test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

From Gold to Silver?

crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
I know the silver members have fewer of everything, but if I were to stop paying a monthly subscription, what would I lose and what would I retain?

For example, if I have 72 inventory slots as a gold member, and they are all full... what happens to the extra items once the subscription ends? Or do the 72 slots remain?

Just wondering... Thanks in advance for the help!

CM
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
Post edited by crm14916 on

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix

and you should keep you slots if i recall right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • cybermuddcybermudd Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You will retain all inventory slots. However, your EC cap will go to 10m. You will not earn any extra EC until you purchase the EC cap from the C-Store or drop below 10m.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I had seen the difference matrix, but it is vague in spots about what is lost and what is kept; hence the opening question.

So, it sounds as if the cap gets reduced, but the inventory slots stay... what about the Account Shared, character slots, dilithium refinement caps, etc?

Thanks again!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • sheppardussheppardus Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Character slots and account bank will stay along with Extra bank slots and inventory slots, being able to refine more dilithium will be lost I believe
  • codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I never bothered with the extra dil refinement, but the rest I can confirm.
  • viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sheppardus wrote: »
    Character slots and account bank will stay along with Extra bank slots and inventory slots, being able to refine more dilithium will be lost I believe

i can also confirm this, although if you were subbed for 800 days you still get to refine the extra 1000 dilithium every 2 days as it's an' 800 day vet reward.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Basically, the only things you lose out on are your Zen stipend (not worth $15/month) and the EC cap (which can be raised again through the C-Store), as well as auto-refining in case you actually use that feature. Your Veteran rewards counter also stops while unsubscribed (but you keep any and all earned rewards) and any characters created/leveled after you stop your subscription don't gain the subscription benefits until you re-subscribe.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not much. Gold is worth it for one month to permanently unlock all your bag slots but once acquired, they stay for good. After that gold is kind of pointless. Do a one time purchase to raise your credits limit and you will hardly tell the difference. Bear in mind you're limited to 3 char slots with free but any additional ones you made under gold get grandfathered in. Make them before you switch.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks all for your comments... Just getting to the point where money spent could have been invested into a lifetime sub...

:)