test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for something new

asdlfefasdlfef Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Hey everyone. I've been playing STO for a few months now and joined the first fleet that asked me in. While the guys who are active are fun and I enjoy playing with them, the fleet itself is tiny and activity is dwindling. I'm looking to find a new fleet that focuses on the social aspect of the game and plays missions together. I'm not looking for one of those fleets that has crazy requirements for how often/when someone is online or what I can or can't put on my ship, just a fun group I can hang out with. If you are that kind of fleet let me know!

Just some preferences:

Prefer limited to no role playing
I am on eastern standard time
Post edited by asdlfef on

Comments

• Options
    android2400android2400 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Greetings asdlfef,

My friend and I, have a fleet that meets your expectations perfectly. We are not a restrictive fleet and we don't care about your starship layout. We don't role play ourselves. If you want to communicate further with us, please feel free to log on our Teamspeak 3 server:

atheistsunited.teamspeak3.com:4503

Password: l0g1c82

One more thing I should mention, it is just him and I in the fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey Cryptic/Perfect World, you want a successful game and be venerated for Star Trek Online? Then make the game with more fun, instead of making the game with more greed.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hello asdlfef,

I just wanted to inform you, that my proposal, still stands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey Cryptic/Perfect World, you want a successful game and be venerated for Star Trek Online? Then make the game with more fun, instead of making the game with more greed.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Android, I appreciate the offer! I'll keep you guys in mind, but I'm thinking I'm leaning towards a fleet that is a little larger at this time. if that changes I will be sure to hit you up!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    asdlfef wrote: »
    Android, I appreciate the offer! I'll keep you guys in mind, but I'm thinking I'm leaning towards a fleet that is a little larger at this time. if that changes I will be sure to hit you up!

You are very welcome and I hope you find a fleet, that suits your needs. Farewell my friend. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dear Asdlfef,

I would like to throw our fleet as one of your choices. We are Liberty Task Force at www.libertytaskforce.com. We are an 18+ Tier IV fleet (Embassy/Dilithium Mine fully completed) with mature members that still know how to have fun. We are a very community based fleet and every member of the fleet has a voice. Because we are very community based registration through our website is required now to join but TeamSpeak 3 is still optional, though we do encourage its use.

We usually have enough players on to fill at least two STF's at any given time, we've also been known to fill a 20 man Fleet Action just by ourselves. If you do decide to join us you come to us at a very exciting time, we just restructured the fleet and ranking system to make for a better gaming experience. There are no true times you need to be on but we do ask our members to log into the game at least once every 60 days to know that you still play the game and are interested in the fleet. We feel this is both fair and reasonable. We are starting to setup a role-play section as well as PvP for those interested but neither is required if you're not into that. Promotions in the fleet are based on total contributions to holdings and access to all provisions stores starts at just 100,000 total contributions.

Be sure to visit our site and check our www.libertytaskforce.com/aboutus page to get to know more about what we stand for. Again, our fleet is only 5 months old so that should give you an idea of the organization level of this fleet. We have so much more planned for this fleet. We also have a KDF fleet with a cross faction chat. No we don't care what ship you fly or what you put in it. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me directly at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com and/or friend me in-game at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames. Take care and hope to see you in space!

Beat Regards,
    -Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    willvoy74willvoy74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Epsilon Force is always looking for new members. We're not a big fleet, but we're growing and if you see us online you're always welcome to ask for help with missions. You'll find most of our staff online playing together and our only restrictions are:
    1. Contribute what you can to the Fleet projects if you can.
    2. Have fun!

We don't mind when you're online, afterall we have real lives out of game. :) Get in contact with me on here or in game @willvoy74 if you're interested and remember to have fun in the game. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fleet Executive Officer
    Epsilon Force
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    Hey everyone. I've been playing STO for a few months now and joined the first fleet that asked me in. While the guys who are active are fun and I enjoy playing with them, the fleet itself is tiny and activity is dwindling. I'm looking to find a new fleet that focuses on the social aspect of the game and plays missions together. I'm not looking for one of those fleets that has crazy requirements for how often/when someone is online or what I can or can't put on my ship, just a fun group I can hang out with. If you are that kind of fleet let me know!

