire, you'll get hit even if you move next to the queen or greater than 15km away before it finishes firing.

No, no, I know perfectly well about the timing bug, but I don't consider that a bug. If it starts charging before you're out of range, you deserve to die. I'm talking about hanging out that distance away while waiting for some team members to respawn (such as when wanting to ensure getting the optional against the unimatrixes, so you wait for some team members to respawn). I don't have a screenshot of it, but two nights ago, I was waiting for some team members to respawn and I was 17km away from the unimatrix. It charged and lanced me from that distance.

I'm fine with the lances preventing you from pet spamming them, but I'm not fine with getting lanced out of range (I wasn't in range before they charged). I don't use a carrier, so I don't do the pet spam thing in the first place.

Next time it happens, I'll remember to take a screenshot.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zi76 wrote: »
    No, no, I know perfectly well about the timing bug, but I don't consider that a bug. If it starts charging before you're out of range, you deserve to die. I'm talking about hanging out that distance away while waiting for some team members to respawn (such as when wanting to ensure getting the optional against the unimatrixes, so you wait for some team members to respawn). I don't have a screenshot of it, but two nights ago, I was waiting for some team members to respawn and I was 17km away from the unimatrix. It charged and lanced me from that distance.

I'm fine with the lances preventing you from pet spamming them, but I'm not fine with getting lanced out of range (I wasn't in range before they charged). I don't use a carrier, so I don't do the pet spam thing in the first place.

Next time it happens, I'll remember to take a screenshot.

yeah please do :)
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    its an stf that can be finished under 4 minutes, the lance firing ships can be killed before they become too much of a problem
    jFriX.png
    edited October 2013
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    its an stf that can be finished under 4 minutes, the lance firing ships can be killed before they become too much of a problem

While that's true, not every team can produce that much dps.

I have to admit that it is a bit hypocritical that I argued against the Crystalline Event being broken with the mirror ship spawns because my premades shrugged off the mirror ships, but I argue that HOE is broken because my groups sometimes encounter issues with bugged lances.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just did the normal version of this for the first time tonight. It's broken there too. I was killed, respawned, and as soon as I engaged impulse engines, I was hit by a lance and killed again. From the respawn point. However, I have to disagree with the suggestion to lower the damage of the plasma torps. They are killable, they just are something else to worry about. I killed three before they hit me, so it's doable.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I once ran with 2 other 10K dps BFAW ships. Very trivialized that 2nd last stage in the fight where we parked right on top of the Queen and just broadsided everything, taking care to blast HYTs as they emerged.

After that, the queen just melted under 2 Thalaron pulses and one tac buffed Lance of my own. :cool:

No such luck on ground yet. I'm stuck on phase 2 when there's elite tac dudes when the Queen joins the party just as my buffs are all on cooldown. :/

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I am having trouble with the Hive as well every time we get near to distory The V'ger Ship two everyone gets blown up then it goes 100% its imposable to beat this never happen before can you guys fix it
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • belkin222belkin222 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dear Cryptic;

I am writing this as a formal complaint about an STF called "Hive Onslaught (Elite)", Me and many other players believe that the overall STF needs a complete overhaul in how it spans out though out the mission.

The first part of the mission is fine, it's just the part where we have to fight the lance weapons is when things go from fun to absolute brokenness in an instant.

This part does not work at all for these reasons:

-the lance weapons fire these slow moving plasma blots which can do 100000 damage insta-killing anything it hits.

-The cannons fire regardless of whenever you manage to get within 5km of the guns in time before they fully charge.

And if we somehow manage to get pass that part, the Hive Queen does way too much damage for her own good.

If this STF is to work there are going to have to be some changes;

-Get rid of the slow plasma bolt of death altogether OR re-do it so that it doesn't do 100000 damage but instead make it 8000 damage with and ability to put all powers on cooldown for 15seconds.

-fix the Lance weapons so that they have a reasonably small firing arc and ether cancels it's charge up if there are no players in their arc or to pick a different target if the is one.

-Lower the Hive Queen's damage output and crit' chance enough so that she can be a challenge but not able to take out everyone with ease.

I hope you'll read this and fix the STF as soon as possible.

With hopeful confidence, MarcThe000001

P.S: I wrote this complain in the forums so that people who have had the same problem can also address this too.

Well might few ways to over come first deploy fighter keep own starship far away let the ways keep coming. Simple put just keep the waves coming entile destroy. They can not hit the ship out range. As for cloak though one time fire while cloak advance enough sadly it able pick cloak ship fire distance while cloak might still provide protect need.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My team kept on getting one-shotted by the B'gers torpedo spreads. Not fun.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All I ever get from that TRIBBLE mission is the lances and trash constantly tractoring, shield draining, lancing, beam arraying, and torpedoing me to death (and not the high yield torpedo either). I have been lanced before making it to the queen position as well while cloaked. And even sitting with the queen simply causes massive trash mobs at a constant rate and constant spam fire from the two weapon platforms to the point of no return. It is definitely not for a weak pug that doesn't have good dps and CC! :mad:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://imageshack.com/a/img513/170/wu44.jpg

As you can see in the above screen, I'm still getting lanced next to the queen.

:rolleyes:

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Happened to me too! First time Ive played it, stayed 3k from queen and still got lanced, it was so painful to play, eveyone left in the end, I dont think I'll play that map again :(
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whats you problem? Getting 1 hitted at 15km+ range isnt fun to you ?

Thats you own fault. Now you know how the borgs feel. Lossing their queen 50 times a day getting attacked just because they come for a visit. All those poor little npc drones and its guys like you that keep killing them even if they are just chilling maybe timetravel a bit harmless stuff like that. Be ashamed all you bad bad borg hunters. The lance is just there to let thr player feel what all the npcs feel being killed without any fighting chance . All they get from you guys is a hard space bar spam. Shame on you.