test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Our Special Crystalline Entity Event is Live! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Our special Crystalline Entity event is now live! Before you jump in-game and participate daily to earn special rewards, read more for full details about the event.

Special rewards for completing the event's project include: 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of your choice (Fleet, Omega, Romulan or Nukara), and a special Very Rare Duty Officer!

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oooh, a doff.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just completed one. No rewards at all. Nothing. Will test again to see if that repeats.

*Edit - Ok, just did a second run-through, and it was fine. Must have been an "undocumented feature" :D
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Heh.

I bet all those people who wanted to buy up and inflate the prices of the tyken's rift DOff for when the fix went live are a bit out of luck seeing as everyone's going to get one now. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    damn did this mission today when servers went back up didnt realise it wasnt live now until tomorrow
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    OK, I have a few questions not covered in the announcement.

Is the old reward of the Crystal Shard space pet still available? I have some Romulan characters "born" after the first run, so they never got a chance to get it.

If so, how many shards to complete its project? If it's 14, like last time, it will be impossible to complete both the old project and the new project.

The Duty Officer pictured is a Federation officer. Am I correct in assuming there will be equivalent officers available for Klingons and Romulans?
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    O.O

Mind... Blown.
    Thanks development team. The doff is a nice extra, the dilth is the main prize to me.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ...a bonus 1-shard event?!

...do I want to run the old event with the shard pet or should I go with the new one and get the special event?!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Just completed one. No rewards at all. Nothing. Will test again to see if that repeats.

The event went live at 10AM PDT, 7 minutes before your post. My guess is you were queued up for "Crystalline Catastrophe" and completed that. At 10AM PDT, "Crystalline Cataclysm" became available, and is the queue that will reward the Shard.
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    OK, I have a few questions not covered in the announcement.

Is the old reward of the Crystal Shard space pet still available? I have some Romulan characters "born" after the first run, so they never got a chance to get it.

If so, how many shards to complete its project? If it's 14, like last time, it will be impossible to complete both the old project and the new project.

The Duty Officer pictured is a Federation officer. Am I correct in assuming there will be equivalent officers available for Klingons and Romulans?

The old project is not available any longer. We may consider making a new way to obtain the Shard pet in the future. Please see the linked news post for information pertaining to players who already had it queued up, and information about the new project.

The Duty Officer pictured is the Fed version, but there is an identical KDF equivalent, too. Romulans will gain access to their ally's version.
    ...a bonus 1-shard event?!

...do I want to run the old event with the shard pet or should I go with the new one and get the special event?!

Your call! If you complete the old one in enough time, you may be able to start the second one. You won't be able to complete it, but would if we run the event again in the future :) Maybe just collect the shards in your inventory, see where your at in a couple weeks, and then decide? Just make sure to contribute them before the end date!

EDIT: You do not gain access to the bonus 1-shard project until you complete the new project (the one with the DOFF reward).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited September 2013
    The event went live at 10AM PDT, 7 minutes before your post. My guess is you were queued up for "Crystalline Catastrophe" and completed that. At 10AM PDT, "Crystalline Cataclysm" became available, and is the queue that will reward the Shard.

Probably, but it was odd. No rewards at all. No dil, no marks, nothing. Oh well :)
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mirror ship spam ftw

Also the zone chat complaining about it makes me smile. =D Defeated elite version no problem, this is actually kinda cool. Id be a little wary with a lower end video card though, i was getting a little fps lag on my GTX, so lower cards might have trouble.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A very nice doff, as I was wanting a Very Rare Tyken's Rift aftershock doff.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A very nice doff, as I was wanting a Very Rare Tyken's Rift aftershock doff.

Yeah, I was going fine (On my uni-laptop) Untill it deployed those elachi clouds, then i dropped to like 5 frames...
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the prompt clarification, Branflakes!
    We may consider making a new way to obtain the Shard pet in the future.

If I might make a suggestion, how about a 1-Shard project available after completing the main project, like you currently have for dilithium, etc?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about the pet? It isn't listed as a reward.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    What about the pet? It isn't listed as a reward.

