test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wanted: DOFF Storage Facility

longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
... because I don't want to (ab)use mail/exchange just to shuffle my DOFFs around.

Even if DOFF trade/selling shall be encouraged, DOFF management is often quite painful when you are close to the limit. This can happen even with 400 DOFFs.

The results are known, some people stored excessive amounts of DOFFs and all other kinds of items in the mail before it got limited.

Think of the JHAS promo in combo with the DOFFpacks. Would have opened some more but didn't want to throw away DOFFs like there is no tomorrow and even Starbase DOFF projects were filled during this time extremely quickly.

-> We got the Account Bank and it made things a lot more convenient. Now I would like to request a similar DOFF storage for a modest number of DOFFs:

The DOFF Cryostasis chamber. For 10 DOFFs, up to X for $$$. This could be a fleet or personal project.
Post edited by longasc on

Comments

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd save up as many stipends as it took to buy a doff storage add-on to my account bank, so I don't have to mail them
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree, there needs to be some kind of DOFF storage for starbases.

And if I may be bold to go on a tangent................Pet / Tribble Storage as well.
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2013
    Fourth-ded. This would be immensely beneficial and helpful. Yet perhaps, they specifically do not implement this because they don't WANT you storing doffs in this manner. Maybe they want you to be forced to expand your roster or put them on the exchange for the economy.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • luchoortizluchoortiz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The problem is, once the doff craze for SB dies down, it becomes another doff hoarding mechanism. If you limit it to common ones then fine.
    edited September 2013
    By the way, if you have 400 doffs slots and have problems, you need to learn better management. You can farm about 100 white doffs every two days (if the RNG doesnt totally hate you) and just dump them on SB projects or sell them And there is hardly need to keep more than 200 purples unless you collect them like Pokemon.
    edited September 2013
    luchoortiz wrote: »
    By the way, if you have 400 doffs slots and have problems, you need to learn better management. You can farm about 100 white doffs every two days (if the RNG doesnt totally hate you) and just dump them on SB projects or sell them And there is hardly need to keep more than 200 purples unless you collect them like Pokemon.

Um, that was the original intention of the DOFF system.......... to collect them and to trade them.

And having 400 DOFF is lack-of-management? Excuse me? There are plenty of us who spent years improving our collection of DOFFs where we have 400 Very Rare and Unique DOFFs, and it gets harder with the introduction of new DOFF packs. So you sir don't have the right to tell people that they don't know how to manage our DOFF system because of how the game was designed.

Also, don't double post. That's what the edit button is for.
    edited September 2013
    Also, I don't have 400 roster spots. The zen cost is prohibitive and I can't justify spending 8400 zen (4 different toons) just to have increased capacity to store white doffs that I will never use for missions. I don't need more active roster spots, I need bulk storage.

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *walks into work on Monday*

"Hi, glad you're on time this morning. Look, we're a bit long on staffing right now, but rather than lay anyone off, we're going to stick you in this cryostasis chamber for a few weeks. Maybe months. Then when we have more workload, we'll thaw you out again. How cool is that?"

"Ummm, ya know, if it is just the same, I'd rather not be a popsicle."

"Oh c'mon now, don't be difficult. It's not as though you're really important anyway."

"Ah, my family might not see it that way."

"Look, this is for the good of the company. Don't make me call security..."
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited September 2013
    o1derfull1 wrote: »
    Also, I don't have 400 roster spots. The zen cost is prohibitive and I can't justify spending 8400 zen (4 different toons) just to have increased capacity to store white doffs that I will never use for missions. I don't need more active roster spots, I need bulk storage.

No one forces you to buy Zen with $$$.
    edited September 2013
    Um, that was the original intention of the DOFF system.......... to collect them and to trade them.

And having 400 DOFF is lack-of-management? Excuse me? There are plenty of us who spent years improving our collection of DOFFs where we have 400 Very Rare and Unique DOFFs, and it gets harder with the introduction of new DOFF packs. So you sir don't have the right to tell people that they don't know how to manage our DOFF system because of how the game was designed. Etc. Again this isn't Pokemon.

Also, don't double post. That's what the edit button is for.

The game doesn't require 400 VR doffs on a single toon be it for assignments or bonuses. Case in point, a TAC captain has no need for a cannon doff if you're running 2 copies of the same boff power. You can only slot 1 Grav scientist so other than collecting Demeras for colonial crits, you waste space with too many.
    edited September 2013
    Hard to imagine, I'm sure, but doffs are useful for non-active duty things, case in point actual doffing. So yes, my KDF needs 11 security guys and 10 assault squad officers and 7 energy weapon doffs with 7 tractor beam officers and a few transporter officers too. And that's just for the marauding assignments, If I want to do science and medical assignments? why that's another12 doffs for the astrometrics/biochems/biologists/botanists/medics and doctors. Lets not forget engineering and ops and trade and bartenders and chefs etc etc etc. Plus if I want to get MORE shiny doffs I have to have extras, as you noted, to get a higher crit chance on supports. So you very very easily hit the limit. But again, this isn't about MORE spots for for your active roster, it's about STORAGE for doffs you DONT use or send on missions, but dont want to sell (upgrinding, starbasefood, refugees for future asylums, etc)

