test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seeking active fleet

chaosnexus#5539 chaosnexus Member Posts: 92 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Earth Spacedock
I had issues with my internet browser so I am doing this on a really old laptop. Hope this works.

As far as my toons go, I have 9 characters, 1 for each class and faction. Been playing for about a year and have pretty much all the gear, ships, etc. that I want for a couple of them.

What I am looking for is a casual minded, decent sized fleet that is not T5 (although it would be nice), since I would prefer to take part in the actual portion of the game involving building a base, mine, embassy, etc. However, after experiencing some bad things with a couple of fleets, one I recently left because I was being blamed for TRIBBLE other players were doing, here is what I REALLY am looking for in addition to previously stated:

1) Accepts everyone in the fleet and treated all members equally. What I mean by this is
I've had experiences where not all players felt welcome in game and would be left out in
fleet chats and fleet events.

2) Does do in-fleet STF's and DOES NOT leave fleet members hanging
when they are forming STF runs. This was the biggest issue I had with my previous
fleet. Got the "hey [insert players name], want to join us for stfs?. Nevermind, we have
enough players hehe..." treatment.

3) Absolutely NO DRAMA!

4) Most importantly players take responsibility for their own actions. I really do not want to
join another fleet where someone gets blamed for TRIBBLE another player does.
Post edited by chaosnexus#5539 on

Comments

• Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dear Epic,

I would like to throw our fleet as one of your choices. We are Liberty Task Force at www.libertytaskforce.com. We are an 18+ Tier IV fleet (Embassy/Dilithium Mine fully completed) with mature members that still know how to have fun. We are a very community based fleet and every member of the fleet has a voice. Because we are very community based registration through our website is required now to join but TeamSpeak 3 is still optional, though we do encourage its use.

We usually have enough players on to fill at least two STF's at any given time, we've also been known to fill a 20 man Fleet Action just by ourselves. If you do decide to join us you come to us at a very exciting time, we just restructured the fleet and ranking system to make for a better gaming experience. Be sure to visit our site and check our www.libertytaskforce.com/aboutus page to get to know more about what we stand for. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me directly at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com and/or friend me in-game at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames. Take care and hope to see you in space!

Beat Regards,
    -Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    android2400android2400 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello epicninja2,

Perhaps my friend and I's fleet(Atheist United) would be an appropriate fit. My friend and I have entered your shoes and experienced some horrific fleets, that do what you are describing. Your list of one through four, are utterly comprehended and fit perfectly to Atheist United. Although, it is just him and I for the time being, we just reopened, Atheist United to the general public. The Dilithium Mine is Tier 2, the Embassy is Tier 2, and The Starbase is Tier 3.

If you are interested in joining, then please contact @aoax10 or @android2400 or come to our Teamspeak 3 server:

Address: atheistsunited.teamspeak3.com:4503

Password: l0g1c82
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey Cryptic/Perfect World, you want a successful game and be venerated for Star Trek Online? Then make the game with more fun, instead of making the game with more greed.
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    My fleet has just finished T5 shipyard but we're going to T5 science and engineering so lots of opertunities to help with that.

You also get to be a part of the fleet in the day to day running if you like or not. if that's your choosing. Ultimately you'll get out what you put in.

I will say this about one of your points. When we run missions they're usually over in 5 minutes or less (yes even elite missions) so if we throw up a "Hey _____ fancy joining" and don't get a response in 1 minute (even a "hang on" will do) then we do tend to move on and grab others. It's just if we end up waiting for 5 minutes for a response we could have run the mission and switched characters in the same time.

As for point 3. No Drama. Anything that happens is brought to the fleet Admirals attention and discussed amongst them and the other Vice Admirals before action is taken. We hear both sides of a story and try to give the benefit of the doubt where possible.

Point 4. You do take responsibility for your own actions, if you end up doing **** moves to other players, we're well known enough that people will tell us. You do something great, are a good player and organiser then you will do well both in the fleet and in the circles for PvP and PvE.

As you might be able to tell we're mostly an up front no BS fleet. We make sure we're fair to all our members after all a fleet is nothing without it's members.

Best piece of advise I can give is join a few fleets with your alts and see which you like. Our fleet does not mind if you're in one or two other fleets. Just send me a mail message or tell @bpharma and I'll talk to you or send you an invite.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm assuming you got no joy from HERE or HERE?

You have listed a few things that you are after but you might want to provide prospective fleets a bit more information to help them see if they are the right match for you things like:

What timezone you are in.
    What times you tend to play.
    What gameplay focus or balance you want.

Hope this helps.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you got no joy from HERE or HERE?

I am mildly concerned, to why he has not answered any responses to any other fleets, that are from this topic and the other topics. This could be a troll that is seeking attention and these topics, are great opportunities; to do just that. If you are not a troll, then I apologize.

chris5626 wrote: »
    You have listed a few things that you are after but you might want to provide prospective fleets a bit more information to help them see if they are the right match for you things like:

What timezone you are in.
    What times you tend to play.
    What gameplay focus or balance you want.

Hope this helps.

Yes, more credientials would be beneficial and here are a few instances: if you have a Klingon character, then that character will be rendered as useless in my fleet. You have also mentioned playing STFs, are you just a PVE person or do you play PVP as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey Cryptic/Perfect World, you want a successful game and be venerated for Star Trek Online? Then make the game with more fun, instead of making the game with more greed.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I understand the points addressed. I am just looking for a fleet who doesn't treat other players like garbage and does in fleet STF's.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    epicninja2 wrote: »
    I understand the points addressed. I am just looking for a fleet who doesn't treat other players like garbage and does in fleet STF's.

No offense; however, why would you prejudge any fleet, before you even make an attempt, at being a fleet member and in reference to in fleet STFs; I have the worst experience in that department. Although, that my experiences have influenced me, not all fleets are ill-willed.

In conclusion, my offer is still standing firmly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I am mildly concerned, to why he has not answered any responses to any other fleets, that are from this topic and the other topics. This could be a troll that is seeking attention and these topics, are great opportunities; to do just that. If you are not a troll, then I apologize.

I'm definitely not a troll. Trolling forums and in-game chat is simply a waste of everyone's time and would definitely make me look like a complete idiot.

Yes, more credientials would be beneficial and here are a few instances: if you have a Klingon character, then that character will be rendered as useless in my fleet. You have also mentioned playing STFs, are you just a PVE person or do you play PVP as well?

Yes I do PvE, but I really do enjoy doing in-fleet STF's. The majority of players, if not all know what it's like pugging an STF and it fails epically because someone doesn't know what they're doing. I've been down that road myself (even was someone who didn't know what to do).

But to kind of clarify about the 2 posts I had, yes I have checked out the replies and I am quite skeptical of some if not most of them. Right now I'm still frustrated about recent events from a fleet that promised that I would be accepted and treated fairly, then pulled some immature TRIBBLE on me then booted me out because of their actions. I like the majority of the players if not all are here to have fun, join a community and share experiences.
  • Options
    chefitaliano85chefitaliano85 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Checkout First Prime if you get a chance. Tier II, 200 members and growing, fun, casual and simple. Let me know if you have any questions. And I don't treat any of my members like garbage.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm definitely not a troll. Trolling forums and in-game chat is simply a waste of everyone's time and would definitely make me look like a complete idiot.

Once again, I apologize.

Yes I do PvE, but I really do enjoy doing in-fleet STF's. The majority of players, if not all know what it's like pugging an STF and it fails epically because someone doesn't know what they're doing. I've been down that road myself (even was someone who didn't know what to do).

You are not alone, for I have experienced the same in game fleet difficulties and after experiencing such ignorance from my previous fleets, I decided to start my own fleet. A fleet that is built on the foundation of teamwork and friendship.
    But to kind of clarify about the 2 posts I had, yes I have checked out the replies and I am quite skeptical of some if not most of them.

I honesly can't accuse you of having sensible skepticism.
    Right now I'm still frustrated about recent events from a fleet that promised that I would be accepted and treated fairly, then pulled some immature TRIBBLE on me then booted me out because of their actions.

