test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Autofiring" Abilities and Buffs

the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
Can I set my abilities such as spread or attack pattern omega to be used automatically when they're available? If so, how do I do it?
Post edited by the7thof9 on

Comments

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As far as I can tell in the keybinds you can just set things to fire with a certain key. How do I actually set them to autofire, where is the actual setting for that?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't know about abilities, but weapons can be set to auto-fire by right-clicking them.

Maybe abilities work the same?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited October 2013
    Tried that many a time.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can't automate the process entirely. bones1970's keybind link is the closest you can get, effectively piling lots of things onto a single button that you mash constantly.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I must admit.. Been on since launch.. still have never used key binds (except space bar tied to fire all weapons lol) Never really had much problem sequencing my abilities via mouse use though..
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I've been here for two years, and have resisted using keybinds until now.

They do make a difference, if anything for keeping my shields optimized. My overall dps is enhanced merely by being alive longer, and focused on the enemy.

I am not using keybinds with attack patterns; i'm generally skilled enough to realize they can be used to best effect when planned for as opposed to spamming them.
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the7thof9 wrote: »
    Can I set my abilities such as spread or attack pattern omega to be used automatically when they're available? If so, how do I do it?

no, you can't.
    You can set your weapon to autofire, but you can only bind your abilities to some keys. If you want to use them automatically, you can simply push the associated key "ad infinitum" but is not a good idea because you can activate the ability when you are not ready or you do not need it and have it on CD when you will need it. So, use keybind but learn to activate abilities exactaly when you need them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    autofiring (without macro) doesn't seem to work properly with mine dispersal (without any pattern). It works for a while, and then suddenly it stops.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only thing you can do is to use a gaming keyboard like the G19.
    Bridger.png
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The keybind technique works just well. I bind about 10 keys, dist_shields and sometimes fire_all to my spacebar.

That's why we binders call it the spambar.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bind it all to one key and then use one of these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OkKhkJiJyo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    How can I bind a second row to space bar as well?
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And is there any way to set "autofire all weapons" so I hit the spacebar once and don't have to keep spamming it?
    edited October 2013
    Go into your control settings and change the autofire setting to target change cancels. After that, right click on the weapons n your tray. If you use the spacebar keybind you have to keep hitting it.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Macros are useful because sometimes when I'm hitting all the attack patterns and rapid fire/tac team/high yield borg torp all at once the game seems to "forget" I hit one of them, flashes for a moment, then fails to go off. So I have to backtrack and hit it "again". It messes with my chi because it delays the firing of my cannons and the clock is ticking on those buffs.