test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First meeting of the PvP Boot Camp Senate

kolln95kolln95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Boot Camp
Hey fellow delegates!

With great pride, I can announce the first meeting of the Boot Camp Senate.

It has been planned for a while, but due to the delay of other projects we have not owned the time to give the attention to the Senate what deserves. Nevertheless now the Senate is about to begin its operation.

Some of those fleets that have not signed up their delegates to participate in the Senate has still the chance to do so. The only thing you have to do at this time to send me an e-mail (that is written below) what includes the 2 delegates' @handles. This is a simple method to attend.

The first meeting will take place on 26th September (Saturday) at 22:30 PM in CEST (what is 16:30 PM in EDT), on the Boot Camp's TeamSpeak Server ( bootcamp.hgforces.hu:9988 )!

(Note: There you go a simple Time Converter to make sure when it will occur in your time.)

Here are the topics that ought to be discussed on the meeting:
- Election of the Speaker of The House,
- Discussion of the Ideals of the Senate,
- Discussion of the Purposes of the Senate,
- Discussion of the Rules of the Senate,
- Discussion of ideas (that some may own),
- Discussion of some Boot Camp organised games.

Some basic rules that must be observed during the meeting:
- The provisional Speaker of The House will be me (@Kolln) untill we elect someone from the delegates,
- The Senate's room will be secured by password and muted to follow the topics,
- To say something in connection with the topic that is currently under discussion, each delegate has to indicate their speaking intention to get permission to do so,
- Majority voting will be followed to decide anything in each matter.

If anyone had any question or further suggestion (in connection with the topics and/or the followed rules during the meeting), please feel free to send me to kolln@hgforces.hu !

Regards,

Hussar Guardian Forces
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kolln95 on

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Something is wrong with https://pvpbootcamp.squarespace.com/

Also, will you be emailing all the Senate Ambassadors, or do they have to keep tabs in this sub forum for Senate announcements?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • kolln95kolln95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do not know what is wrong with the Library, but yes I will send an in-game mail to them, to take allot at this thread. (When the Library goes up again, so I can save their @handles to send the mails)

Regards,

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What's the point of this? Half of the fleets there can't even put a premade together, and the other half aren't even PVP fleets. What the hell do they have to talk about for the betterment of PVP?

If you come back saying that it's not PVP exclusive then i'll happily point you towards groups that already exist within STO where some of the most anal, biggest and most well organized PVE fleets sit and talk on and on about stuff.

Cryptic doesn't care about your opinion, and they sure as hell don't need it. When I last asked for some assurances from BC about this all I got was a "Well let's just hope for the best" reply.

That's not enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited September 2013
    Nope, no reply at all?

How disheartening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Simmer down there nuh.

Best of luck pvpcamp
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
    edited September 2013
    Nope, no reply at all?

How disheartening.

If you want reply, then there you go:

I can only regret you and all of those "PvP players", who want this project to fall and I do mean here the whole Boot Camp.

You want this project to fall? Why?

What I can say: Congratulations guys, you who are PvP'ers, want PvP to fall... How stupid the people are...

What will lead to this? You think Cryptic will do something? If they did not, that is far away they will, PvP is not a ground of gold, they will not develop something that will not give back the value of what they put into it. This is a simple economy.

Regards,

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    kolln95 wrote: »
    If you want reply, then there you go:

I can only regret you and all of those "PvP players", who want this project to fall and I do mean here the whole Boot Camp.

You want this project to fall? Why?

What I can say: Congratulations guys, you who are PvP'ers, want PvP to fall... How stupid the people are...

What will lead to this? You think Cryptic will do something? If they did not, that is far away they will, PvP is not a ground of gold, they will not develop something that will not give back the value of what they put into it. This is a simple economy.

Regards,

I'm not seeing anything here that borders on a meaningful reply to my questions or concerns. Just a few sentences that paint me as some sort of PvP hater.

Having spent many long and in most cases boring hours in meetings trying to cut red tape, teaching students and such, i'd like to think i deserve a damn reply that doesn't just label me as a random and inaccurate demographic.

All in all, not very enlightening.

Until you include fleets that actually do PvP, i hope your expectations remain low.

If you believe a PvP Fleet Leader, PvP Tournament Organiser, PvP player and PvP Boot Camp Coach is just a random hater, i pitty the rest of the community that must get labeled as such too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    edited September 2013
    I'm not seeing anything here that borders on a meaningful reply to my questions or concerns. Just a few sentences that paint me as some sort of PvP hater.

