test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major Regenerators on the Exchange

walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
Anyone else not seeing Major Regenerators in the "Personal Devices" category? Seems like components are bugged as well, with a search in the PD category giving a single result but the search against "all" giving lots...
http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
Post edited by walshicus on

Comments

• skymarshall3skymarshall3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Erm please tell me people don't buy them on the exchange when you can get them from many vendors!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    why... would you buy them on the exchange? why???
  • tejmashkttejmashkt Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    why... would you buy them on the exchange? why???

Because they are like me... don't know where the vendors are. I don't buy them myself. I have no need of them, but I usually sell them on the exchange when I have them. Nice quick 1500-2500 energy credits.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Major Regenerators can be acquired through a "Success" (Not a Critical!) to "Assemble Regenerator Pack" from your ship's sickbay or bought from a vendor on New Romulus (that I know of)...

Or just collected in the course of playing the game by enemies dropping them.

Really, though, because Major Regenerators are required for half the Rep System projects (or at least sometimes seem to be), that's possibly a reason you can't find them on the exchange...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you can't find any i can put some on the exchange for a million EC if you want! Where ever there is a weapons vendor they will likely sell re-generators in " purchase consumable " option ( EC vendors not dillithium vendors ).
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,457 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the tribbles ate them. It's one of their many food sources on the exchange.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, I do see coffee on the exchange...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,457 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, I do see coffee on the exchange...

Reason why nobody buys that is because it grew old and stale on the exchange.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's leftover from when Admiral Janeway gave it up.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Erm please tell me people don't buy them on the exchange when you can get them from many vendors!

People do buy them on the exchange, for much more than the vendors charge. There's profit to be had.
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Major Regenerators can be acquired through a "Success" (Not a Critical!) to "Assemble Regenerator Pack" from your ship's sickbay or bought from a vendor on New Romulus (that I know of)...

Or just collected in the course of playing the game by enemies dropping them.

Really, though, because Major Regenerators are required for half the Rep System projects (or at least sometimes seem to be), that's possibly a reason you can't find them on the exchange...

ESD, in the same room as the tailor
    First city, again right beside the tailor
    K7, By the tailor
    Ganalda, follow the pattern, bet you can guess.

DS9 on the promenade in one of the sales cubby holes, I think a blue skinned chap.
    Needs one in the Defera Invasion zone and Nukara Prime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One of the vendors on Drozana Station sells them as well...

-- Smoov
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    If you can't find any i can put some on the exchange for a million EC if you want! Where ever there is a weapons vendor they will likely sell re-generators in " purchase consumable " option ( EC vendors not dillithium vendors ).

I take it you didn't read the first post then! ;)

I *know* where I can buy them from vendors. I *know* that DOFF assignments can reward them.

What I'm saying is that it appears there is a bug with them on the Exchange, where searching for them in their category (personal devices) returns no or few results, while searching under "all" returns them.

Also, it's frequently easier to just put in a few thousand extra ECs than waste time heading to a location that sells them. It's not like most of us don't have hundreds of millions of ECs stored up anyway!
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.