test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation system, help!

onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi folks,

Loving all the changes I've seen so far.

I'm a little stuck with the reputation system. I only had one project to add to it, the crystal shard one.

I've done a few entity missions but didn't get any shard as a reward.

Says I can't cancel or remove the project for the crystal shards and as it's the only 1 available to me, I'm kind of stuck.

Could someone educate me what I'm doing wrong please.

Thanks.
Post edited by onlineangel on

Comments

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Projects under the Events reputation are linked to temporary promotions in the game. Currently none of them are active.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That particular mission was limited time only. I have no clue why Cryptic would allow people to start projects that can't be completed immediately, but the crystal shards are still there. The ability to complete it will eventually come back though.

You'll have to wait 'til level 50 to unlock the real meat of the reputation system and other projects (or the CE event comes back).
  • onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Projects under the Events reputation are linked to temporary promotions in the game. Currently none of them are active.

So I can forget about this for the time being?
    Thanks appreciate the fast reply.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The shard is not longer available as a reward, since the event was finished, you can still do the PvE mission, but you only will get dilithium and some tholian marks.

The event might be back in the future but we don't know yet
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
    edited September 2013
    fftt wrote: »
    That particular mission was limited time only. I have no clue why Cryptic would allow people to start projects that can't be completed immediately, but the crystal shards are still there. The ability to complete it will eventually come back though.

You'll have to wait 'til level 50 to unlock the real meat of the reputation system and other projects (or the CE event comes back).

I'm level 50, but that's the only project available to me. Thought when I completed that one others might unlock.

Maybe my inactive level 50 is missing some missions I need completing to unlock more projects?
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you've spent the points to level 50, you should see some Omega, Nukara, and Romulan projects to start advancing your reputation. Did you check under those tabs?
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi folks,

Loving all the changes I've seen so far.

I'm a little stuck with the reputation system. I only had one project to add to it, the crystal shard one.

I've done a few entity missions but didn't get any shard as a reward.

Says I can't cancel or remove the project for the crystal shards and as it's the only 1 available to me, I'm kind of stuck.

Could someone educate me what I'm doing wrong please.

Thanks.
    Here's news for you on the Shard situation.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Here's news for you on the Shard situation.

Wow what a coincidence that they announce the event is coming back on the same day the OP posts.

As far as being level 50, make sure you've spent all your skill points, completed the promotion quest and all that jazz. There might be a mini mission\contact that you have to do that unlocks it all, idk
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    your question about no other project available I have many multiple toons and one I had not touched in many many months that is lvl 50 could not access the rep system either until I went back and did some of the new Klingon content. the tutorial and test your metal missions. after them it worked fine.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited September 2013
    fftt wrote: »
    If you've spent the points to level 50, you should see some Omega, Nukara, and Romulan projects to start advancing your reputation. Did you check under those tabs?

I see them now, didn't even notice those tabs. Thanks very much.
    edited September 2013
    Wow what a coincidence that they announce the event is coming back on the same day the OP posts.

Spooky eh lol