Having spent many long and in most cases boring hours in meetings trying to cut red tape, teaching students and such, i'd like to think i deserve a damn reply that doesn't just label me as a random and inaccurate demographic.

Until you include fleets that actually do PvP, i hope your expectations remain low.

If you believe a PvP Fleet Leader, PvP Tournament Organiser, PvP player and PvP Boot Camp Coach is just a random hater, i pitty the rest of the community that must get labeled as such too...

Then one question:
    Why are you trying to make BC fall? Because as I see this is the only thing you are doing, when you were demoted because of the spam you created as I know, and after the occasion, you are just attacking BC with your comments, like the above-quoted...

Instead of making negative reviews, why dont you do something in case of PvP? or at least why don't try?

And if you want BC to fall, then why cant you post a comment with saying it straightly?

But to let you calm down, I say: this Senate will not even start. And this is an announce!

I think we have tried our best, most of the PvP players do not even support an initiative like this, but do attack it as I see. Or at least I am blind that I do not see the support we do not get.

If you cannot even understand that the decesion of the PvP revamp is far beyond on Cryptic, that is not my problem.

Regards,

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited September 2013

As far as I understand it... all fleets were welcome to send a representative. Fact is, I had hoped that more of the Big Name PvP Fleets would represented. Not to "rule the roost", but to provide their insight. To be sure, the large PvP Centric fleets have much more data and experience.

Edit: Rereading the original post, it also explains how to add you fleet to the list.

I have a few members of my fleet that PvP, along with myself, so decided to join the Senate in order to represent their interests. I, at no time, saw any fleet excluded from the Senate.

What do I hope to accomplish, I can't speak for Bootcamp, but I do know what I hope to accomplish, and why I joined. I would like to see a unified force that promotes PvP, Fair Play, etc...

Personally, I would like a discussion on what is broken, and have an agreed upon "bad form/sport" item/ability list. etc. Whether that will happen, unknown... is it something that can be enforced, I suppose thats up to the individual fleets who agree to such a list.

I do hope with this type of thing can work to unify the PvP community (albeit, I may have some pie in the sky day dreams going on).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This will be my last post on the forums.

BC was a player initiative that has always been for the growth of the community.

I wish the PvP community the best of luck with thinking it's somehow the private domain of the "best".

It's that attitude that pushes people away. Small groups of the "best" have been dictating their terms on the game for over two years. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the devs left themselves because of the incessant abuse.

There was a time that I sincerely thought of the PvP "community" as something worth fighting for or building on.

The Senate was never intended only for PVP. GOD forbid. It was intended on building the base of PVP. And get more people involved.

But tell you what, no more. You win. Sometimes walking away from a bad situation is a victory.
    edited September 2013
    But to let you calm down, I say: this Senate will not even start. And this is an announce!
    But tell you what, no more. You win. Sometimes walking away from a bad situation is a victory.

Am I reading this correctly? BC Senate has been disbanded before it started? Bootcamp itself disbanding?

Truthfully, I sincerely hope that this isn't the case.

• usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hey kolln,

i am sry for what has happened and i hope this is not the end of pvp bootcamp.

guess what? i would be rdy to support regarding coaching and all that stuff. and i will try to bring in some more experienced pvpers who are glad and encouraged to teach pvp newcomers and to be involved in pvp BC if you guys dont mind.

since you supported me in the tourney I owe you something :)

I hope it is not too late yet.

Regards Hanni.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
    edited September 2013
    I'm still interested in assisting with Bootcamp... more than happy to help.

edited September 2013
    Am I reading this correctly? BC Senate has been disbanded before it started? Bootcamp itself disbanding?

Truthfully, I sincerely hope that this isn't the case.

Unfortunately, yes. With 5-6 fleets the Senate has no reason to exist. However Boot Camp will not be disbanded untill I am in charge.
    hey kolln,

i am sry for what has happened and i hope this is not the end of pvp bootcamp.

guess what? i would be rdy to support regarding coaching and all that stuff. and i will try to bring in some more experienced pvpers who are glad and encouraged to teach pvp newcomers and to be involved in pvp BC if you guys dont mind.

since you supported me in the tourney I owe you something :)

I hope it is not too late yet.

Regards Hanni.