It's not a reward for the new project; it was for the old project. We may consider making a new way to obtain the Shard pet in the future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The old project is not available any longer. We may consider making a new way to obtain the Shard pet in the future. Please see the linked news post for information pertaining to players who already had it queued up, and information about the new project.

The Duty Officer pictured is the Fed version, but there is an identical KDF equivalent, too. Romulans will gain access to their ally's version.

Your call! If you complete the old one in enough time, you may be able to start the second one. You won't be able to complete it, but would if we run the event again in the future :) Maybe just collect the shards in your inventory, see where your at in a couple weeks, and then decide? Just make sure to contribute them before the end date!

EDIT: You do not gain access to the bonus 1-shard project until you complete the new project (the one with the DOFF reward).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

okay I'm confused, if you selected the old event that had the pet avialable before the update or have it left over from last time is the pet still the reward or has it changed?
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ah, no Romulan doff? Would it have been hard to make a Romulan picture or copy one? I don't want humans on my ship. :(
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm patching right now. So just to clarify, the reputation project that comes with this event is not the same as the previous event, correct? So I can run it on a character I completed it on the last time the event was live and get the doff?
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    okay I'm confused, if you selected the old event that had the pet avialable before the update or have it left over from last time is the pet still the reward or has it changed?

If you already have the old project slotted, you may complete it and get the Vanity Pet as a reward. It's up to you.

However, you will not be able to slot the "Bonus" project until the new 14-shard project is completed (the one that rewards a Doff).
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    zulisvel wrote: »
    I'm patching right now. So just to clarify, the reputation project that comes with this event is not the same as the previous event, correct? So I can run it on a character I completed it on the last time the event was live and get the doff?

This is correct.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited September 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    O.O

Mind... Blown.
    Thanks development team. The doff is a nice extra, the dilth is the main prize to me.
    Mirror ship spam ftw

Also the zone chat complaining about it makes me smile. =D Defeated elite version no problem, this is actually kinda cool. Id be a little wary with a lower end video card though, i was getting a little fps lag on my GTX, so lower cards might have trouble.

I'm sitting here, staring at the chat, constantly going "It's not bad if you just IGNORE THE SPAM"
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is correct.

Sweet! Thanks. :)
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mister cereal box, look deep into you surprise prize inside and find the courage to not allow the CE to be nerfed. Challenge is needed in game, if some can complete it then it should not be nerfed...

Let's people rise to the occasion. That's what end game needs. Occasions that we the players must rise to meet.

Thank ya, have a good day
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited September 2013
    I'm sitting here, staring at the chat, constantly going "It's not bad if you just IGNORE THE SPAM"

Yep. 3 for 3 so far, about to start the fourth toon. So far ive only died twice (on the same char that isnt specced defensively well)

These arent any harder than the normal elites really. In fact the entity itself seems a little bit weaker than usual.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    edited September 2013
    Yep. 3 for 3 so far, about to start the fourth toon. So far ive only died twice (on the same char that isnt specced defensively well)

These arent any harder than the normal elites really. In fact the entity itself seems a little bit weaker than usual.

I wish I had your luck - I get saddled with people who immediately break off and fight the Mirror ships, then complain "THEY KEEP SPAWNING!"
    edited September 2013
    Number 4 was a really rough start, but we pulled it off in the end

Protip - if you havent gotten it to 66 yet, get it to follow you away from the spawn. Makes life a lot easier

4/4
    Gold.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Is it just me, or is the mirror ship spam inconsistent? Sometimes runs it doesn't seem to happen at all...
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Ah, no Romulan doff? Would it have been hard to make a Romulan picture or copy one? I don't want humans on my ship. :(

I wandering about that too, guess the KDF also get the human. It's so freeking rare there's only one kind- human.
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Stupid question that everyone but me seems to know the answer to...

How does one begin this Event? It is queued in on my character, but do I start it from the Pad outside the transporter room in ESD? Or is there some other place to go to start it?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.