test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weird Happenings on the Recluse bridge

roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
I was on my recluse today when i thought how cool it would be to explore the rest of the ship so i went to one of the doors, once there i realized that the colours on the doors changed from yellow to blue (pictures below) so i tried every door i could but unfortunately nothing happened so i shot the door and it glitched for a second and I am pretty sure i sure another room beyond. Now i hope that another part of the lock box ships bridges will be released as most of them seem awesome but unfinished for example the recluse its AWESOME but it needs more rooms and more things to do and press :D anyway please cryptic to turn this strange forum post into a beg make more stuff for the "special" ships bridges. and maybe the recluse doors will actually have a use? even if you have to use environmental suits id still be happy to explore the ship.

Please not i didn't react fast enough to take a screenshot of the glitched room/wall

http://imgur.com/a/EA2dO link to the album on imgur
(im in an environmental suit just incase it actually worked and it was in the tholian enviroment :P)
Post edited by roboticzebra on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lockbox ships only have the bridge. A minor note about the Tholian Bridge. There are no walls or ceilings on the Tholian bridge, just floors and doors. Unfortunately, the other floors are limited to Tholians so if we had Tholian Bridge Officers, then we should expect them working on the other floors.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is the only room your engineers fixed. Outside the room is pure lava which is hospitable to the tholians
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The box says that the interiors of the tholian ships we own have been modified to accomodate crew without the need for an environmental suit, it doesn't say "just the bridge", so the rest of the ship would similarly modified.

Also, if the outside of the bridge was pure lava, we could also send horta crewmen as well as the tholian crewmen.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    I did the door/light swapping as a way to indicate that you have attempted to use the door, the door acknowledges you, but is locked. But I didn't think Red/Green was going to fit in very well on the Tholian bridge.

There are no rooms beyond those doors. However, the Orange Marmalade panels in the doors are transparent, so I had to put SOMETHING back there. As it stands, there are just some short hallways that end in T intersections back there. Enough that you're not looking into space, but no more.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5341/10046856335_ea93a77c8e_o.jpg
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I did the door/light swapping as a way to indicate that you have attempted to use the door, the door acknowledges you, but is locked. But I didn't think Red/Green was going to fit in very well on the Tholian bridge.

There are no rooms beyond those doors. However, the Orange Marmalade panels in the doors are transparent, so I had to put SOMETHING back there. As it stands, there are just some short hallways that end in T intersections back there. Enough that you're not looking into space, but no more.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5341/10046856335_ea93a77c8e_o.jpg

So this is a different question, and one that has been bugging me for a while... the main window in the interior of the tholian bridge. What exactly are we looking at out that window, so I can approximate where the bridge is physically on the space model?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2013

wow, I didn't expect a dev to reply to my hunch haha well I guess now we know :) but are there ANY plans on constructing more to the tholian bridge?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    So this is a different question, and one that has been bugging me for a while... the main window in the interior of the tholian bridge. What exactly are we looking at out that window, so I can approximate where the bridge is physically on the space model?

It's in the center of the 3 arms of the Recluse (I think it was the Recluse I used?) More protected than those silly Federation/KDf bridges. . .

Edit: but our thinking was that the Tholians built in a ton of redundancy throughout their ship, and that this is simply one of many rooms that could be used as a bridge.
    wow, I didn't expect a dev to reply to my hunch haha well I guess now we know :) but are there ANY plans on constructing more to the tholian bridge?

No plans to my knowledge. One of the main reasons we didn't let you go elsewhere is that not only is it boiling lava hot outside those doors, but it's also wacky upside down land, and you can't walk on the ceiling. . .
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's in the center of the 3 arms of the Recluse (I think it was the Recluse I used?) More protected than those silly Federation/KDf bridges. . .

Edit: but our thinking was that the Tholians built in a ton of redundancy throughout their ship, and that this is simply one of many rooms that could be used as a bridge.

That makes sense. I'll have to revisit my tholian bridge and look again. Thanks!

No plans to my knowledge. One of the main reasons we didn't let you go elsewhere is that not only is it boiling lava hot outside those doors, but it's also wacky upside down land, and you can't walk on the ceiling. . .

Video of what happens outside the bridge.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One of the main reasons we didn't let you go elsewhere is that not only is it boiling lava hot outside those doors, but it's also wacky upside down land, and you can't walk on the ceiling. . .

I hate to be 'that guy', but I thought we supposedly refit these ships to be habitable? Only replacing environmental controls for the primary bridge chamber seems... shortsighted of Starfleet/the KDF. ;) How do my repair teams get any work done? How do my fighter pilots get to the flight decks? Where do we go to sleep? Is the entire 2500-man crew living on collapsible cots on the bridge? Wouldn't it be plausible in-universe to say we had gotten the 'multiple planes of artificial gravity' thing that apparently the Tholians have working?

That aside, I love the Tholian bridge a ton. And I really do understand that you guys can't really give us a full custom interior to go with it; I'm just being dorky. :P
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013

If I recall the TNG Technical Manual correctly, while the prominent bridge on Federation starships is a design choice, there's no reason a PADD with the right user permissions can't control any aspect of ship operations from anywhere on the ship.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hate to be 'that guy', but I thought we supposedly refit these ships to be habitable? Only replacing environmental controls for the primary bridge chamber seems... shortsighted of Starfleet/the KDF. ;) How do my repair teams get any work done? How do my fighter pilots get to the flight decks? Where do we go to sleep? Is the entire 2500-man crew living on collapsible cots on the bridge? Wouldn't it be plausible in-universe to say we had gotten the 'multiple planes of artificial gravity' thing that apparently the Tholians have working?

That aside, I love the Tholian bridge a ton. And I really do understand that you guys can't really give us a full custom interior to go with it; I'm just being dorky. :P

It took a month for my crew to break out of the Temporal Bridge. That month was not fun with the whole crew on the bridge. Engineering is in a real sad state. The Temporal Core has been ripped out and a simple Matter/Antimatter Engine is put in its place. The Tholians didn't do a good job of cleaning up their mess. The only decent area is the bridge.

As far as the Tholian ship goes, there are various rooms that are only accessible by using teleporters or EV suits. However, it is too risky with EV suits since a simple trip can cause the suit to rip. Also there is a problem with the Tholian atmosphere causing a problem with the transporters so someone ripping their suit would have to be rescued by other crew members in EV suits. So traveling by EV suit is kept to a minimum. Basically, only the Brig, Hangar Bays, and Bridge have been cleared of the Tholian atmosphere and available through transporter. The Brig is unfortunately the crew quarters and very uncomfortable since Tholian quarters are even more uncomfortable and confusing. At least the Brig has a working Plumbing system. My crew can't figure out where the bathroom is or even if Tholians have a bathroom.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If I recall the TNG Technical Manual correctly, while the prominent bridge on Federation starships is a design choice, there's no reason a PADD with the right user permissions can't control any aspect of ship operations from anywhere on the ship.

I control my ship through the toaster in my ready room.

"Scan that anomaly, and I want my bagel medium-dark."
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Sweartagod that looks like Nukara near the ruins.
  • Options
    revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2013

any plans to make real ships instead of just a bridge.?
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    revyremi wrote: »
    any plans to make real ships instead of just a bridge.?

No. Cryptic is probably thinking that bridges are a waste of time.

Since the release of the foundry cryptic has toyed with the idea of allowing you to make your own ship interior for your ship.
    But i think they think it would take too much work with 0 reward/
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Slightly off topic (I apologize for that) but still somewhat related. Since we have a developer monitoring this thread, wouldn't it be possible to add a generic room behind that door where we could place our trophies? This is a needed feature on all lockbox ships.