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually... Selling starbase food isn't a bad idea. Just save the ec for when you want to rebuy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hard to imagine, I'm sure, but doffs are useful for non-active duty things, case in point actual doffing. So yes, my KDF needs 11 security guys and 10 assault squad officers and 7 energy weapon doffs with 7 tractor beam officers and a few transporter officers too. And that's just for the marauding assignments, If I want to do science and medical assignments? why that's another12 doffs for the astrometrics/biochems/biologists/botanists/medics and doctors. Lets not forget engineering and ops and trade and bartenders and chefs etc etc etc. Plus if I want to get MORE shiny doffs I have to have extras, as you noted, to get a higher crit chance on supports. So you very very easily hit the limit. But again, this isn't about MORE spots for for your active roster, it's about STORAGE for doffs you DONT use or send on missions, but dont want to sell (upgrinding, starbasefood, refugees for future asylums, etc)

The problem is, most people doffing (including myslef) were hoarding massive amounts of doffs in the mail system. We were never meant to store so many and it clearly was an exploit since we were circumventing their limit. They had all the right to take it away.
    edited September 2013
    luchoortiz wrote: »
    The game doesn't require 400 VR doffs on a single toon be it for assignments or bonuses. Case in point, a TAC captain has no need for a cannon doff if you're running 2 copies of the same boff power. You can only slot 1 Grav scientist so other than collecting Demeras for colonial crits, you waste space with too many.

There is more to the DOFF system than just equipping them. :rolleyes:

There are certain DOFFs that are optimal for certain missions. For example, the New Romulan Historian, you don't just use any DOFF, you use a Romulan DOFF for they have all 3 critical. With the Summer Event, you gained better odds if you had a Biologist with a Seductive Trait. Winter Event DOFF missions have certain DOFFs that increase rewards significantly, especially that of the Winter Epohhs. When it comes to the Warp Core DOFF mission, it's best you use Paradan DOFFs.

And those leveling up the DOFF system, the more DOFFs, the faster you level up due to more missions being completed.

So because you think 200 is enough doesn't mean everyone else in the game have to. The DOFF system came before the Starbase and Reputation systems, so it's the Dev Team's responsibility, not ours, to make room for common DOFFs so we can donate to Starbase Projects.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    725 zen is your friend
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agreed. Stuck at 400 doffs in my roster with full mail and exchange :(
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    725 zen is your friend
    which is probably about half as much as a set of account doff bank slots would cost.

On the upside, subscribers will (probably) get one set for free. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2013
    The problem is, most people doffing (including myslef) were hoarding massive amounts of doffs in the mail system. We were never meant to store so many and it clearly was an exploit since we were circumventing their limit. They had all the right to take it away.

I'm aware. There is a problem then, in need of a solution. The demand for addiitonal non-active roster storage space exists, and we're asking for Cryptic to supply a method to deal with that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
    725 zen is your friend
    which is probably about half as much as a set of account doff bank slots would cost.

On the upside, subscribers will (probably) get one set for free.

It's not 725 zen. It's 725x3 to get to 400 roster spots. On one toon. For three toons you get as F2P its 2200x3 zen. 6600 zen is a ridiculous amount for storing non-active doffs. I would gladly pay 1450 zen for an account wide full roster unlock and/or a doff account bank.

edited September 2013
    I'm aware. There is a problem then, in need of a solution. The demand for addiitonal non-active roster storage space exists, and we're asking for Cryptic to supply a method to deal with that.

It's not 725 zen. It's 725x3 to get to 400 roster spots. On one toon. For three toons you get as F2P its 2200x3 zen. 6600 zen is a ridiculous amount for storing non-active doffs. I would gladly pay 1450 zen for an account wide full roster unlock and/or a doff account bank.
    Um, yeah, no idea what you're going on about....

Anyways, I suspect that a set of 100 account doff bank slots would cost around 1500 zen. I might be wrong. but if they add that feature it definately won't be free.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2013
    Um, yeah, no idea what you're going on about....

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, let me break it down into more easily digested bites:

Problem: People have alot of doffs. Many than they don't use for missions regularly, if at all. There is a limited amounts of doffs you can have per character based on roster size. People want a way to store unused doffs (mostly white, mostly for starbase food) without using their limited amount of roster spots to do so.

With me so far?

Some have suggested that the solution to this problem is NOT additional storage or an account-wide holding facility, but to just buy more roster spots.

There are two counter arguments to this.
    1) You can only expand your roster to 400. Many people have more than 400 doffs.
    2) Expanding your roster to 400 costs 2200 zen. (@725 for 100 spots, multiplied by 3 as you can have a max of 400 roster spots)
    2a) If you have more than one character, you need to spend that 2200 zen for each character, as the roster expansion is not account-wide. Therefore, if you're a F2P account with the standard 3 character slots, you need to pay 6600 zen for doff storage.

This is prohibitively expensive, and cumbersome to use.

Solution to above stated problem: people are requesting an account-wide doff storage.

Make sense now?

• tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There are over 600 "unique" doffs. You say 400 slots is enough? I say bull****.
    pvp = small package