test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Displaying tricorders on hip

matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I think it would be neat if our players/BOFFs would display tricorders on their hip opposite their weapons, like in the show. Or at least the option to display them. Thanks for your time :D:cool::P
Post edited by matthian1701 on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some of the Romulan Belts contain a tricorder so it makes sense that the other factions have something similar to.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know that some people have been asking for one of the Romulan chest gears (Satra's Medical Bag, I think) for Fed characters and BOffs as a 'TOS Tricorder'...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I approve of more visible gear options both the Fed and the KDF side. If they can keep from being clipping nightmares, I fully endorse this idea!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kits on Fed side kinda do that, but past Mk II or so they kinda stop being "tricorder on a belt" and more... excessive. Big backpacks, extra belts and straps, pieces of additional armor that don't really do anything, holographic doohickeys...

Klingons don't get anything like that, though. Not even a proper holster for one's disruptor pistols or d'k tahg.
  • radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Id say it is time for Starfleet corps of engineers get their hands dirty and develop a new compact wrist attached tricorder with holographic screen popping out to show complex scan results. This new device should also contain small transporter and buffer to store weapons and such so that when you need your weapon, you just press a button on your wrist device and it beams that weapon to your hand.

This device would also be used for triggering abilities so that there is no more odd visual effects but small drones (Like flashlight) that come from transporter buffer and go install mine barriers, build turrets, apply team heals and buffs, attack enemies or apply aoe damage and stuff.

Now that what i woukd call neat.
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it'd be neat if tricroders were an actual item you could equip, with various stats and what not. I'd rather have those than kits, which look mostly awful IMO.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Honestly now, how many people ACTUALLY have the visuals for kits and armor turned on?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Yes, there's some there... But the main reason most people don't use the visuals? Who wants to spend half an hour in the Tailor getting your uniform JUST right... and then cover it up with some goofy thing that looks like a diver's wetsuit and a bunch of stuff that makes you look like Techno-Bill...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Honestly now, how many people ACTUALLY have the visuals for kits and armor turned on?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Yes, there's some there... But the main reason most people don't use the visuals? Who wants to spend half an hour in the Tailor getting your uniform JUST right... and then cover it up with some goofy thing that looks like a diver's wetsuit and a bunch of stuff that makes you look like Techno-Bill...

The "diver's wetsuit" is armor visuals, not kit visuals. In all honestly though, science kit visuals look very nice, even at high levels. Their holographic shoulder style has a very fine look on the "All Good Things..." uniform. As for engineering, most of their kit visuals are bulky, they take up far too much of the uniform. Tactical officers have decent visuals with Security protocols, but the other kit visuals aren't really appealing.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Instead of just showing the tricorders, why not make them more useful. I was on a map the other day with a heavy mist on it, and i could not find 2 of the things to scan anywhere inside or just outside the circled area. Having the tricorders point in the direction of the next scan item would be nice, and canon as well....
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Yeah, weapons are the only visual I have turned on on my characters. The rest is just plain ridiculous.