test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Twisted Suggestion

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Any team kills while under AMS... count as kills for the team under AMS!

Do you have any twisted suggestions? ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any team kills while under AMS... count as kills for the team under AMS!

Great idea, and while we are at it, for the Voth Reputation System Tier IV passive: Sensor Targetting Assault Feedback Loop. To any target that uses Sensor Targetting Assault against your ship. 100% chance to apply 7,500 kinetic damage (100% shield penetration) and Auxiliary Offline Mode for 8 seconds.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great idea, and while we are at it, for the Voth Reputation System Tier IV passive: Sensor Targetting Assault Feedback Loop. To any target that uses Sensor Targetting Assault against your ship. 100% chance to apply 7,500 kinetic damage (100% shield penetration) and Auxiliary Offline Mode for 8 seconds.

How about Sensor Targeting Assault backlash? You crit somebody, you can't see anybody...

But instead of having to earn the reputation, you have to unearn it! ;)
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When you use subspace jump, it automatically activates ramming speed and locks you on course for you target, while giving them immunity to kinetic damage from your ramming speed. :rolleyes:

Vile, I know.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about Sensor Targeting Assault backlash? You crit somebody, you can't see anybody...

But instead of having to earn the reputation, you have to unearn it! ;)

Watch as you see the number of builds relying on Critical Hits diminish overnight haha.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited September 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    When you use subspace jump, it automatically activates ramming speed and locks you on course for you target, while giving them immunity to kinetic damage from your ramming speed. :rolleyes:

Vile, I know.

Heh, would be funny if that was a proc...lol.
    edited September 2013
    Watch as you see the number of builds relying on Critical Hits diminish overnight haha.

Heh, think about the Roms with their BOFFs, eh? Do they get rid of them while working off the reputation to use them again....buy more slots to keep them...?
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Hmmm...

Any AMS'd or SS'd torpedoes get returned to sender? lol

but as a side note...Can photonic fleet be AMS or SS? I've never noticed..and my main is Sci...lol

EDIT: wow this got me thinking.... next time I see someone start a thalaron blast I'm going to use AMS and see what happens lol
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Corbomite: Device, infinite use, 60 second CD, lasts for 60 seconds (and is a blue buff, so it can't be SNB'd off)

100% for any damage that you receive from any source to be returned at the exact same amount (100% bleedthrough, ignores all resists), including other corbomite hits.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Abandon ship does 100k kinetic damage to all targets within a 5km radius.
    edited September 2013
    Some of it, twisted things, kind of started with what Thissler said about our multiple rolls instead of a single roll. Course, senile as I am - can't remember if I said it in that thread or not.

Critical Miss <-> Miss <-> Hit <-> Critical Hit

As a single hit roll...

The "Critical Miss"...heh...could bring new meaning to Beam Overload, eh? High Yield? DPB?

What if DOFFs had a 0.5% or even less proc for something bad to happen - whether the opposite of what they're supposed to do or just something related to the type...eh?

WCE(Power)...instead of giving power, drains power...oopsie!
    Tech(AtB)...instead of reducing CDs, increases CDs...oopsie!
    DCE(AtS)...instead of a HoT, a DoT!
    Entertainer...heh, instead of reducing the enemy perception - reduces the player's percetion...oopsie, the Entertainer dropped a Party Amp on the bridge in the middle of combat!
    edited September 2013
    bobtheyak wrote: »
    Abandon ship does 100k kinetic damage to all targets within a 5km radius.

Heh, a step toward...friendly fire?

We can get caught in the splash of our targetable torps/mines...what if our friends could, eh?

Dropping EWP...dropping the ewpsie! ;)
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Overcapping power results in a 2.5% chance of Catastrophic Overload dealing damage to yourself and everyone around you, and disabling the affected subsystem. XD Come on, how many times have you seen consoles on the bridge explode from overloads in the series?

As BO, THY, and TS are held, they have an increasing chance to fail and accidentally discharge/lose the charge/blow up.

AMS, Warp Plasma, TIF and Grav Pulse affect friendlies even when not scrambled.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Overcapping power results in a 2.5% chance of Catastrophic Overload dealing damage to yourself and everyone around you, and disabling the affected subsystem. XD

Actually, would be funnier for that proc if your ship, when the proc occurred, instantly exploded in a 5km radius blast that deals 100k damage to everyone, and the visual effect is the Romulan destabilized torpedo, in whatever color your weapons are.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited September 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Actually, would be funnier for that proc if your ship, when the proc occurred, instantly exploded in a 5km radius blast that deals 100k damage to everyone, and the visual effect is the Romulan destabilized torpedo, in whatever color your weapons are.

