test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WE need new PVP queu system , like the ideo of cross faction queu ..

nebulgamnezarnebulgamnezar Member Posts: 152 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvP Gameplay
we need new PVP queu system like the ideo of cross faction queu ..

when i want pvp on KDF side it take like 20 min befor enter into a match and i see 20 persone in the queu for fed vd klink and 0 persone in klingon vs klingon. AND when i got fed side i see 20 in FED vs FED and 20 in FED vs Klingon , im a KDF player MOST of my friends play in KDF side and WE never get the FED team in ARENA they ALL play FED vs FED ,

even when im on fed side somtimes it take 20 min ..THE queu need a fix ..i am sure its NOT a impossible JOB to do ...
[System] Link has been on active duty for 415 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes, 16 seconds.
[System] Zelda has been on active duty for 126 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes, 48 seconds.

French Canadian
Post edited by nebulgamnezar on

Comments

• nebulgamnezarnebulgamnezar Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2013

when i want pvp on KDF side it take like 20 min befor enter into a match and i see 20 persone in the queu for fed vd klink and 0 persone in klingon vs klingon. AND when i got fed side i see 20 in FED vs FED and 20 in FED vs Klingon , im a KDF player MOST of my friends play in KDF side and WE never get the FED team in ARENA they ALL play FED vs FED ,

even when im on fed side somtimes it take 20 min ..THE queu need a fix ..i am sure its NOT a impossible JOB to do ...
    [System] Link has been on active duty for 415 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes, 16 seconds.
    [System] Zelda has been on active duty for 126 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes, 48 seconds.

French Canadian
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    edited September 2013
    spam much?

what u mean ??

French Canadian
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2013

when i want pvp on KDF side it take like 20 mion befor enter into a match and i see 20 persone in the queu for fed vd klink and 0 persone in klingon vs klingon. AND when i got fed side i see 20 in FED vs FED and 20 in FED vs Klingon , im a KDF player MOST of my friends play in KDF side and WE never get the FED team in ARENA they ALL play FED vs FED ,

i am sure its NOT a impossible JOB to do ....

we need a totally new pvp system, pvp should not simply be a challenge between a fed team vs a kdf team.... it should be one or more space sectors where fed and kdf compete for controlling that sectors. Something similar to BSG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • cobanatorcobanator Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Zelda I agree, We need new PvP ques and PVP in General.
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have heard rumors of a territory-control mechanic coming along with the Dyson Sphere, but I could just be talking from the wrong end.

I am sure somebody will come along and say you can always go to Ker'rat for some action; the problem with Ker'rat is its frequent imbalance of players due to being an open warzone, with the result that some days you are bored and other days you are being ganked and only occasionally do you get an interesting fight. It doesn't help that switching instances is bugged and the player cap per instance appears to be somewhat low for an "open" warzone.

As I think of it though, I do like the idea of an option to queue for a mixed-faction team fight, as a separate option from the existing choices. It would require some justification for story purposes but once the dev team comes up with some simple "cover story" most players won't really care. If Fed vs. Fed or KDF vs. KDF fights are "wargames" then mixed-faction teams going at each other could be the result of Section 31 and/or Klingon Intelligence and/or Tal Shiar influence. Find a way to mix up the intelligence services and possibly Battle Group Omega or some other cross-faction initiative or something new and it'll work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Has been a long request that has been ignored for sometime. Devs simply aren't interested for the time being, PVP could have been become a big cash cow to Cryptic, but neglect over the years coupled with power creep has meant a diminishing PVP crowd with new players shunning it.

Look at Counterstrike in the old days, it was a free game, but big tournaments held both nationally and internationally, big prizes, big sponsors from both Intel and Razer. Why? because the creators supported the game and made it grow into it's fullest potential.

given the Star Trek IP the potential could have been far greater, it's a real shame that those who PVP are very few compared to PVE players who are happy to pop cubes and it gives them a power trip they are God. But they queue for PVP they get Roflstomped and don't bother with it.

There's only so much you can do before it becomes pointless and seems you are banging your head against a wall when the Devs don't appreciate issues and ignore them.
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what u mean ??

i glanced at the recent post tracker and saw this thread in at least 4 other sections
    edited September 2013
    i glanced at the recent post tracker and saw this thread in at least 4 other sections

oh yes in general discution, in klingon support and report bug XD

French Canadian
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

That kind of sums it up doesn't it? Clearly an Issue but the Devs aint listening or doing anything to improve, fixing the queues aint exactly going to bork PVE is it? if they are so worried about harming PVE
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
    edited September 2013
    g0h4n4 wrote: »
    Has been a long request that has been ignored for sometime. Devs simply aren't interested for the time being, PVP could have been become a big cash cow to Cryptic, but neglect over the years coupled with power creep has meant a diminishing PVP crowd with new players shunning it.

