test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are your favorite Foundry Missions?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    My all time favorite Foundry Mission so far has got to be "The Spirits of Ramok Nor".
    I'm into Star Trek for the emotion. The emotion of people who put their lives on the line for planets they've never set foot on, for people they've never met. This grand future of the Federation where humanity is a wondrous force (most of the time).
    So anything that explores those feelings, those emotions, deep character plots, is wonderful for me. The whole reason DS9 is one of my favorite of the series is because it had some very moving, very emotional episodes that got you thinking about the thoughts of another person, their hopes and dreams, the reasons they did what they did. No one in that show was ever totally bad, not even Gul Dukat, and it was great to see the show explain to you why.

Spirits of Ramok Nor is as good as some of DS9's best episodes, and it feels like one of them too. It explores the occupation and the wellspring of emotion and feeling behind it, and it does so in a fashion very reminiscent of the best writing of Star Trek.
    edited May 2012
    Since this thread has been re-ignited, I'll give the politically-correct answer that there are MANY Foundry missions which count as my favorite.

One mission which gets overlooked, imho, is "Evangeline" by Etherghost.

I LOVE this mission!

I didn't play "Evangeline" until after I crafted my first Foundry mission. Interestingly, our styles are somewhat similar. Story-driven, dialog-infused Trek goodness about characters, their situations, overcoming difficulty and adversity in a scenario where NO other friendly starships are going to warp in and help save you.

The mission design is stellar.

More information: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/ugcmissions/federation/evangeline/

Like most Foundry authors, I'd like to think my missions will eventually get more gameplay and better recognition. I hope missions, like "Evangeline", are enjoyed for a long, long time, too.

Tucana
    edited June 2012
    +1 In fact I think this was one of my first Foundry experiences.
    Tucana wrote:
    Since this thread has been re-ignited, I'll give the politically-correct answer that there are MANY Foundry missions which count as my favorite.

One mission which gets overlooked, imho, is "Evangeline" by Etherghost.

I LOVE this mission!

I didn't play "Evangeline" until after I crafted my first Foundry mission. Interestingly, our styles are somewhat similar. Story-driven, dialog-infused Trek goodness about characters, their situations, overcoming difficulty and adversity in a scenario where NO other friendly starships are going to warp in and help save you.

The mission design is stellar.

More information: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/ugcmissions/federation/evangeline/

Like most Foundry authors, I'd like to think my missions will eventually get more gameplay and better recognition. I hope missions, like "Evangeline", are enjoyed for a long, long time, too.

Tucana
  • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am super surprised that this hasn't been updated in forever. Come on people, what are some of your favorites??
  • ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My personal favorites are Finding Resolution and Avenging Resolution from ajstoner and War and Q from RogueEnterprise.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Gonna add on to this for great justice.

Going Viral by Pi-3Orionis for the K.D.F.

This is a really fun and solid mission with great feel to it's flow and dialog. Should get a lot more plays and probably better than third in the contest it was involved in. But, that's just my opinion.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Heck I'll post mine - they need some love too :P

They are my two part episode, "Treasure of Argelius II"

It /they are intended as a sequel to the official Cryptic (Klingon front) mission, "Treasure Trading Station".
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Spirits of Ramok Nor is as good as some of DS9's best episodes, and it feels like one of them too. It explores the occupation and the wellspring of emotion and feeling behind it, and it does so in a fashion very reminiscent of the best writing of Star Trek.

I wish we know who said this...

But I have to agree. "The Spirits of Ramok Nor" is probably the best Foundry mission out there.

I have a Cardassian captain that I played the mission with...and I literally almost cried, experiencing his emotions at the whole thing: the grief, shame, and utter helplessness to do more to undo his people's past.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • stoggyreturnsstoggyreturns Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The ones that used to pay before you screwed us again and again everytime we find something worth doing. You are not making friends cryptic/perfect world. Just enemies and bad reviews.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In before lockdown.

Necro thread. 30 days is the limit.
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    Does that apply to stickies as well?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just finished "Predetermined Coincidences" by Dewey001 and wanted to extoll it's virtues. Combines action and a good storyline with familiar elements from a couple of Trek flicks. Great mission deserving of Spotlight status. Make it so!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All off mine , nah just kidding , darn i dunno i best go play test some more!

Everyone likes the smell of their own brand... I play test my own work more than doing anything else on sto these days.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, I'm gonna say Krios Falling. It was just that awesome. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, I'm gonna say Krios Falling. It was just that awesome. :)

i played Krios Falling a few weeks ago, before it became a spotlight; it was indeed very awesome, if a bit too lengthy for my tastes
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just wanted to let everybody know that with the kind permission of DenizenVI, I have written and posted an adaptation of his excellent mission, "Conjoined."

For the lone Devidian serving in Starfleet, the discovery awaiting in the Gameptis system had a very special resonance indeed.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=595531

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the moment, I cannot post my favorite 5 as I only have a ONE favorite SERIES! The series is call ST: Odyssey by dariuskoronikov. This series starts with the trilogy: The Olympus Trilogy and lasts the span of 40 episodes total (including the three of the trilogy itself). This series actually gave me the final inspiration to write my own series (which is still in the works right now), and I have had communications with dariuskoronikov, who has given me his permission to use his series' characters in my own series (with a few provisoes, of course). I will let you know what the status of the series is when I am super-close to publishing the first episode (which may be a while)!
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Admiral BoBo goes to war" i usually make half a mil ec every time i play it.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Relics" by Kirkfat, for good use of the interaction between religion and Trek-level science, good use of map-altering triggers (which ought to be a given, seeing as it comes from the guy who wrote most of the tutorials on them), inadvertent* TRIBBLE flirting between my captain and an NPC (which just made me laugh), and brilliant use of lampshade hanging. I liked it so much I wrote a page for it on TV Tropes.

"One Too Many" by XR-377, for hilarious parody of many a Foundry and Star Trek Online standby and another inadvertent TRIBBLE (accounted for in a dialog option this time!).

"In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1" by thegreendragoon1. Good call back to late Voyager, good dialog writing and map design, and bonus points for prompt and gracious response to me pointing out a plot hole.

The "Dark Alliance" series by skydawnknight, particularly "Dark Alliance 2: Black Spiral". The allusions to a noodle incident involving my PC and Saria were very intriguing, and the various side interactions in the Aurora lounge were hilarious. Also, good use of reskinned mobs throughout and good dialog.

* "Inadvertent" due to the Foundry lacking gender-operated dialog tags.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has to be 'The Atlas Affair' by Nagorak. Which is also part one of a three parts series, and they're honestly quite good.

Basically, you are investigating pirate affairs in whichever sector it takes place in (Don't quite remember the exact details). Once you've discovered who the pirates are you have to stop them. But something goes wrong. *uh-oh...*

It has a great story, and whichever choices you make effects the end-game. It's amazingly done, and it is, in my opinion, the best foundry mission out there.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmmm..... "Sink the Bismarck" was a good one.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know I've said it beore, but anything by Alimac is awesome. My personal favorite is Maynes of Balnar Moon.
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Only had a chance to play a few(as I'm still working my way through the main storyline), but 'First Cause, then Effect' was very enjoyable.... :)
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    City of the Polmar Ree by Alimac

All time favorite.
    Sometimes I think something else has become my favorite, then I replay Polmar Ree and realize I was mistaken.
    City of the Polmar Ree gets me right in the feels. Every time, even though by now I know exactly what's coming.

Very few missions have an ability to do that.
    edited November 2013
    The Infinite Realities series by Captain Revo. 6-part story involving the mirror universe and another alternate reality where the Borg won in TNG: "The Best of Both Worlds" and the rest of the AQ powers united to fight back. Also ties in story bits from Deep Space Nine.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good pick Starsword, those are amongst my faves as well.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm throwing a shout out here for "Malleus Maleficarum" by Dewey001.

It's a really good mission that has a low amount of plays, but, I know he recently just submitted it for spotlighting so with luck and attention there is a chance it gets out there to the wider world!
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can we list our own? Bwahahahahahahaaa ......<looks around>... what? :cool:
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A radio blast from the past (FED) Great story and very memorable characters without too much writing.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
    edited December 2013
    Add "Forget Me Not" by Sovereign77x to the list. I rated that one 4.5 out of 5 and recommended he give it a few touch-ups and submit it for spotlighting.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png