test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paint Jobs aren't working?

hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
So recently I have been leveling a new Reman and have noticed that on most of my Romulan ships I can put paint jobs on them but they are only Black and cannot be changed. You can change the color but it has no effect on the actual look.

On my older character's T'Varo the paint is stuck in Red instead and I cannot change it to anything else either.

Of course the Scimitar does not seem to accept any sort of paint job period. Not even the stuck in black paint job will show up on the Scimitar.

Is this happening for Non-Romulan ships as well? Is anyone else also having this problem?
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ship tailor is bugged. When editing a ship: Click a base configuration on the left, for example: Galaxy/Celestial... etc. Then select the colors you want to use, then go to the advanced tab and - change ship parts manually if you wish - apply patterns to the hull. Done! :)
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    auricius wrote: »
    Ship tailor is bugged. When editing a ship: Click a base configuration on the left, for example: Galaxy/Celestial... etc. Then select the colors you want to use, then go to the advanced tab and - change ship parts manually if you wish - apply patterns to the hull. Done! :)

I will give it a shot. Does it work on the Scimitar? Because I have never gotten that to paint at all so far.
  • auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    Does it work on the Scimitar?

No clue as I don't own any of those ships yet, but technically it should work for every ship. :)

I have had success editing the livery on my Orion ships for example and they don't have any other parts to chose from in the first place. Beware that paintjobs look rather subtle on some ships, but I believe you could at least paint the wings on a Scimitair.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No clue as I don't own any of those ships yet, but technically it should work for every ship. :)

I have had success editing the livery on my Orion ships for example and they don't have any other parts to chose from in the first place. Beware that paintjobs look rather subtle on some ships, but I believe you could at least paint the wings on a Scimitair.

It was able to get it to work for the Vet ship (who does not have a "Basic Model") by having it randomize.

Still have not tried it on my Scimitar but in the past not a single bit of livery would show on those no matter what you did. I will check it out and if it works on that I will post saying so. Thank you again for the work-around.
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I'll have to try that. This has been annoying me since LoR, especially since it wasn't consistent.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    It was able to get it to work for the Vet ship (who does not have a "Basic Model") by having it randomize.

Still have not tried it on my Scimitar but in the past not a single bit of livery would show on those no matter what you did. I will check it out and if it works on that I will post saying so. Thank you again for the work-around.
    I was able to customize the scimitar, but I had to randomize/select a template to do that. I don't remember exactly how.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]