test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Planets in sto

r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
just wondering if you guys would like to to see ferenginar and beta z and possible some more planets of the solor system in sto or if you have any suggestions of planets you would like to see in sto
Post edited by r24681012 on

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    * Betazed
    * Tellar Prime
    * Breen (a giant, city sized refrigerator?)
    * Gorn (I presume that's what it's called)
    * Ferenginar would be good; I can see it as a ground Dronza Station (all trade-like, but wet)
    * Azati Prime
    * Trill
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In the [Archived] parts of the forums the former Dev Heretic told us that the Gorn worlds would be south to southwest of current Klingon space (which is incomplete anyway) while the new Orion worlds would be west of the current map.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3686764

Using the map the STO sector map is based on
    http://www.chartgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/star-trek-map.jpeg

Betazed and Ferenginar would probably be in the "missing" sector block between Sirius and Beta Ursae.

I'd LOVE to see those sector blocks and worlds added in the future.:)
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm still missing the Battle Group Omega kind of line from DS9 to the Idran system. From there on: Omarion Nebula, (what's left of) New Bajor and all the other dozens of Dominion Worlds.

Yeah, I'm a Dominion fan.
  • starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not so much planets, but space territory I would like to see in some capacity:

Tholian space
    Ferengi Alliance
    First Federation
    Pretty much the entire rest of the Federation that isn't currently in game
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think Tellar Prime has been mentioned by devs before also.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • tejmashkttejmashkt Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Alpha Centauri. It is only 4.3 light years away. Seriously, why did they not put that in the game? I would have LOVED to go visit there... walk on a planet and see the three suns in the sky.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • divinejdivinej Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tribble Prime!
    edited September 2013
    divinej wrote: »
    Tribble Prime!

UMMM...that would probably look kinda like a giant glass after the Klingons nuked it from orbit. [DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations"]
    We could still visit it in a time-travel episode when it was still lush and plush...but then again it was supposed to be filled with predators...let's hope not the ones from the movies of the same name.
  • pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    * Betazed
    * Tellar Prime
    * Breen (a giant, city sized refrigerator?)
    * Gorn (I presume that's what it's called)
    * Ferenginar would be good; I can see it as a ground Dronza Station (all trade-like, but wet)
    * Azati Prime
    * Trill

Would love to see all these.

Now for a tiny nit-pick: Breen-Wayun in one of the DS9 episodes "The Changing Face of Evil" (Season 7) mentions how their planet isn't a frozen waste-land, it is in fact, quite comfortable.
    Which leaves Damar to wonder why they wear their suits.
    Sorry just the Trekkie in me :P

Anyway, back on topic, Ferenginar would be an awesome place to go.
    Trill would be nice.
    Wish they'd add to the Andorian homeworld.
    Can't remember if Khitomer was one of the planets in the LoR expansion (where you go to choose weather to go KDF or Fed). That'd be a great place to add a major/minor story as well, since it has a long history in Star Trek.
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how about planet bob!!!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited September 2013
    Can't remember if Khitomer was one of the planets in the LoR expansion (where you go to choose weather to go KDF or Fed). That'd be a great place to add a major/minor story as well, since it has a long history in Star Trek.

As a fellow Trek-fan there's something about Khitomer that never made sense to me the way it was presented in STO's own lore: in "The Path to 2409" it's revealed that the Klingons reconquered the planet from the Romulans in 2382. But that would mean the Romulans conquered it at some point before. Yet there was never any indication that they had done so. Only that they had conducted a raid, massacred the people on the outpost and then actually LEFT before the Intrepid arrived and saved Worf and his nurse. Did I miss anything there?:confused:
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There's a whole huge chunk of the Federation missing- a large sector block that would fit in between Sirius and Beta Ursae. This would contain Trill, Betazed, many other UFP members, and would probably share a border with the Ferengi Alliance. Possibly also border the Tzenkethi, so there's room for some juicy conflict in the region, too.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ferenginar would be a good planet to add. Smell the rotting vegetation and lounge by the rivers of muck.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Ferenginar would be a good planet to add. Smell the rotting vegetation and lounge by the rivers of muck.

and all the rain!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about adding the planet Omicron Persei 8 :D
  • pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    As a fellow Trek-fan there's something about Khitomer that never made sense to me the way it was presented in STO's own lore: in "The Path to 2409" it's revealed that the Klingons reconquered the planet from the Romulans in 2382. But that would mean the Romulans conquered it at some point before. Yet there was never any indication that they had done so. Only that they had conducted a raid, massacred the people on the outpost and then actually LEFT before the Intrepid arrived and saved Worf and his nurse. Did I miss anything there?:confused:

That's actually a good question, with a really good answer:
    Khitomer is a planet on the Klingon side of the Klingon/Romulan Boarder.
    According to my very thick, very heavy Star Trek Encyclopedia, there were constant fights over this planet.
    So STO's own lore in "The Path to 2409" could essentially be true.

To put it simply Voyager and crew return to earth in the year 2378.
    "Nemesis" takes place in 2379, and Romulus gets blown to bits in 2387.
    So sometime after Shinzon is killed, but before Romulus gets turned to dust, the Romulans and Klingons most likely had a bit of a skirmish, with Khitomer changing hands at least twice.

Edit: Dominion War ended in 2375, and even though during that time the Klingons and Romulans were "Allies", they still pretty much hated each other's guts (Enemy of my enemy is my friend, sort of thing). So it is possible a skirmish could have taken place some time after that.

Also, if you've played a KDF Character, you'll notice in First City, that some of the random NPC's will mention something along the lines of: "I can't believe there are Romulans here".

Even with LoR Expansion, you can tell by the dialogue (Greatly written I might add) that the KDF, and Romulans still don't really like each other.

I can keep researching, to see if there are any actual documentations of Romulans and Klingons fighting it out over the planet.

Hope this helps.
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool: