test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Orion's & Boots

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
So... Why is it player Orion females don't get to have ANY boot options whatsoever with the loincloths?

I mean several of the orion NPC's have them, and I can't really see any technical reason such as clipping issues as there is nothing to clip with.
Especially considering that ALL skirts in the game have boot options as well.
npcboots_zpsb78303b6.jpg
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Would be great if this could be brought to dev attention.
    I mean it can't possibly take that long to add.
    All you would need is a couple of lines of code to enable them for belt & loincloths.
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've actually mentioned it in some of the uniform threads myself. Only option is the giant Klingon spiky boots or the Bortasqu ones (which actually look pretty good). Plus I don't see why the TOS Romulan uniform boots can't be worn with the tight trousers. The Federation mirror ones have no such issues.

Considering how as you say the NPCs can wear them it is very odd the player characters can't. But then I don't see how many of the costume items we buy in the C-store can't be cross faction use anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    well they already lifted the restrictions on several of the off-duty uniforms.

And spiky boots or Bortasqu? The only options i see on my Orion with the loincloth is sandals and sandals with anklets.
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well they already lifted the restrictions on several of the off-duty uniforms.

And spiky boots or Bortasqu? The only options i see on my Orion with the loincloth is sandals and sandals with anklets.

Off duty stuff yes, other useful stuff no. Ah sorry yes I only get those options with the expensive Warrior's skirt not the loincloth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Old subject. Brought this up myself many times.... AND WHY DON'T I HAVE IT YET??? :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I know right? :(
  • Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's something i definitely want, but as has been stated by others: it's been requested for quite some time ;)
    edited September 2013
    The irony is that back when the Orion outfits were first going to be introduced years ago, on the Tribble test server they actually DID have the option to wear the full selection of KDF boots with the bare legs and loincloth.

But for some inexplicable reason that option was removed when they went live. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Whaaaaaat. GIMME BOOTS NAO CRYPTIC.

(And preferably let us have the option to remove the biker gang spikes too please? :()
  • Options
    aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Whaaaaaat. GIMME BOOTS NAO CRYPTIC.

(And preferably let us have the option to remove the biker gang spikes too please? :()

I've never understand why there is this weird rule that all KDF boots must have big spikes on the toe. When was that law set in stone?
  • Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just the fed/rommie knee boots would be quite nice. And maybe some unique things other than sandals...
    edited September 2013
    similon wrote: »
    Just the fed/rommie knee boots would be quite nice. And maybe some unique things other than sandals...

I'd like to see some orion (and klingon) ladies in knee boots and the old TOS go-go boots.
  • Options
    mozohamozoha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please listen to this thread cryptic, my Orion in sandles is enough to deter me from playing Klingon. I have tried several times to put her in a merc outfit...is this possible?
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Some boots instead of just sandals would indeed be nice.
    mozoha wrote: »
    ... I have tried several times to put her in a merc outfit...is this possible?
    Yes it's possible, Merc can be found within the offduty outfits.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think someone already noted, but I'll note again, that the Bortasqu' uniform, while it is expensive and imperfect, includes a very nice pair of boots.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Said boots cannot be worn with Orion bare legs and loincloth.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Said boots cannot be worn with Orion bare legs and loincloth.

That's BS. :(