test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff missions! (interrior design!)

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
I think a realy good idea would be Doff missions(and potentially other things) to get items or unlock items for your interior parts of the ship. Some could be one time things that are maybe only timed for a week or gained and you can select them and they only last so long and maybe exist in a stack in a seperate interior hold in the ship for just those items. Others could be permenant unlocks. Either way a new feature should be in the ships interiors to use these items and use or select them etc. There could be endless options.

They could make great trade and other missions types.
Post edited by aftulus on

Comments

• Options
    willdaviesalpha1willdaviesalpha1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What do you mean?

Because I read this and I'm thinking things like the "3D Chess" and "Stratagema" Development Assignments unlocking crewmember in the lounge (mess hall, Ten-Forward, whatever) playing the games.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, one of the devs, I forget which one, explained their reasoning on why not. Basically, it'd be a lot of work for little benefit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It woudl be benefit to players. Which is benefit to the devs and the game... All developement and additions are of benefit at all times. It shows they can do work and gives players more to do.

And yes those special missions could do that. then you could even play games in your mess hall or something. Allow it as an unlock for new games etc for people to play with each other or NPCs on your ship. it adds content. There is no way to say it's not adding something. They need to think from the player perspective if they said that.

It would give more reason to try to crit them if you unlock on crit etc. And they could add more chain missions etc to organize as a way of adding to the ship. They would be ship internal chain missions. Or ones in bases or planets where it, RP wise, makes sense to start. It could represent buying the items for your ship for your crew etc! You are the captain. The entertainmnet of your crew is extremely important! They would be a different layer of ship upgrades. And give players something to do. You could open up actual gambling between players. Or atleast group vs NPC games etc. Chess would be cool. A 3d Chess table would kick but. Even allow players to play across ships through an intership network. There is endless potential. There would finally be reasons to go to each others ships, or atleast spend time inside yours. It seems to me it was intended to exist to start with the ship designs. It should have been if not. It is a big part of Star Trek and it's fiction.

The doffs themselves could be the NPC players even. Then those with better doffs could make better challenges and or rewards. Then you can actually get good at the games etc. Start low work high. YOu may need to visit freinds ships to play a good chalange etc and get rewards. People could visit for extended periods to play.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    aftulus wrote: »
    I think a realy good idea would be Doff missions(and potentially other things) to get items or unlock items for your interior parts of the ship. Some could be one time things that are maybe only timed for a week or gained and you can select them and they only last so long and maybe exist in a stack in a seperate interior hold in the ship for just those items. Others could be permenant unlocks. Either way a new feature should be in the ships interiors to use these items and use or select them etc. There could be endless options.

They could make great trade and other missions types.

Great Idea Wiz...

~ Jr