Never too late. I would greatly appriciate your and your folks' support.

Thank you very much guys, this is what we need, a simple comment of commitment and we see that what we are doing is for the greater.

Today I am going to release the first Stage's appointment and the registration thread. Please keep an eye on the sub forum! :)

Regards,

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunately, yes. With 5-6 fleets the Senate has no reason to exist. However Boot Camp will not be disbanded untill I am in charge.

Never too late. I would greatly appriciate your and your folks' support.

Thank you very much guys, this is what we need, a simple comment of commitment and we see that what we are doing is for the greater.

Today I am going to release the first Stage's appointment and the registration thread. Please keep an eye on the sub forum! :)

Regards,

you are welcome ;) kolln, I see what i can do and i am looking forward to it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is quite disappointing.

The whole reason PvP Boot Camp, and by extension the other initiatives like tournaments, Hilbert's leaderboard system, and the Senate, were to positively promote PvP in the game.

Seems like not all the PvP players are on board with this plan, Cryptic has done virtually nothing other than say "Good job!", and those who actively seek to undermine it are adding fuel to the fire.

It really is a shame. And those who are directly responsible for undermining our efforts: What would you do instead to promote PvP? I ask this in a serious manner, and I want a serious response.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its sad to hear stuff had to go this direction, I feel like PvP is back in the old state of 2/3 years ago, its probably never going to get better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is quite disappointing.

The whole reason PvP Boot Camp, and by extension the other initiatives like tournaments, Hilbert's leaderboard system, and the Senate, were to positively promote PvP in the game.

Seems like not all the PvP players are on board with this plan, Cryptic has done virtually nothing other than say "Good job!", and those who actively seek to undermine it are adding fuel to the fire.

It really is a shame. And those who are directly responsible for undermining our efforts: What would you do instead to promote PvP? I ask this in a serious manner, and I want a serious response.

This isn't a Democracy. Why have meetings to vote for stuff that won't help the game?

Get players pewing not talking about BS.

This is a MMO not cspan.

Thanks!
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dont know what is going on with the rest of the bootcamp now (I cant assist to meetings due to my lack of English) but I hope that this dont get disbanded.

Well, in other news.. tomorrow is going to be the final class of the Spanish second bootcamp and I can said that was a big success. I have to said thanks to kolln95 and drkfrontiers for their support.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We goin nowhere!

Sometimes we just need to step back, reevaluate the priorities and keep on going.

Thanks for all those that have faithfully supported us.
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think we should leave the bickering behind and move forward,

I understand Reg's views and I agree that Cryptic has long abandoned us, but I also agree with Kolin in a sense that if we give them an opportunity that PVP can actually make them money they may invest.

It is up to us to help others to develop their PVP and become part of the family that is PVP. We shouldn't be throwing our handbags everytime there is a dispute.

The ultimate goal is to develop PVP as best we can, we obviosuly cannot change the coding, but we can change new players to hopefully enjoy PVP and join the ranks, rather than get ROFLstomped everytime and Rage quit.

Put your differences aside, Frontier don't leave, you are throwing away all that hard work for nothing.

We should come together, whether your from a 'small' fleet or more 'Larger' fleet, we should involve fleets that aren't known for their PVP too and understand and help to come into PVP.

PVP is half the game not 1% of the game. We should remind people we exist and there is a community here rather than the endless STF's runs.

Come on guys and girls, come together as a community and get Cryptic to support us in time. Don't give up but look forward rather than dwelling on the past.
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
    edited October 2013
    g0h4n4 wrote: »
    I think we should leave the bickering behind and move forward,

I understand Reg's views and I agree that Cryptic has long abandoned us, but I also agree with Kolin in a sense that if we give them an opportunity that PVP can actually make them money they may invest.

It is up to us to help others to develop their PVP and become part of the family that is PVP. We shouldn't be throwing our handbags everytime there is a dispute.

The ultimate goal is to develop PVP as best we can, we obviosuly cannot change the coding, but we can change new players to hopefully enjoy PVP and join the ranks, rather than get ROFLstomped everytime and Rage quit.

Put your differences aside, Frontier don't leave, you are throwing away all that hard work for nothing.

We should come together, whether your from a 'small' fleet or more 'Larger' fleet, we should involve fleets that aren't known for their PVP too and understand and help to come into PVP.

PVP is half the game not 1% of the game. We should remind people we exist and there is a community here rather than the endless STF's runs.

