test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Costume Slots

jeffreymgeorgejeffreymgeorge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Academy
As a new player, and one who is in a fleet, I am under the impression that I can have 3 costume slots. What exactly counts as a costume slot? When I go to the tailor and pull up my character there is only one preview window. Should I see 3 here? Or, as is more likely the case, I'm misunderstanding yet another aspect of the game.
Post edited by jeffreymgeorge on

Comments

• benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There should be a "Create" button at the bottom of the screen for making new costumes.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • jeffreymgeorgejeffreymgeorge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm not at my system right now so I can't confirm, but I don't think I have that option. Someone else told me that in-game but I only could Modify the existing one.
    edited September 2013
    Are you a member of a fleet? As I recall you have to join a fleet to get the fleet costume and off duty costume slots,

Yes, I am, but I've never seen more than the 1 preview slot, which is why I'm wondering if I should see more there, or if all 3 slots I should have are somehow tied to the one preview.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Even if you are not in a fleet, you should still have the "create" button available if you have only one costume slot opened. This will allow you to create a second costume, and after some time, the "off-duty" will become available. The third costume slot should also open on "create" and in the "uniform" tab, the top option will allow you to select the fleet's uniform...

Look for your "create" button, as this will likely solve your problems.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited September 2013
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Even if you are not in a fleet, you should still have the "create" button available if you have only one costume slot opened. This will allow you to create a second costume, and after some time, the "off-duty" will become available. The third costume slot should also open on "create" and in the "uniform" tab, the top option will allow you to select the fleet's uniform...

Look for your "create" button, as this will likely solve your problems.

Now that I think about it, I even spent Zen to buy 2 costume slots, and I even made an off-duty uniform at one point. However, I didn't like it so I deleted it and some others. Is it possible that I permanently deleted my costume slots? I'm thinking now that if I bought 2 I should have 5. Did I make a big uh-oh?
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I am, but I've never seen more than the 1 preview slot, which is why I'm wondering if I should see more there, or if all 3 slots I should have are somehow tied to the one preview.

No, you don't have a preview for empty costume slots. When you finish creating a costume, then it adds its preview window to the tailor screen.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To piggy-back on this, I bought two slots when they went on sale (forgetting I purchased two more previously). So now I have 5 slots I can see, but I have "3 additional" costume slots available. yet every time I try to create a costume I do not see more than 5 slots on the menu.

So, is 5 the maximum costume slots I can see?
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To piggy-back on this, I bought two slots when they went on sale (forgetting I purchased two more previously). So now I have 5 slots I can see, but I have "3 additional" costume slots available. yet every time I try to create a costume I do not see more than 5 slots on the menu.

So, is 5 the maximum costume slots I can see?

IIRC, the UI that shows Costumes is scrollable. I have 7 Costume slots available and I usually have to scroll down to see one or tow of them.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content