test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Place to leave feedback / write up on a fleet

jgbr00jgbr00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Hello

Is there a place in the forums to leave a review of a fleet or is it something that has to be done externally?

Thanks
SRS - Fisher
ADM Board, Whitehall, London - United Federation of Planets
http://www.srs-fleet.net/
Post edited by jgbr00 on

Comments

• Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2013
    I am not aware that there is a place on the forum to review a fleet or report your experiences.

But so far these threads were mostly just a lot of crying, bashing or hollow praise, so please reconsider if you really want to start such a thread.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also be careful... there are specific rules about naming and shaming... at the very least the thread will be closed and possibly deleted... at the worst, you can get your account banned.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    are you trying to do a promotional review as advertising/recruiting ?

or review based upon personal experiences being in one ?
    edited September 2013
    Hello

I understand the pitfuls of writing a personal experience of a fleet and of course the implications of the internet but I just had such a bad experience (not my fault) I wanted to get my story out there. Not sure what to do as its a dangerous grey area!

Thanks
    SRS - Fisher
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Hi there!

If you're going to actually name the fleet, I suggest you don't as it would be considered "naming and shaming". If you have a general experience to share, that should be okay to post in this sub-forum :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    my advice: ( no I'm not a professional therapist, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn )

live and learn and move on...... then forget it.

and dont be afraid to try another..... not all fleets are evil. ;):rolleyes:

( but please, do tell us in general terms if it involves Orions, Romulan Ale, and tribbles with chains on them....)
    edited September 2013
    jgbr00 wrote: »
    Hello

I understand the pitfuls of writing a personal experience of a fleet and of course the implications of the internet but I just had such a bad experience (not my fault) I wanted to get my story out there. Not sure what to do as its a dangerous grey area!

Thanks

Best advise - chalk it up to a learning experience and move on with the game - there are lots of good fleets out there if you are looking for one - check below in the fleet recruitment section.

If this is to complain about a particular fleets bad behaviour in game - file a GM ticket. Really all that will happen here is a naming and shaming war will take place and one of the community mods or Branflakes will have to remove the thread.

edit :Duh - ninja'd
  • Options
    jgbr00jgbr00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello

Thankyou for the advice. I understand alot more now the problems with the Internet when it comes to issues such as this.

I've been merrily playing the game since beta non stop and never had an issue untill this specific fleet and felt so grieved by it that I didn't want others to fall for the same trap and/or that it was ethically right to get an experience out there and provide both sides to an "image"
    SRS - Fisher
This discussion has been closed.