test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Avenger Class Design - the Saucer is way to long-forward.

davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
okay. first: the hull of the ship looks nice, as the texture does. but wtf the saucer doesnt fit the overall design at all! egg-shape saucer only fits to a flattened ship (sovereign, vesta, oddy, a ship thats definetely more long than high, without a definite neck)

the saucer should be made "shorter" eggform. more like the novas (when viewed from above) the long-egg-shape completely breaks the "bulk" design. somehow the ships looks nice from above, bud sideways or lower- to- top view is ugly. sry i dont want to hurt the designers. but PLEASE just make the saucer more short-egg-shaped. its a minor change and would do a LOT to the overall design. more snubby somehow. otherwise it looks terrible really. MANY many ppl think this way.
Post edited by davideight on

Comments

• Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The saucer is the only portion of the model that I find pleasing. I don't think this thing is going on my ship list unless there are some different aperance options.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The saucer is the only portion of the model that I find pleasing. I don't think this thing is going on my ship list unless there are some different aperance options.

im not saying the saucer is ugly. i say saucer and hull dont fit together. id like the saucers as a vesta variant ...

its like having a back of a beetle with a front of a dodge viper. its just a design break if tthe hull is all bulky and rather high and suddenly the saucer runs away to the front.

and while i really like the idea of reinforced pylons, but 4 floors thick? halfen that and its still massive and durable.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I don't much like the looks of it either. But that's ok. Not everything in the game has to appeal to me personally. There'll be someone else who will like it.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    never been sold on the swept forward pylons myself, i use the imperial skin from time to time, but always use the soverign pylons

I very much hope the avenger has the ability to use the soverign skins, like the Regent can
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You know people are bored when they get upset over a ship saucer.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For goodness heaven's sake, make the ship any shorter and it looks like a Borg cube.:eek:
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    adverbero wrote: »
    never been sold on the swept forward pylons myself, i use the imperial skin from time to time, but always use the soverign pylons

I very much hope the avenger has the ability to use the soverign skins, like the Regent can

It's not a variant on the Assault Cruiser, so it won't.

Also, first people want the USS Vengeance in the game, then they complain that what they're getting doesn't look right/good.

I mean really.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There are people that find the Sovereign ugly.

There are people that like the design of Odyssey.

There are people that hate forehead-ridged Romulans (and vice-versa).

It's all subjective people. Some will not like this ship, but I think most will.

We all love/hate different things and will have strong opinions but sometimes differences and going outside the box is healthy for debate and advancing new ideas.

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The saucer is the only thing stopping me from calling it the stubby mc-manlet class.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love it!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!