test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fast way to grind ec ?

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
well i need over 5 mil of them. So any advice ? except selling contraband.
Post edited by czertik123 on

Comments

• comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Muitiple toons doing Farm 102 every day.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    farm 102 ?
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    He meant Luth's EC farm, the best one. :cool:

You can get 500-700k EC a day per captain from these foundry missions
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With the new foundary updates a lot of the fondary missions don't give dill any more but are still a good source of EC. Loot-o-matic is a good farming mission while Admiral BoBo gos to war is a funny take on the farmer mission.
    The thing to remember is the devs dont want us making to much EC, so then we can buy fleet modules etc on the exchange rather than buying with real money.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, they nerf EC income through foundry then do it again through tour the universe. Naturally the deflation means exchange prices skyrocket.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited October 2013
    litchy74 wrote: »
    With the new foundary updates a lot of the fondary missions don't give dill any more but are still a good source of EC. Loot-o-matic is a good farming mission while Admiral BoBo gos to war is a funny take on the farmer mission.
    The thing to remember is the devs dont want us making to much EC, so then we can buy fleet modules etc on the exchange rather than buying with real money.

why is this?

those modules were bought by someone with zen no matter what..

i dont think the devs care..

its the Dilithium devs dont want us to get easy. since you can turn it into zen.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    why is this?

those modules were bought by someone with zen no matter what..

i dont think the devs care..

its the Dilithium devs dont want us to get easy. since you can turn it into zen.

Dil's super easy to get, much easier than EC, in fact. The more dilithium there exists in the game, the higher the dil exchange goes, which causes people to be more likely to buy extra zen to convert into dil because there's a higher exchange rate.

FSMs have increased in price as well, which is good for all sellers and everyone involved (read: Cryptic).
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zi76 wrote: »
    Dil's super easy to get, much easier than EC, in fact. The more dilithium there exists in the game, the higher the dil exchange goes, which causes people to be more likely to buy extra zen to convert into dil because there's a higher exchange rate.

FSMs have increased in price as well, which is good for all sellers and everyone involved (read: Cryptic).

More dil means higher price?

Let's see what this Wiki has to say about that:
    3.If demand remains unchanged and supply increases, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.

:rolleyes:
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stoutes wrote: »

3.If demand remains unchanged and supply increases, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.

Ah, but you're assuming that the demand curve hasn't changed. :rolleyes: The Crystalline Event has caused an increase in supply, but it's also caused an accompanying increase in demand because of increased available dil.

That would be where you're mistaken here. For all of the "casual" players who don't get the 8k (8.5k if you count the dil mine doff mission, and the vast majority of casual players aren't going to count for the veteran refiner) dil on toons each day, the Crystalline event provided them with 50k dil on possibly multiple toons that can now be converted into zen. Of course, given that it's not an immediate 50k dil on each toon, as it's really only about 3.5k dil for the 14 days, plus it takes time to refine it, the dil exchange won't move immediately and it probably won't increase by a huge amount, but there will be a definite increase.

Let's say that your casual player rarely has enough dil to convert to meaningful amounts of zen. Well, all of a sudden, once it's refined, they'll have a significant amount of dil to convert into zen, which has now increased the demand for zen. Now that there's a significant increase in the amount of available dil with which to purchase zen (even though it'll take time to be able to refine it all), a corresponding increase in the price of zen will occur. I'm not saying that this will cause the price of zen to increase by 100 dil or anything, but it could easily be a 15-30 dil increase. The players who get 8k dil per day normally won't be affected by the increase in unrefined dil. You know what it means for me? It just means that there are more days that I can take off from dil grinding if I so chose. It doesn't increase my available amount of refined dil at all as I'm already refining 8.5k per day that was already ground in the past. There are plenty of players who don't get 8.5k per day on all of their toons, such as myself, so it will cause an available amount of refined dil there. The primary increase in available dil is for the "casual" player.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    There is no increase in demand for dilithium, there is just more people buying zen so the lower prices sell off and the price then increases. And if you look at the offers often there is actualy less zen for sale than before the event because some of those people buying dilithium are not right now because they have more from the event where they dont need to spend $5 for what they want.

FSM demand/price is up because of the Avenger. Good for sellars now but it will drop when they start flooding the market with FSM's.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kerrat is good for that if you're good with occasional pvp ambushes
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    looked for mission called farm 102 didt finded it.

And one name i catchech is loot-o-matic - any otehr names for foundry missions whcih earn nice ec for you ?
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    looked for mission called farm 102 didt finded it.

And one name i catchech is loot-o-matic - any otehr names for foundry missions whcih earn nice ec for you ?

Just use Loot-O-Matic, you don't get a dill reward anymore but I usually hit my loot cap on wave 20 of the second map, don't forget it resets at midnight GMT. So no point doing it more than once a day. Average return if selling all the loot to a vendor is 600,000 EC, sometimes you get something special which then goes on the exchange.;)
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    well i need over 5 mil of them. So any advice ? except selling contraband.

Want it fast and got real world money? About $6.25 to buy 5 Lockbox keys, sell them on the Exchange for at least 1M EC = 5M EC.

Otherwise, Foundry missions, Episode replays for items that are Bind on Equip, grind for Dilithium to buy Lockbox keys and put those on the Exchange.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stoutes wrote: »

Supply and demand only works in a real economy, a arbitrary economy like a game has no real properties to it. Lets say you dont sell your fruit in a real economy at $1 a piece. If you dont sell them, they rot and you lose their value.

But in STO you dont sell marion for 29million, he just goes back to your bank and you get to try to sell him again later with no degradation to his quality. So who cares that you dont sell him, you still have a perfect item but no impedious to sell him until you get the price you want.....If you dont get the price you want, unlike in a real economy, then he can sit taking up a space you have with no cost to you....