test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heavy Ground Weapons

superiorterransuperiorterran Member Posts: 48 Arc User
I was just thinking back to the video game I played as a teenager - Star Trek Voyager Elite Force, and recalled a photon torpedo rocket launcher, I thought it was the coolest thing. I think one could be successfully implemented into ground combat. The ground photon (or quantum) torpedo launcher would deal heavy kinetic damage against an unshielded target, and have AOE damage and knock back. The launcher would have a 1 minute cd, so would best be deployed against hard targets, such as elite tactical drones.
Post edited by superiorterran on

Comments

• auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The photon launcher is effectively the 'blast assault' type weapon in game. Even the effects are sort of there. :)

Though yeah, a wider variety of special weapons would be pretty cool. :)

(kind of wish there was an Arc-welder kind of rifle too!)
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tetryon Pulse Disruptor ftw!
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • superiorterransuperiorterran Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    syndonai wrote: »

I think the assault miniguns already fill that role, but an assault minigun with a tetryon and disruptor proc would be pretty awesome! :)
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    syndonai wrote: »

That weapon was great. It was back when tetryon was green, of course. Then again, Voyager didn't always do the best job with enemy beams. I remember seeing so many blue-colored beams that they blended together.
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since a weapon like that would rely on ammo it could be a consumable item perhaps.
  • superiorterransuperiorterran Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since a weapon like that would rely on ammo it could be a consumable item perhaps.

Not so. The official name is the "photon burst launcher," or "quantum burst launcher" in the game's sequel that takes place aboard Enterprise-E. It uses energy as "ammo." But game balance would not be affected, because of the long cd and conditions of effectiveness (such as it being kinetic damage).
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The ground photon (or quantum) torpedo launcher would deal heavy kinetic damage against an unshielded target, and have AOE damage and knock back

You're describing photon grenades, the photon grenade launcher on the KHG Pulsewave Rifle/Adapted MACO Pulsewave Rifle, and the quantum mortar launcher that Engineers get as a kit power.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    De-Fabricator!!! ;)
    Proudly F2P
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Meh, no need to give all classes grenades.

Don't support this idea.