test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scimitar and Singularity questions

giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
So I've been flying the Tac Scimi for a while now as an Engineer and recently I started wondering about a few things.

First, when the Drone ships mimic an enemies weapon type, is it only visual or does it copy the proc too? Like if It starts using Disruptors do they have a chance to apply the disruptor dmg resistance debuff? Also not just for the drones, but in general are pets affected by your Tac consoles?

Next, lets say on average my Thalaron Pulse does around 45k base damage, does anyone know if thats more or less than firing 4 Dual Heavy cannons and 2 turrets for 12 seconds? Dont tell me to not use the Thalaron Pulse because I dont care, it just looks too awesome to not use, and I get some nice crits with it pretty often so its not completely useless. Besides I love hitting Donatra with it too much.

Now an equipment question: Im currently using the Romulan Zero-Point Universal console with the Hyper-Plasma torpedo launcher. The crit bonus and the 2 piece bonus to plasma dmg is nice, but im wondering if its more worth it to use a normal Plasma Torpedo and either a Shield Generator console or an extra Tac console?

Now, does anyone know if Warp Shadow is influenced by the Treat Generation skill? Im debating removing points from that skill to put some where else, but if it helps Warp Shadow then im going to leave it since that ability is the most useful Singularity ability in STFs.

And a little bonus question that I just thought of: what do you guys think is better? Romulan Plasma weapons, or Nanite Disruptors? (Probably should have asked before I bought 2 Romulan Dual Heavy cannons, but oh well).

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    jaguarman1234jaguarman1234 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I fly the Mk XII Romulan Plasma myself on 2 characters, will be 3 then 4 and so forth, unless the new rep system weapons are too good to pass on that is. As far as damage numbers, I can't really say one way or the other, I personally don't use the thalaron pulse (I drop the Cloaked Barrage Console) as the extra console using say 4-5 tac consoles, the borg and the romulan consoles, and the valdore console. There are so many things that can help you do more effect than the Thalaron weapon as well. I'm working on an exotic damage Tulwar, but that is still a ways away. Remember that 12 second lockout also blocks you from protecting yourself so I've found it makes you a liability in STFs, especially on elites.
  • Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, here goes.

I don't think the drones gain the proc of the weapon they're mimicking, just the visual effect.

Firing all your weapons (with abilities) will do more damage in that 12 seconds than the thalaron's initial blast. However, the DoT will be effected by whatever attack patterns and such are reducing the targets defense. I find it satisfying to fire off the thalaron weapon, then throw every single thing i have at it (while moving into point blank range, more or less). Things like gates will barely last half a minute under that barrage.

Console wise I've eventually dropped the Borg and romulan ones. I opted for 5 tac consoles, plasmonic leach, valdore console and the scimitar's 3 piece set. The drop in crit chance really wasn't noticeable when running the 5 tac consoles (3 are Mk XII, 2 are Mk XI - am getting there slowly). Weaponry, i started off with disruptors, but moved to plasma to utilise the quad plasmas (fed rom here you see). Since i dropped the Borg console, i use the omega torp and cutting beam combo. Torp's handy for the fast kinetic hitting, only use torp spread for multiple targets.

I believe threat generation does interfere with warp signature, so I'd drop the points there and stick them somewhere else.

And the bonus question... Now this is personal preference for me, but I'd say it would depend on your allegiance. If you're fee, go for plasma. Disruptor for Klingons. Why? Quad cannons. On the scimitar, it can act as your main shield healing (apart from 2 RSPs for tanking times, i don't have any boff shield heals at all). Intact I've been wondering about running both quads on a Klingon one, purely to see how the proc rate is. However, if you're set on not using quads then disruptor is probably the better bet.

TL;DR
    Drones don't proc.
    Guns do more damage than main thalaron blast.
    Tac consoles over rep consoles. Valdore's a must.
    Ditch threat generation.
    Disruptor is better.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II