Install Arc
Options

Tour the Universe cooldown change -- 4 hour cooldown added *now in patch notes*

Comments

• Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    l9of20 wrote: »
    Yea. Like this issue. I bet you that is was some stupid life member who actually complained and said they were going to cancel and revoke the charges and blah blah blabidy blah if the tour wasnt nerfed like it was.

I'll take that bet.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    It should remain active. I have been playing much less recently, and while not the only reason, this stealth nerf to an event I enjoyed to fix a nonproblem did play a bit of a role. Cryptic's reaction was a completely unjustified reaction and while they said they would listen, the fact is they did not and failed to implement a proper and reasonable fix. Consequently, I have failed to buy anything from them since. Failure breeds more failure, or so the saying goes...

Rumor has it that several moderators tried to close this topic, but that is was reopened at the request of several Universities for Applied Psychology as a study object for the correlation between the internet and diminishing cranial capacity.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I'll take that bet.
    Yeah, I know what happens when people do that... they get banned for life.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've still yet to see anything that wasn't already losing value come down in cost of EC's. All the nerf did was cause f2p player's and new player's grief in being able to generate EC's easily. Forcing people to try and lower their prices isn't working to well there Cryptic if that was your intent, instead items potentially cost more or take longer to sell thereby reducing the amount of zen purchases for those looking to make some money.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What, don't you know? That's gonna take a loooong time. Months, years, or something like that - you won't even remember this ever happened by the time the exchange becomes all wonderful, and everyone who's not a TRIBBLE entitled whiner like us is finally vindicated.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited September 2013
    I've still yet to see anything that wasn't already losing value come down in cost of EC's. All the nerf did was cause f2p player's and new player's grief in being able to generate EC's easily. Forcing people to try and lower their prices isn't working to well there Cryptic if that was your intent, instead items potentially cost more or take longer to sell thereby reducing the amount of zen purchases for those looking to make some money.

'misery accomplished' cryptic? yesiree :rolleyes:
  • Options
    o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2013
    How in good gravy is this thread still going, and, largely, on topic?

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    o1derfull1 wrote: »

Every dog has it's day!!! A blue moon must have been out!!! A winter storm landed in hell!!! You get the picture ;)
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    o1derfull1 wrote: »

Doff prices are tumbling ,
    Blue & Purple vendor trash prices are tumbling ,
    NADORC's award prices are tumbling ,
    EC is becoming harder to get ,
    Lockbox ship prices on the exchange are staying the same .

Yeah , so why is this thread still open ? :rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    NADORC's award prices are tumbling
    And this is bad? I suppose it is if you are trying to sell. Good news if you are trying to buy. Or, maybe the change to the tour is having the intended effect.
    Lockbox ship prices on the exchange are staying the same.

Just a matter of time before these start coming down too.
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Rumor has it that several moderators tried to close this topic, but that is was reopened at the request of several Universities for Applied Psychology as a study object for the correlation between the internet and diminishing cranial capacity.

Present company included :eek: the above might suffer from a severe case of NPD Narcissistic personality disorder. Classical :cool:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    edited September 2013
    NADORC's award prices are tumbling ,
    EC is becoming harder to get ,
    Lockbox ship prices on the exchange are staying the same .

Yeah , so why is this thread still open ? :rolleyes:;)
    Actually... at least some of those have more to do with other factors than the Tour.

Doffs started to fall when the Cell ship was released.

the stuff related to crafting Mk12 consoles has been dropping since they introduced the fleet holdings with their even better consoles.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Originally Posted by aelfwin1
    Lockbox ship prices on the exchange are staying the same.
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Just a matter of time before these start coming down too.

Like Cryptic's promises of content -- I'll believe that when I see it .

Actually... at least some of those have more to do with other factors than the Tour.

Doffs started to fall when the Cell ship was released.

the stuff related to crafting Mk12 consoles has been dropping since they introduced the fleet holdings with their even better consoles.

