test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who would you pick for your Command Crew if....

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Ten Forward
If your the Captain of one of the newest Starships in the Federation Fleet, and you could pick anyone of the main people from Trek. Who would you pick as your Command crew to your ship? You can pick from TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY or ENT.

Your the Captain, so if you pick a Captain from the show, they will be your #1 on your ship.

So lets hear you picks?
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kirk becomes my first officer because he'll go against my orders and come out miraculously unscathed no matter how dumb I am.

Scotty becomes my Chief Engineer because he's a Miracle Worker.

Odo becomes my Chief of Security because he never got his TRIBBLE kicked as much as Worf did on the show, plus he's a changeling. C'mon. How cool is that?

Data becomes my Chief Science Officer, because he's Data.

Chekov becomes Chief Operations Officer, if only because I get to hear him say "Wessel" on a regular basis.

Dr. Bashir becomes my Chief Medical Officer because he's shown to be the most competent in any of the shows.

And Tuvok becomes my Chief Tactical Officer because he's more or less shown he's a badass.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Janeway Tuvok Scotty The Doctor Odo Ezri Dax and last Hoshi Sato
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    Scotty becomes my Chief Engineer because he's a Miracle Worker.

that only because he tell you its going to take longer then it really is lol :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    #1 - Seven of Nine
    Chief Engineer - Scotty - O'Brien being the runner up.
    Chief Medical Officer - Bashir
    Tactical officer - Reed - Not having Worf due to the Worf Effect trope :)
    Helm - Sulu
    Science Officer - Spock
    Communications - Ezri Dax - She might be good at it, you never know.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well

-bones for medical
    -odo security
    -jadzia dax science
    -data engineering
    -o'brian operations
    -tuvok tactical
    -paris con
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »

That's called job security. Cryptic should take a cue from Scotty and give a release date 2 weeks longer than they intend to release it.

Then release it early to show how awesome they are.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Me - The Captain

Data - my Number 1

The Doctor - Ship Doctor

Tom Paris - Conn

Warf - Security Chief

Miles O'brien - Chief Engineer

Tuvok - Tactical

7 of 9 - science officer
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What makes this hard is the changes in some positions throughout the series, Navigator and Helm in TOS became Conn in TNG, while Communications was folded into Operations; DS9 had Wolf as Tactical on Defiant but Odo was station constable and then at one point they also had a Starfleet Chief of Security on board in addition to Odo; Spock served as First Officer and Science Officer, but later First Officers didn't wear two hats (which is actually closer to the modern navy), but half the time instead of serving as the Captain's information filter ala the modern navy, Ops and Tac did that... So we kind of not only have to decide who we want on our command staff, but what kind of reference we're using... I'm going to go based roughly on the make-up of the TNG senior staff...

Myself as Captain, of course...

Riker gets to be 2-in-C.

Hm... I want Captain Scott down in Engineering.

Paris can fly the ship...

Reed would be my choice for 'Tac'.

Data as Science Officer (yes, not Ops, Science.)

Bashir as Chief Medical Officer (I always like the interplay between him and Data on the couple of occasions when the two were in an episode together.)

Captain, XO, Ch-Eng, Tac, CMO, Science, what's that leave?
    Ops/Commo - Sato or Uhura would be the obvious answers, but I'm not sure I want them. Maybe give O'Brien a promotion or put him there as a senior NCO?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    That's called job security. Cryptic should take a cue from Scotty and give a release date 2 weeks longer than they intend to release it.

Then release it early to show how awesome they are.

oh i sooo should make this post my sig !!!!!!!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited October 2013
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    ... pick anyone of the main people from Trek. ...

ah, you tie our hands! So many interesting choices once you consider all players. For examples:

First Officer: Gary Mitchell. NOBODY, short of a Q, will stand in your way. (of course, you'll need to talk to Q first, get Gary bent to your will)

Engineering: Flint. "I developed a way to increase warp efficiency by 6%...while I was composing a new Brahms lullaby...over breakfast."

Medical: Arik Soong. "Feeling better now? Of course you are. I made some modifications, you see..."

see what I mean? :D
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    If your the Captain of one of the newest Starships in the Federation Fleet, and you could pick anyone of the main people from Trek. Who would you pick as your Command crew to your ship? You can pick from TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY or ENT.

Your the Captain, so if you pick a Captain from the show, they will be your #1 on your ship.

So lets hear you picks?

Why only the finest crew of cats in Star Fleet! From that famous ship, the USS Kittyprize! Flagship of the "United Federation of Cats" =^.^=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksiRqrmXrjw

Captain: James T Cat
    First Officer: Mr. Spot
    Helm: Mr Mew Wu
    Chief Eng.: Montgomery Scottish-Fold
    Chief Med. Officer: Dr. Leonard McCat
    Comm. Officer: Lt. Mewhura

Some day I will have to share with you how Cat cheated on the Kittiashi Meow, while at the Academy. :3
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Characters that I have never seen before. Would go with a Medusan for the Navigator and find some place on my crew for Exocomps and Horta. Would have a Joined Trill for First Officer. An Android for Chief Security Officer. A Hologram for Chief Medical Officer due to them not requiring surgical tools. If a Hologram can grasp a human heart, then they can do delicate non-invasive surgery. The only human on the ship would be me. Of course, there would be hot alien babes on the ship including a few Orion females and one Liberated Borg Orion female. If you want to keep your sanity, I suggest staying as far away from a Liberated Borg Orion female as possible.

I heard about that Kittiashi Meow incident. Apparently it involved catnip, cat litter, and a goat. I am not entirely sure how the goat was involved.