Come on guys and girls, come together as a community and get Cryptic to support us in time. Don't give up but look forward rather than dwelling on the past.

This is exactly what i had hoped the Senate would be focused on.

• kngorkngor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The problem is, that the PvP BootCamp Senat never has the support of the well known PvP Fleets nor their respect to first let us try to change some things and shout with one Voice to Cryptic.
    Not all but many members of them are so ignorant to think that things will get better it they argue against any new Idea or to frustrate new players in PvP by killing them at the Spawn.
    My opinion is that they were scared about a growing new Community which have fun in fair Combats and that the bride light of Glory that shines around them would be not so bride anymore because nobody of the new Players will have respect without a good, fair fight.

So what can we do now? We've lost another fellow campaigner and so it go's on and on.
    We could hear at those fleet that are only complaining about how bad PvP is supported by Cryptic without a good unselfish idea to make anything better and do nothing or do we go on and support PvP BootCamp to so that PvP is much fun and a important part of STO?
    In my fleets and our partners we show our members that it is worth to fight for the idea PvP BootCamp stands for and we are gaining more and more new PvP Players which said... Shut up old man with no idea! We are doing PvP now and we want to learn more.

So please, all Players who are willing to play PvP tell it to your leaders and comrades, join PvP Bootcamp and if you were blown in a match... ask someone to help you and it will get better.

Ok, i have to write down this because i don't want to be frustrated by the game, i want to have fun and now i have it.

Q'apla

@Motzi
    =/\= 58. Geschwader - Fleet Admiral =/\=
    =/\= Vice Admiral |□|□|□| Andreas@Motzi =/\=
    =/\= Yan Isleth - yo' 'ai =/\=
    =/\= Lieutenant General |₳|₳|₳| K'ratak@Motzi =/\=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    For Starters Tyler Durden channel is a great place to start off, playing with other PVPERs old and new. You can learn alot from everyone.
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Honestly, the community has, ever since f2p, took a drastic spin. From people that actually want to learn to stubborn guys that only argue and don't want to listen to others (The majority being that way). They call others 'elitists' and what not, no respect for the last small group of old veteran (with veteran i mean guys that are still around playing for years) that are still left, and which are more then open to help others.

I can see why all of the efforts trying to be created here are doomed to failure before they are even set off from the ground. Hence why all the remaining small PvP fleets are mostly 'well known' and have alot of elder players in them. Perhaps thats the reason why non of these 'well known' fleets bother participating anymore.

Too much hate in this community.
    Just a thought.

Btw, Tyler Durden as Gohan mentioned before is the best player set initiative now, even more successful then bootcamp even imo. The only good matches are probably held there these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
    edited October 2013
    Honestly, the community has, ever since f2p, took a drastic spin. From people that actually want to learn to stubborn guys that only argue and don't want to listen to others (The majority being that way). They call others 'elitists' and what not, no respect for the last small group of old veteran (with veteran i mean guys that are still around playing for years) that are still left, and which are more then open to help others.

I can see why all of the efforts trying to be created here are doomed to failure before they are even set off from the ground. Hence why all the remaining small PvP fleets are mostly 'well known' and have alot of elder players in them. Perhaps thats the reason why non of these 'well known' fleets bother participating anymore.

Too much hate in this community.
    Just a thought.

Btw, Tyler Durden as Gohan mentioned before is the best player set initiative now, even more successful then bootcamp even imo. The only good matches are probably held there these days.

Real shame really why we can't put away our differences and advance our community in one direction instead of bickering.

But on another note, Tyler Durden is the shining hope for all PVPer old and new. Just jumped out of 2 very good Tyler durden matches.

1st one losing 8-2 and we managed to win like 15-14.

Second match we won 15-9, all very close matches and good spirited, no BS consoles and alot of ppl on Team speak which helped in coordination

Funny enough before I set up the TD matches today we (A few pugs from TD/OPVP) were in a semi premade against Ad infinatum in the Pug queues and I quickly called everyone to Team speak and most of the team did, I remember Teapower was there as well. Eventually beat the Ad Inf group plus 2 pugs effectively after losing 4-0 before Teamspeak.

Pretty good to see a group come together and rush to TS to support each other, rather than get Pugstomped.

There is some decency and collectiveness in the community. We need to keep this going and keep on with the good Tyler Durden Matches.