Would it be going too far...for it to be slightly delayed...escape shuttles leaving the ship, but getting caught in the blast? No escape for you!
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    FAW has a proc chance of instead of triggering wild beam fire at random targets your helms man reports that he shot your first officer.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Random chance for Captains with Inspirational Leader using Boarding Party to transfer the Captain to the shuttle...

...think of it as just leading another away team! All the other Captains are doing it! ;)
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another outgrowth from explosive consoles in the series:

50% chance when being fired upon for a bridge console to explode and disable a bridge officer.
    edited September 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Another outgrowth from explosive consoles in the series:

50% chance when being fired upon for a bridge console to explode and disable a bridge officer.

Hey, that's not twisted! Can have 3500 crew die on a Jem Dread...but the 6 folks on the bridge are always fine? ;)
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Using any power (Captain, BOff, otherwise) uses dilithium. It drains first from your refined pool, then your unrefined pool.

Don't worry, though, you can buy a special (limited duration) commodity from the Zen store for just 250 zen which will reduce the amount of dilithium expended by 33%.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey, that's not twisted! Can have 3500 crew die on a Jem Dread...but the 6 folks on the bridge are always fine? ;)

Instead of bracing for impact they Jumped ship for Impact
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • renimaltrenimalt Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Overhealing a ship has a chance to cause the shield generator/warp core to critically overload.
    - This chance is equal to the amount of overheal as a percentage of maximum hp. (i.e. if you send a 6k hull heal to a ship that has 49k hull out of 50k max, there's a 5k / 50k = 10% chance of causing an overload.)
    - Each tick of healing from a HoT has a separate chance to trigger an overload.
    - An overloaded shield generator discharges in a 90 degree, 5km cone of energy and instantly drains that facing; any ship in this cone receives a single-facing shield heal equal to the overloaded shield's max value.
    - Overloaded warp cores explode in a 10km burst of restoration; all ships in range receive a hull heal equal to the max hull of the overloaded ship. The overloaded ship, naturally, loses all of its hull.
    - Heals from overloading ships can trigger further overloads.

That'll teach those annoying healers to watch who they help!
    Resist viewer! See shield/hull resists! Read about it here!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Romulans only:

.01% chance that anytime you go into Red Alert, for one of your BOFFs to commit treachery and kill your captain character. The new captain is a tac, sci, or engy depending on the BOFF that it was, and is automatically level 50, but you are required to re-grind reps. You also need a new BOFF to replace the one that just became the captain.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmm, twisted suggestions...

Make the NX Class Grappling Hook, Boarding Parties and Orion Slavers each have a small chance to return a COPY of somebodies ship item to the skill originator. I,e they could come home with a copy of a console, or some of the devices, or a weapon etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh i got another one:

Instead of ships blowing up once you hit 0, they are more likely to drift in space like ticking warpcore bombs before randomly blowing up, doing damage to anyone within 10km, and also knocking out everyones selected target for a few seconds, much like being in that nebula on Vault Ensnared...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited September 2013
    Oh i got another one:

Instead of ships blowing up once you hit 0, they are more likely to drift in space like ticking warpcore bombs before randomly blowing up, doing damage to anyone within 10km, and also knocking out everyones selected target for a few seconds, much like being in that nebula on Vault Ensnared...

Hrmm, that would be kind of cool - not sure about the 10km, mind you (5km each side, for a total of 10km or 10km each side?)...but instead of the instant explosion, that delayed drift explosion - maybe even multiple explosions from larger ships.
  • smatty1smatty1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Give all sci ships Automated Feedback Pulse Generator that will activate when the ship is hit with a Beam Overload. The damage done by the AFBPG would be 3x the incoming BO damage with 99% shield pen and and ignores 99% resistance. It could also have a 50% chance to inflict 50% of the damage to any enemy ships within 10 km.

:D
    edited September 2013
    Upgrade the Borg in Ker'rat to ESTF/Red Alert Borg...introduce Ship Wounds...

...add Assimilate Crew, so that the Borg have the chance to take over the ship like they do a character on Ground.
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Upgrade the Borg in Ker'rat to ESTF/Red Alert Borg...introduce Ship Wounds...

...add Assimilate Crew, so that the Borg have the chance to take over the ship like they do a character on Ground.

Oh God no, the borg running around with my Insta vape build, vaping the poor PVE players lol

Somehow I misplaced the Abandon ship icon....
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Proc: Rotate shield frequency also rotates the ship like a spinning top. Optional - any ballerina music is played along.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor