test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graviton pulse nerf, enough? not really....

2»

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I've seen it miss plenty of times before. Usually by pure coincidence when someone moves out of its line of fire right after it's been fired. The further people are, the most likely it will miss too. From what I can tell, the pulse moves in a straight line, it doesn't follow the target. One of the reasons I gave up using it. First it doesn't get you friends, second it's not guaranteed to land on a target.

Zark slots it when folks are spamming various consoles in Ker'rat. SNB the APO off, VM, GPG, Scan, GW, TS Chrons, TB, Photonic Fleet, Cluster...hope somebody's around that can actually kill the guy, because Zark's just a Snooper/Tackler. The GPG in that sequence doesn't really matter - it's just folks don't like it, so it's a pure spite move against folks to give them a little taste of what they might be doing.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    You literally need five people carrying engineering team to counter a well placed GPG, as Omega will not completely counter it. And yes, if you're going to go that far to counter GPG it it means you aren't going to have good science team or tactical team coverage and you will lose anyway. Engineering team has very little utility beyond countering VM and GPG, unlike science and tactical team which are basically required in todays environment.

Fine, the other team will need the same counter. You act like you are prohibited from carrying the console, or at the least your opponent can assume you will not be carrying it.

Take your chances and deal. that is combat. You decide your combat load based on best availabile information and being versatile, not being streamlined in your prefered type of play. You advocate taking away other's options to slow down the game and have a strong disable over your preference to everyone have a high dps. I don't want to have to be funneled into a dps centric balance so i like having strong consoles that require the other team to diversify.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So with APO1 already active when GPG hit, it did nothing - even after the APO1 expired and GPG was still active. Likewise, if GPG hit and APO1 was triggered - it cleared it. GPG did not kick in again after APO1 expired.

That was the same bug the subspace integration circuit had, but it was fixed for it. Someone should bug report it for the GPG too.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fine, the other team will need the same counter. You act like you are prohibited from carrying the console, or at the least your opponent can assume you will not be carrying it.

Take your chances and deal. that is combat. You decide your combat load based on best availabile information and being versatile, not being streamlined in your prefered type of play. You advocate taking away other's options to slow down the game and have a strong disable over your preference to everyone have a high dps. I don't want to have to be funneled into a dps centric balance so i like having strong consoles that require the other team to diversify.

Most people that are not complete donkeys don't load it on there ships because it is terrible.

Seeing as you mentioned it yes the fleet of the person you mentioned DID run that console for an evening not long ago... and the community freaked.

If good players run that console it is the most frustrating thing in all of gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Most people that are not complete donkeys don't load it on there ships because it is terrible.

Seeing as you mentioned it yes the fleet of the person you mentioned DID run that console for an evening not long ago... and the community freaked.

If good players run that console it is the most frustrating thing in all of gaming.

I differ in my opinion, this console finally gets attention on my cruiser. With it people actually engage me. I carry E team and can't spam TT, therefore I expect others to have to deal with me without whining that I need to play to their strengths and my weaknesses. It makes it worthwile to attack a nonA2B cruiser.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2013
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    That was the same bug the subspace integration circuit had, but it was fixed for it. Someone should bug report it for the GPG too.

He's actually saying the opposite of what you think he is, although VD might have used the word 'it' a few too many times as well.

I guess they must have fixed GPG around the time they fixed the subspace integrated circuit, which explains the difference between my past testing experience and VD's current tests.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So with APO1 already active when GPG hit, it did nothing - even after the APO1 expired and GPG was still active. Likewise, if GPG hit and APO1 was triggered - it cleared it. GPG did not kick in again after APO1 expired.

Heh, wow - yep, sometimes I look back at my own posts and scratch my head.

So with APO1 already active when GPG hit, GPG did nothing - even after the APO1 expired and GPG was still active. Likewise, if GPG hit and APO1 was triggered - APO cleared GPG. GPG did not kick in again after APO1 expired.

Hopefully that's more clear than it was. I'll go back and edit the other post with those changes.
    edited October 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    although VD might have used the word 'it' a few too many times as well.

yeah sorry about "it" lol. I wrote that with my mom on the phone and my wife trying to tell me something at the same time, so I didn't review my post like I normally do lol.

Also, I have to admit, I didn't read all of VD's post :(
    edited October 2013
    Heh, wow - yep, sometimes I look back at my own posts and scratch my head.

So with APO1 already active when GPG hit, GPG did nothing - even after the APO1 expired and GPG was still active. Likewise, if GPG hit and APO1 was triggered - APO cleared GPG. GPG did not kick in again after APO1 expired.

Hopefully that's more clear than it was. I'll go back and edit the other post with those changes.

yeah that makes sense now :)
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited October 2013
    Why not just steal a page out of D&D'd and probably a few other pnp setups and have it spread the duration over the # of targets.

Strong and long duration vs just 1 or 2 but if you hit the whole team they are only stuck for a few?