test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions for fleet leaders...

onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi folks,

I have some questions for any fleet leaders/owners/creators out there.

How are you guys setting up your fleet vault permissions, withdraw rights, etc.

i.e How many fleet vault tabs do you have? what permissions do you give?, do you sort items out by MK or common/rare etc. Do you only stock certain level of items? what kind of permissions do you give for withdrawal? including the energy credit vault.

Also before I went away I had the max number of fleet vault tabs, what is the max number now as it say's I can purchase another. (currently have 8, including the first with the energy credits attached)

How are you guys setting your fleet permissions up?

i.e There's 6 ranks not including the fleet leader, what permissions do you give to these.

Any info you can give on how you manage these things in your fleet would be greatly appreciated. Also how well it all works with the numbers in your fleet. Be it a large fleet with 100s or a smaller fleet with less.
Post edited by onlineangel on

Comments

• jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    Grab an alt and go fleet hopping, check the permissions tab and ask in the fleet chat. Be able to learn allot of different fleets methods that way.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Starfleet Reserve

Eight tabs is the limit on the Fleet Bank

The first tab is for general 'catch can' tab that is used for donations. Anyone can grab from it but most is junk; mostly sold for EC. The second tab is similar but used for batteries, hypos, commodities, etc.

Three tabs are devoted to rare MK XI gear and up - Consoles, Space Gear, Ground Gear. Players just hitting level 50 can request stuff from officer.

Two more tabs are devoted to crafting resources, although I dare say these are mostly used for Fleet Holding projects.

The last tab is our Vault, top shelf gear used for prize giveaways and fleet events.

Permission Wise:

Rank 1 - None; Recruit Rank where people are automatically promoted out of after being in Fleet for one week.

Rank 2-5: Access to all tabs but the vault and EC bank, w/ 'withdrawal' limits increasing with rank

Rank 6-7: Access to all including Vault and EC bank.

Hope that helps!
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Grab an alt and go fleet hopping, check the permissions tab and ask in the fleet chat. Be able to learn allot of different fleets methods that way.

Yeah, I'm going to make a new character and play through he game again, get familiar with stuff, wasn't sure if joining another fleet for a nosy would be acceptable though.

Probably try the Roms for this.
    edited September 2013
    wmcarson wrote: »
    The Starfleet Reserve

Eight tabs is the limit on the Fleet Bank

The first tab is for general 'catch can' tab that is used for donations. Anyone can grab from it but most is junk; mostly sold for EC. The second tab is similar but used for batteries, hypos, commodities, etc.

Three tabs are devoted to rare MK XI gear and up - Consoles, Space Gear, Ground Gear. Players just hitting level 50 can request stuff from officer.

Two more tabs are devoted to crafting resources, although I dare say these are mostly used for Fleet Holding projects.

The last tab is our Vault, top shelf gear used for prize giveaways and fleet events.

Permission Wise:

Rank 1 - None; Recruit Rank where people are automatically promoted out of after being in Fleet for one week.

Rank 2-5: Access to all tabs but the vault and EC bank, w/ 'withdrawal' limits increasing with rank

Rank 6-7: Access to all including Vault and EC bank.

Hope that helps!

This is great, just the kind of thing I was looking for, much appreciated.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    Ours is the first tab with the EC's is locked to fleet officers, the EC's themselves are limited by level. T2 and 20K per day on up per level. The slots themselves are reserved for high end goodies lik FSM's and MKXII purple consoles/weapons. those items are given away as a lottery during fleet meetings. Acess can be granted on a case by case basis, a 20 mil item might be allowed if the person requesting has donated atleast that much.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We have energy credits and data samples in the first tab. Decent withdraw amounts are locked to officers only. We are pretty laid back with the other items though, usually you can withdraw what you need. We do lock the first rank out of withdrawing anything though to prevent theft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Members pretty much have unrestricted access to everything. To date, no one has stolen our lockboxes yet. Probably because the only things in there are construction supplies, vendortrash, and lockboxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Thanks guys, much appreciate the info.
  • wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like most we have restrictions on the tabs.

Tab 1 - Fleet Shop - High Value Gear and EC- restricted to the bank managers and high ranking officers

Tab 2 - General tab anything and everything - unrestricted

Tab 3-7 broken into Ground and Space gear - Tab for consoles,

Tab 8 - Data Samples

All tabs except the general have a maximum withdraw of 3 items per day.

Hope this helps
    Wixi
    Wixiban.png
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We have one tab for donated equipment. Anyone can put whatever they want in there, withdrawals are limited. The understanding is, gear can be taken out by a Quartermaster and sold at any time with the proceeds going into the fleet bank.

EC's can be deposited by anybody. Nobody can withdraw it except fleet leadership or, within limits, a Quartermaster.