Perhaps , but it is a combined effect with the Tour , Embassy/Mine consoles , new Doff packs , more and more ppl using the Foundry in desperation to get some EC , no matter how low they drive the market .

But hey it's all good for Cryptic , as with all the strangled EC production , some will be desperate enough to buy some more keys to supplement their lack of EC ... -- as the Lockbox ships will not be coming down in prices .
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Perhaps , but it is a combined effect with the Tour , Embassy/Mine consoles , new Doff packs , more and more ppl using the Foundry in desperation to get some EC , no matter how low they drive the market .

But hey it's all good for Cryptic , as with all the strangled EC production , some will be desperate enough to buy some more keys to supplement their lack of EC ... -- as the Lockbox ships will not be coming down in prices .
    Yeah.... it's a conspiracy to make zen and not the devs doing game balance.... right...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah.... it's a conspiracy to make zen and not the devs doing game balance.... right...

One man's ballance is another man's stranglehold .
    Nothing new in economics there . :)

And speaking of 'balance' , where is that happening exactly ?
    Did a zero drop from the cost of all items -- now with less EC being available ?
    Nope .
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So... A Romulan faction with unique missions to level from 1-40 and new KDF tutorial and missions doesn't count as 'content'?? LOL. Sure, players will chew through content way faster than they can make it, but it's laughable to say that they haven't delivered ANY new content. I suppose de-Nile ain't just a river in Egypt.
    -- as the Lockbox ships will not be coming down in prices .
    And you can promise this how? It all depends on how much EC is taken out of the system, if at all. If the net EC in the STO economy doesn't actually decrease, then of course prices will not come down. If players find other ways to generate EC that replaces what they were making through the tour, then there is unlikely to be any change.
    edited September 2013

So... A Romulan faction with unique missions to level from 1-40 and new KDF tutorial and missions doesn't count as 'content'??

New PVP maps ? Nope . Adventure zones .
    New STF's ? Nope . Adventure zones .
    New FE's ? Nope . Adventure zones .
    New Foundry updates ? Nope . Adventure zones .

And guess what ?
    Nukara , Defara , Nimbus , New Romulus are just not enough .
    Next update : Adventure zone .

So get ready to get exited as Cryptic does it again ... .
    See , there is content and there is content ... , and not all content is good , especially when so many neglected facets of the game exist .

And you can promise this how ?

Rules of Acquisition #10: Greed is eternal. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    New PVP maps ? Nope . Adventure zones .
    New STF's ? Nope . Adventure zones .
    New FE's ? Nope . Adventure zones .
    New Foundry updates ? Nope . Adventure zones .

And guess what ?
    Nukara , Defara , Nimbus , New Romulus are just not enough .
    Next update : Adventure zone .

So get ready to get exited as Cryptic does it again ... .
    See , there is content and there is content ... , and not all content is good , especially when so many neglected facets of the game exist .

Ohhhhh... so since it's not content that YOU personally want/enjoy, it doesn't count as 'content'. I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. :)
    Rules of Acquisition #10: Greed is eternal. :)
    Greed is eternal, but only in context of what the market will bear. Just because I am greedy doesn't mean I can list a hypo for 1 mill EC and expect it to sell. When the supply of EC isn't there anymore, doesn't matter how 'greedy' a seller is.
    edited September 2013
    Ohhhhh... so since it's not content that YOU personally want/enjoy, it doesn't count as 'content'. I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Greed is eternal, but only in context of what the market will bear. Just because I am greedy doesn't mean I can list a hypo for 1 mill EC and expect it to sell. When the supply of EC isn't there anymore, doesn't matter how 'greedy' a seller is.

'Holier than thou' players who were never in the mood for the touring event have absolutely no right to comment about it, and furthermore no right to speak to the level of content and enjoyment we as actual players of the tour got from being challenged to improve our ships to speeds those same critics could only dream of achieving, thus they convinced cryptic to nerf the event so that they would feel better than those they jealously imposed this discriminatory act upon.

I say bring back the tour the way it was BEFORE the nerfing, and let the whiners who choose not to participate keep their hateful spite of this event to themselves!