Just some preferences:

Prefer limited to no role playing
    I am on eastern standard time

Ok. We are:
    T5 Starbase and Shipyard
    T4 Science and engineering (halfway to T5)
    T3 Embassy
    T2/3 mine, it's currently in the waiting phase of the upgrade. 7 days to go.
    400+ members, half of which I could probably name off the top of my head. Everyone matters to us.

A lot of our players are US (all areas 1 leader specifically east coast) but we have many others throughout Europe and Asia and we all speak English as either a first or good second language.

Our only requirement is you need to earn 200k worth of fleet credits through contributions to be able to buy from the store per character. You keep access forever, there is no ongoing commitment though we don't expect you to just do the 200k and never contribute ever again.

We generally fly as a fleet and get fleet members involved in missions and helping each other. A member of our fleet set up the largest STF channel currently and most of the mods are from our fleet. Our PvP team has declined a bit but we still have a small bought of just for fun pew pew every now and then.

We have many very experienced players who can help you get the best out of your build or if you want to use certain things for fun, help refine it to keep the fun while not giving up being useful to the team.

Send a mail to @bpharma for an invite, chat or just to get to know us before taking the plunge. I won't say it's a commitment to join our fleet but given that few people ever leave you probably won't join another fleet unless we're not what you were looking for initially.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You might want to take a look at UFP, our website can be found HERE and our thread on these forums can be found HERE.

I'll give you a few bullet points as to what we offer members if you would like to know more please feel free to get in touch.
    • 5 in-game fleets and support for each playable faction.
    • Top tier starbase.
    • An elite group dedicated to STFs and PvP.
    • More than a dozen dedicated event officers covering all major time zones.
    • Daily hosted events and regular events with other fleets.
    • Game guides for members of all experience levels.
    • We have our own website, forum, mobile app, team speak server and game servers.
    • We self publish our own Star Trek magazine featuring exclusive interviews with the Star Trek Online developers.
    • In partnership with Activision and CBS we also have a multi-game digital publishing deal allowing us to provide all members with FREE and completely legal copies of Elite Force Holomatch and RPG-X.
    • More than 10 years experience in the field of Star Trek gaming.
    • Over 800 active members representing more than 40 different nationalities.
    • In addition to Star Trek Online we also actively support the Star Trek Armada series, Star Trek Bridge Commander and the Star Trek Elite Force series.
    • We were also voted one of the top 100 clans in the world a few years back, the only Star Trek gaming clan featured in the list I might add, again though it is subjective.
    • Annual 'real world' meet up events.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    willvoy74 wrote: »
    Epsilon Force is always looking for new members. We're not a big fleet, but we're growing and if you see us online you're always welcome to ask for help with missions. You'll find most of our staff online playing together and our only restrictions are:
    1. Contribute what you can to the Fleet projects if you can.
    2. Have fun!

We don't mind when you're online, afterall we have real lives out of game. :) Get in contact with me on here or in game @willvoy74 if you're interested and remember to have fun in the game. :)

Do you have a forum or other way to socialize outside of in game chat? How big is your fleet?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    You might want to take a look at UFP, our website can be found HERE and our thread on these forums can be found HERE.

I'll give you a few bullet points as to what we offer members if you would like to know more please feel free to get in touch.
    • Top tier starbase.
    • We have our own website, forum, mobile app, team speak server and game servers.
    • We self publish our own Star Trek magazine featuring exclusive interviews with the Star Trek Online developers.
    • In partnership with Activision and CBS we also have a multi-game digital publishing deal allowing us to provide all members with FREE and completely legal copies of Elite Force Holomatch and RPG-X.
    • In addition to Star Trek Online we also actively support the Star Trek Armada series, Star Trek Bridge Commander and the Star Trek Elite Force series.
    • We were also voted one of the top 100 clans in the world a few years back, the only Star Trek gaming clan featured in the list I might add, again though it is subjective.

Do you have a forum/website I can check out? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dear Asdlfef,

I would like to throw our fleet as one of your choices. We are Liberty Task Force at www.libertytaskforce.com. We are an 18+ Tier IV fleet (Embassy/Dilithium Mine fully completed) with mature members that still know how to have fun. We are a very community based fleet and every member of the fleet has a voice. Because we are very community based registration through our website is required now to join but TeamSpeak 3 is still optional, though we do encourage its use.

