test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So the Next 5 months will be crammed with new Content?

newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
How are they going to fit it all in??

Lets say CC ends on Oct 17th

Oct 17th The long awaited FE on that rewards an alien carrier - lets say that runs for 3-4 weeks?

Nov 7th to Nov 14th then would be the launch of Season 8??

That leaves about 4-5 weeks before the Christmas event starts usually

Say middle of Dec to Middle of Jan 2014

Then the 4th anniversary event??

Holy Cow they must have to work 12-14hr days at Crytpic lately.

Taco must be forced to work 27hr days on his planet!!:P
Post edited by newromulan1 on

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wouldn't mind betting that the featured episode will release with season 8 now; just got that feeling....

They do have a lot to cram in, and we haven't even started testing the bulk of season 8 yet!

Stuff could get crazy :eek:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited October 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind betting that the featured episode will release with season 8 now; just got that feeling....

They do have a lot to cram in, and we haven't even started testing the bulk of season 8 yet!

Stuff could get crazy :eek:

And what about all the work being done on Next years Cardassian/True way/Dominion Faction?? That must be taking up time to!!:cool:;)

Of course that is only my wild speculation:rolleyes:
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How are they going to fit it all in??

Lets say CC ends on Oct 17th

Oct 17th The long awaited FE on that rewards an alien carrier - lets say that runs for 3-4 weeks?

Nov 7th to Nov 14th then would be the launch of Season 8??

That leaves about 4-5 weeks before the Christmas event starts usually

Say middle of Dec to Middle of Jan 2014

Then the 4th anniversary event??

Holy Cow they must have to work 12-14hr days at Crytpic lately.

Taco must be forced to work 27hr days on his planet!!:P

My bet is Season 8 is delayed to 2014. Just a hunch.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    elessym wrote: »

you're on to something here.

however i believe it will be delayed until early 2017

following a rollback on the servers back to season 2
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Such a horrible nasty thing to say!!
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Season 8 is officially on Tribble. Although it only contains only a single PvE event at the moment where you fight against Voth ships inside the Dyson Sphere, but more Season 8 content should be released to Tribble this week. It looks pretty cool for unfinished content. So I expect Season 8 will be on Holodeck in late November or early December.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Season 8 is officially on Tribble. Although it only contains only a single PvE event at the moment where you fight against Voth ships inside the Dyson Sphere, but more Season 8 content should be released to Tribble this week. It looks pretty cool for unfinished content. So I expect Season 8 will be on Holodeck in late November or early December.

It's going to be crammed to get that in if they wait until late Nov or early Dec? Doing the Christmas event back to back with Season 8?

I am still hoping for mid Nov at the latest. But I could see the FE being combined with the season 8 launch.
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Now STO is infected with numerous bugs and other content, but Cryptic has done a wonderful job keeping this game alive since F2P. For those of you the were around at the end of Atari's reign, you can remember the lack of content and repair. Lock boxes and the z-store has helped to run this game. Cryptic has done a wonderful job compared to the year prior to F2P.

So I will be happy to wait on content as long as it is as good as it has been. I would like to get rid of some of the grind.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering they pretty much always have a season release around november time, had a proper winter event for the last few years and its only one FE that by the own word is technically ready to go but just adding one extra feature, i dont see why anyone would think they have a problem fitting it in. while the next few months will have content, im not sure i would call it crammed as its really nothing out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't say having a lot of content is exactly a bad thing. Hopefully it will spark some life back into the game.
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dont see why we cant have multiple events running at the same time, its not like the featured events take long to run through the once per day, also i dont consider C-store/lockboxes content.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A Christmas release would be good. That will give plenty of time for testing. Plus that isn't that far off. Only 2 months.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The way i look at it is, we are gonna get content, free ship, new endgame things ( hopefully the refined rep will elevate some grind? ), improved winter event, anniversary event ( free ship ), new featured episode series, then nothing until the summer event. Just everyone be grateful remember the first couple of years of this game... no one wants that again.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    oh no worries... they will rush it out the door on the given deadline, no matter what broken state it is in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I have been playing since beta and can surmise that there will be a deluge of new content in the next month.
    Then absolutely nothing except rehashing, sales, and "special projects" until may.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And what about all the work being done on Next years Cardassian/True way/Dominion Faction?? That must be taking up time to!!:cool:;)

Of course that is only my wild speculation:rolleyes:

Not to mention all the work they're doing on freeing the Romulans from their blue and red overlords and making all three classes and their ships balanced. I really don't know how they will fit it all in.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Holy Cow They Must Have To Work 12-14hr Days At Crytpic Lately.

Taco Must Be Forced To Work 27hr Days On His Planet!!:p

Rofl Lol Rofl
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    oh no worries... they will rush it out the door on the given deadline, no matter what broken state it is in.

So the normal from Cryptic then ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    new featured episode series

There is no FE Series ... only one Episode coming out ... just to clear things up ... and if the Alien Carrier is only available during the initial launch, I doubt it'll be for more than ~2 weeks ... just like all the Anniversary Ships ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.