:P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    'Holier than thou' players who were never in the mood for the touring event have absolutely no right to comment about it, and furthermore no right to speak to the level of content and enjoyment we as actual players of the tour got from being challenged to improve our ships to speeds those same critics could only dream of achieving, thus they convinced cryptic to nerf the event so that they would feel better than those they jealously imposed this discriminatory act upon.

I say bring back the tour the way it was BEFORE the nerfing, and let the whiners who choose not to participate keep their hateful spite of this event to themselves!

Guess that shut them up.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Spite? really? I've done the tour many times, but the strategy of only doing a few sectors then dropping it and restarting needed to be quashed.

And ponder this: If you're really that fast, then you can do it in however many minutes and spend the rest of the hour doing Elite STFs....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Spite? really? I've done the tour many times, but the strategy of only doing a few sectors then dropping it and restarting needed to be quashed.

And ponder this: If you're really that fast, then you can do it in however many minutes and spend the rest of the hour doing Elite STFs....

Perhaps I wish to spend the ENTIRE hour doing tour, and I did it in the legitimate fashion of the completing the full course each time.

Why did cryptic think it necessary to penalize such players for a few others that cheated by running a subset of the whole race. Couldn't cryptic instead have figured out a way to block cheaters AND allow legitimate players to do the race as many times as possible within the hour the tour is hosted? :D

I only ask this with the honest intent of returning the tour to the event that it once was, which for now is just a fantasy. Why won't you consider that there are other possibilities to how this could have been fixed that would not have resulted in so much anger and animosity towards the developers.
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2013
    Before you used to always know when tour the universe was on as there were ships speeding through the sectors on carefully chosen paths for a full hour. It gave a good feeling of community especially with people hanging around wolf359 to give DI and RP to people.

Now, almost no-one is flying around, certainly no mass exodus of starships. For that reason alone they should bring it back as this nerd is just detrimental to the community spirit.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    Before you used to always know when tour the universe was on as there were ships speeding through the sectors on carefully chosen paths for a full hour. It gave a good feeling of community especially with people hanging around wolf359 to give DI and RP to people.

Now, almost no-one is flying around, certainly no mass exodus of starships. For that reason alone they should bring it back as this nerd is just detrimental to the community spirit.

yeah, kind of sad cryptic did that to their loyal base. :confused:
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Perhaps I wish to spend the ENTIRE hour doing tour, and I did it in the legitimate fashion of the completing the full course each time.

Why did cryptic think it necessary to penalize such players for a few others that cheated by running a subset of the whole race. Couldn't cryptic instead have figured out a way to block cheaters AND allow legitimate players to do the race as many times as possible within the hour the tour is hosted? :D

I only ask this with the honest intent of returning the tour to the event that it once was, which for now is just a fantasy. Why won't you consider that there are other possibilities to how this could have been fixed that would not have resulted in so much anger and animosity towards the developers.

I can only think that it's some kind of stupid Eastern market thing, telling us when we want to play.

I wonder if it actually is profitable over there or if everyone just plays less like over here and they end up with a lot less money and are too stupid to realize it?
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bring it back in its full glory, but change the reward to something else, something unique. Bring back Marks of Exploration, and they can be used to buy special transwarp beacons, driver coil boost consumables or cosmetic ship items.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What I would've done was give the full payout only upon completing a full circuit, rather than paying upon completing a government's territory with a bonus at the end. If you had sectors left over when time ran out, you would get a partial payout.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Bring it back in its full glory, but change the reward to something else, something unique. Bring back Marks of Exploration, and they can be used to buy special transwarp beacons, driver coil boost consumables or cosmetic ship items.

Exactly! like only issuing the rewards at a) when the entire race is completed, or b) in the case of a partial complete, ONLY when the event ends. hence, this would nerf the cheaters and allow legit players to repeat it more than once. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    still refusing to tour until the devs un-nerf the event, besides this is the second full day with no tour at all in just the past week.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    where's the tour today eh? ;)
This discussion has been closed.