We usually have enough players on to fill at least two STF's at any given time, we've also been known to fill a 20 man Fleet Action just by ourselves. If you do decide to join us you come to us at a very exciting time, we just restructured the fleet and ranking system to make for a better gaming experience. There are no true times you need to be on but we do ask our members to log into the game at least once every 60 days to know that you still play the game and are interested in the fleet. We feel this is both fair and reasonable. We are starting to setup a role-play section as well as PvP for those interested but neither is required if you're not into that. Promotions in the fleet are based on total contributions to holdings and access to all provisions stores starts at just 100,000 total contributions.

Be sure to visit our site and check our www.libertytaskforce.com/aboutus page to get to know more about what we stand for. Again, our fleet is only 5 months old so that should give you an idea of the organization level of this fleet. We have so much more planned for this fleet. We also have a KDF fleet with a cross faction chat. No we don't care what ship you fly or what you put in it. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me directly at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com and/or friend me in-game at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames. Take care and hope to see you in space!

Beat Regards,
    -Grayfox

Thanks! I'm checking out your forum now!
  • Options
    edited October 2013

• Top tier starbase.

Thanks! I'm checking out your forum now!
  • Options
    edited October 2013

• Top tier starbase.

How can any fleet, conquer these extraordinary statistics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How can any fleet, conquer these extraordinary statistics?

I'm not going to go for false modesty and downplay the fact that this group has achieved some incredible things, things that we are very proud of but ultimately different people want different things out of membership from a fleet and I've always maintained that you don't just have to find the right fleet for the player but also the right player for the fleet, a bad match helps neither.

We won't be the right choice for everyone and in return they won't always be the right choice for us but going back to the quote, yes it is a good list of achievements :D
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm not going to go for false modesty and downplay the fact that this group has achieved some incredible things, things that we are very proud of but ultimately different people want different things out of membership from a fleet and I've always maintained that you don't just have to find the right fleet for the player but also the right player for the fleet, a bad match helps neither. We won't be the right choice for everyone and in return they won't always be the right choice for us

When I had taken the oath of being a fleet starter and fleet founder, I understood that varation existed in people's interests; however, I do respect your outspokenness.

but going back to the quote, yes it is a good list of achievements :D

Yes, it is a catalogue that has a lot of success to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I appreciate all of the offers, I have chosen my fleet!
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Congratulations on your decision and may your choice, bring you much satisfaction.:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Not sure if it was our fleet you chose :P we did get your application but the name you have us is giving us an error. E-mail me directly at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com with your character name and handle. Example: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames thanks.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello, would you like to join our fleet? It is called Kobayashi Crew and consists of EU/UK and American time zone players. We are all friendly and helpful too. If not have a great day :)

We have a Facebook page and twitter.

I am only on at weekends during term times as I am in university, there are many other players online that use our raidcall chat server, and we are all mature players, the contacts listed below have plaid since beta and are between 32 and 50 yrs. old. (Only 1 teenager in the fleet, but they are welcome)

You would be welcome in our fleet, we have 166 members at the moment.

Join and have a look, if you don't like it you can always leave. It?s also easy to progress through our ranks and take a leading role within the fleet, you can contribute and be as involved as you like, so if you only log to do a quick mission or want to run missions with others, you will find both styles of play within our fleet.

Casual gaming to grinding missions the founding fathers of Kobayashi Crew look forward to enjoying all STO has to offer with you!
    Message/mail us in game, or in the forum. (In game handle - Dave@dangerousdave1701) or email dangeroudave1981@hotmail.co.uk.

Any questions please contact @ussmidway (American division)

@splashash and @kicker1205 (U.K. division)
    Regards,

Vice Admiral Davian Thule.
    Fleet Support Officer.

Follow us on Twitter/like us on Facebook.

Contacts:

@dangerousdave1701 - Fleet Support Officer.
    @kicker1205 - Fleet Tactical Officer.
    @splashash - Romulan Ambassador
    @ussmidway - U.S.A. Fleet Division Officer.
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701