Look at Counterstrike in the old days, it was a free game, but big tournaments held both nationally and internationally, big prizes, big sponsors from both Intel and Razer. Why? because the creators supported the game and made it grow into it's fullest potential.

given the Star Trek IP the potential could have been far greater, it's a real shame that those who PVP are very few compared to PVE players who are happy to pop cubes and it gives them a power trip they are God. But they queue for PVP they get Roflstomped and don't bother with it.

There's only so much you can do before it becomes pointless and seems you are banging your head against a wall when the Devs don't appreciate issues and ignore them.

Just make the queu cross faction and it will be more interesting for evryone and all the PVE player tryed to pvp one day but they dont ahve many uption of game play ...

French Canadian
    edited September 2013
    I have heard rumors of a territory-control mechanic coming along with the Dyson Sphere, but I could just be talking from the wrong end.

I am sure somebody will come along and say you can always go to Ker'rat for some action; the problem with Ker'rat is its frequent imbalance of players due to being an open warzone, with the result that some days you are bored and other days you are being ganked and only occasionally do you get an interesting fight. It doesn't help that switching instances is bugged and the player cap per instance appears to be somewhat low for an "open" warzone.

As I think of it though, I do like the idea of an option to queue for a mixed-faction team fight, as a separate option from the existing choices. It would require some justification for story purposes but once the dev team comes up with some simple "cover story" most players won't really care. If Fed vs. Fed or KDF vs. KDF fights are "wargames" then mixed-faction teams going at each other could be the result of Section 31 and/or Klingon Intelligence and/or Tal Shiar influence. Find a way to mix up the intelligence services and possibly Battle Group Omega or some other cross-faction initiative or something new and it'll work.

IF you want RP with STORY go private lol

French Canadian
  • mdwgardiner1701mdwgardiner1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I tend to agree we need a cross faction queue on top of the ones that we have.

The problem as I see it though is that people avoid KDF sometimes. That was probably the case in the past as the KDF had the battlecloak. Not so anymore.

On fed v kdf I still find myself getting ganked fairly hard. I don't blame the KDF players rather the feds that seem to play.

Anyway I would support a completely RANDOM pvp queue too. One that would mix up teams, throw you into either cap&hold or arena. Could be fun.

+1 from me.
    Inner Circle / Special Circumstances
    Gardiner, Suval, Thran
    Korvak, Raketh, Xedar, Zidow
    Decis, Vesok
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The problem as I see it though is that people avoid KDF sometimes. That was probably the case in the past as the KDF had the battlecloak. Not so anymore.

Part of it was cloak, particularly BoPs with BC. But more than that, it was the other 'Klingon cheese'.

Graviton Pulse
    Theta
    Power Siphons
    Etc

That put people off to playing against Klingons a lot of the time. Nowadays though, the dislike stays, yet most of the cheese is on both sides of the field.

But agreed, we need cross faction queues.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd just settle for something simple like spell check... :D

I suppose they could eliminate the queue and just make a "PVP" area, if you want to pvp you enter that zone/instance/whatever and all the PVPers can just go nutzo on each other.

Assuming more than 1 person who wants to PVP is signed into the game at any one time lol.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • standupguy86standupguy86 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2013

We dont NEED it. But we should definitely Greed it.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013

They killed any dreams of that...it's PvE Territory Control, Players vs. the Voth.
  • frostovskifrostovski Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Geez... bad enough we have Romulans fighting each other in open combat, now you want the same nonsense for Starfleet? Why the hell would teams of Starfleet & KDF officers engage in open combat against other Starfleet & KDF officers? Yeah, there's a lot of crazy stuff in this game, but for me at least, that would really be jumping the shark.

How about instead, you ask them to actually fix PvP to make it more than alpha-strike insta-kills vs. magical insta-superheals. Then more people might play it and you wouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for a queue to pop.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You already have Feds and Romulans killing other Feds and Romulans on the other team, what would be the difference. We need cross faction queues now otherwise might as well let the KDF be abosrbed by the Federation like how Romulans are.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "PVP" area, if you want to pvp you enter that zone/instance/whatever and all the PVPers can just go nutzo on each other.

Karrat?
    Otha? < not misspelled...im not trying to say other....its the ground version of karrat
    ogew7.jpg