I can't speak on the behalf of the other fleets; however, I can say with confidence, that you will not be mistreated in my fleet.
    I like the majority of the players if not all are here to have fun, join a community and share experiences.

I hope that is everybody's intentions, of playing Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello, would you like to join our fleet? It is called Kobayashi Crew and consists of EU/UK and American time zone players. We are all friendly and helpful too. If not have a great day :)

We have a Facebook page and twitter.

I am only on at weekends during term times as I am in university, there are many other players online that use our raidcall chat server, and we are all mature players, the contacts listed below have plaid since beta and are between 32 and 50 yrs. old. (Only 1 teenager in the fleet, but they are welcome)

You would be welcome in our fleet, we have 166 members at the moment.

Join and have a look, if you don't like it you can always leave. It?s also easy to progress through our ranks and take a leading role within the fleet, you can contribute and be as involved as you like, so if you only log to do a quick mission or want to run missions with others, you will find both styles of play within our fleet.

Casual gaming to grinding missions the founding fathers of Kobayashi Crew look forward to enjoying all STO has to offer with you!
    Message/mail us in game, or in the forum. (In game handle - Dave@dangerousdave1701) or email dangeroudave1981@hotmail.co.uk.

Any questions please contact @ussmidway (American division)

@splashash and @kicker1205 (U.K. division)
    Regards,

Vice Admiral Davian Thule.
    Fleet Support Officer.

Follow us on Twitter/like us on Facebook.

Contacts:

@dangerousdave1701 - Fleet Support Officer.
    @kicker1205 - Fleet Tactical Officer.
    @splashash - Romulan Ambassador
    @ussmidway - U.S.A. Fleet Division Officer.
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Allow me to invite you to check out Jessica's Outlaws. Our website is still new (http://jessicasoutlaws.guildlaunch.com) as is our Fleet. However that means plenty of room to grow with the Fleet. We have members who have been with the game since Beta and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. We are looking for those who are willing to contribute and participate. We leave NOONE behind and we have plenty of folks who LOVE to STF. As well as our website you can also email, in game, Rebecca@firefox3178 or Jessy@Vigorouse. We'd be happy to invite you to come hang with us, run STF's with us and check out the base with no obligation.

As I say we are fairly new but growing fast and have many plans for the coming months. We need all the help we can get from those who love to join in. Maybe you're really an Outlaw at heart? :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    traid1traid1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry to be posting in this topic but can't start a thread so I have to post in here because its the closest to what I wanted to start i'm looking for a fleet that friendly and active also would like the fleet to have mumble,ventrilo,teamspeak doesn't matter which one I lose interest if I'm not hearing voices.
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi traid1 we have a raidcall server, would you like to join our fleet? It is called Kobayashi Crew and consists of EU/UK and American time zone players. We are all friendly and helpful too. If not have a great day :)

We have a Facebook page and twitter.

I am only on at weekends during term times as I am in university, there are many other players online that use our raidcall chat server, and we are all mature players, the contacts listed below have played since beta and are between 32 and 50 yrs. old. (Only 1 teenager in the fleet, but they are welcome)

You would be welcome in our fleet, we have 166 members at the moment.

Join and have a look, if you don't like it you can always leave. It?s also easy to progress through our ranks and take a leading role within the fleet, you can contribute and be as involved as you like, so if you only log to do a quick mission or want to run missions with others, you will find both styles of play within our fleet.

Casual gaming to grinding missions the founding fathers of Kobayashi Crew look forward to enjoying all STO has to offer with you!
    Message/mail us in game, or in the forum. (In game handle - Dave@dangerousdave1701) or email dangeroudave1981@hotmail.co.uk.

Any questions please contact @ussmidway (American division)

@splashash and @kicker1205 (U.K. division)
    Regards,

Vice Admiral Davian Thule.
    Fleet Support Officer.

Follow us on Twitter/like us on Facebook.

Contacts:

@dangerousdave1701 - Fleet Support Officer.
    @kicker1205 - Fleet Tactical Officer.
    @splashash - Romulan Ambassador
    @ussmidway - U.S.A. Fleet Division Officer.
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701