We have one tab set aside for unlimited trade. Anyone can put in or take out whatever they want. It's a "use at own risk" tab, not meant for long-term storage. It's to facilitate moving equipment between characters and/or players.

We have one tab for fleet projects. Unlimited deposit, limited withdrawals.

We have a tab for supplies (food, commodities). Withdrawals are limited.

We have a tab for research (anomalies, schematics). Limited withdrawals.

We have a "special armory" tab for rare items and consumables. Deposits and withdrawals are strictly limited. (Withdrawal is pretty much by approved request only, really).

And we have two equipment tabs, one for low-level gear and one for high-level gear. Common stuff is not supposed to be put in these (but sometimes ends up there anyway... sigh). And... wait for it... withdrawals are limited.

The limits are based on fleet rank. I'm not going to go into specifics there.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The biggest problem with our fleet bank is that people fill it up with rubbish.

Just because something is a very rare mk XII dosnt mean any one should ever be encouraged to use it.

There is a lot of stuff in STO that simply isn't very good, and this is reflected by their prices on the exchange.

When some one gets a very rare mk XII item, goes to sell it and finds it less valuable then a small bag of rocks they invariably dump it in the fleet bank. Because people don't like deleting or selling things to an npc, when those things have a purple background.

Then they sit in the fleet bank taking up space because people would rather use useful white mk XI stuff then useless purple mk XII stuff.

So my advice to fleets is to give some one the job of quartermaster and give them a list of what's worth keeping. Then they can purge everything else.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Delta Task Force Fleet bank:

- The Delta's fleet bank is based on a "Give and Take" system. If you want to take items, also be so kind to deposit items.
    - This doesn't have to be immediately after taking an item
    - Depositing energy credits instead of items is also accepted
    - This rule is to prevent people from looting the fleet bank
    - The repositories all have different access. The descriptions and access follow below. Access that a rank unlocks, is never revoked in higher ranks.

- The Low Mark Ground area is for Blue and Purple ground items below mark X
    . Ensigns have access with a max of 2 items each day
    . Commanders can take 4 items each day
    . Commodores have unlimited access
    - The Low Mark Space area is for Blue and Purple space items below mark X
    . Ensigns have access with a max of 2 items each day
    . Commanders can take 4 items each day
    - The Blue Ground High Mark area is for Blue ground items of Mark X or above
    . Ensigns have access with a max of 1 item each day
    . Commanders can take 2 items each day
    . Captains can take 4 items each day
    -The Blue Space High Mark area is for Blue Space items of Mark X or above
    . Ensigns have access with a max of 1 item each day
    . Commanders can take 2 items each day
    . Captains can take 4 items each day
    - The Purple Ground High Mark area is for Purple ground items
    . Ensigns don't have access to this repository
    . Commanders can take 1 item each day
    . Captains can take 2 items each day
    - The Purple Space High Mark area is for Purple space items
    . Commanders can take 1 item each day
    . Captains can take 2 items each day
    - The Crafting area is for all kind of data samples and Unreplicateable materials
    . Commanders can take 50 items each day
    . To withdraw from stacks larger than 50 items, press the Ctrl key: this allows you to withdraw any . desired number, as long as it is below the daily cap
    - The Admirals area is for special fleet rewards and special items
    - Ensigns to Commodores don't have access to this repository
    - Rear Admirals can withdraw 1 item each day
    - Vice Admirals have unlimited access to this repository
    - The fleet banks energy credits are for the Admirals
    . Rear Admirals can withdraw 100.000 energy credits each day
    . Vice Admirals can withdraw 1.000.000 energy credits each day

With the fleet ranks being:
    Ensign - Commander - Captain (also max rank for alts) - Commodore - Rear Admiral (max 6) - Vice Admiral (max 4) - Fleet Admiral (max 2)

that came from my fleet website's rules part: http://delta-task-force.webs.com/rules

So in short:
    - Low Mark Ground - Below mark X of blue/purple quality
    - Low Mark Space - Below mark X of blue/purple quality
    - High Mark Ground Blue - mark X or above blue quality
    - High Mark Space Blue - mark X or above blue quality
    - High Mark Ground Purple - mark X or above Purple quality
    - High Mark Space Purple - mark X or above Purple quality
    - Crafting
    - Admirals bank - stuff we use as rewards for Fleet Events
    Access grows when promoted, which is reached by donation, registering on the Fleet Website and being active on TeamSpeak.

Hope to have been helpful!
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2013
    Thanks guys, much appreciate the info.

Hey Onlineangel... me again... If you rather join a stable fleet rather than going through the process of creating a new one, you should hit me in-game and I'd be more than happy to walk you trough everything there is to Fleets and the new changes... :)
    edited September 2013
    Thanks folks, you've all been very helpful.