test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space PvP Concerns Directory 2.0

naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Please keep discussions out of this thread as it soon becomes a challenge to pick up all the issues you guys are posting. Please start an alternate thread if you wish to discuss anything further.

Posting format:
Space ability / Item / Ship / Category
Perceived issue summary

Let the list begin

01. Abilities: Warp Plasma /Gravity Well / Tykens Rift / Theta Radiation
Issue: Visual effects for above abilities keep disappearing randomly and become annoying when they can't be seen

02. Ability: Crits
Issue: If you get 1 mine to crit, they all crit I.e. Breen cluster torp and tricobalt mines with dispersal patterns.

03. Item: Siphon Drone
Issue: Leaves target completely drained of all energy and totally defenseless.
Video

04. Ability: General offensive science abilities
Issue: No longer any real viable offensive sci abilities due to super resistances

05. Profession: Engineer
Issue: Lack of profession specific abilities which are castable on team mates (MW and RSF)

06. PVP Arena: Player ships glitching into ceiling
Issue: Once top of the map is reached whilst in a fight, sometimes use of jump console may result in ships being stuck in the ceiling. You need to log out and in again to reset.

07. PVP Arena: Kill counts not working correctly
Issue: Kills sometime do not count in an arena match - Possibly affected by Warp Plasma related deaths.

08. Ability: D'Kora EMP Burst
Issue: Should a console ability cool down be affected by Auxiliary to Battery in conjunction with the Technician DOFFS
Status: I think purple aux2batt technicians are probably a little too strong in general, but they've been in-game as-is for so long that touching them is high-risk. Technician procs should only be affecting Bridge Officer abilities as far as I'm aware, although this proc predates my tenure here so I could be wrong on that. I suspect though that any consoles affected by Technicians are a bug.

09. Ability: Temporal Inversion Field
Issue: No consistent hard counter apart from bringing your own field in.

10. PVP Map: Solar Wind
Issue: Causes significant lag for some players

11. Console: Graviton Pulse Generator
Issue: Initial debuff duration (8 seconds) can be buffed to last well past 50 seconds or even 60s (See link for more Info) at the extreme upper end. Is this interaction intended? No other power allows for duration buffing by a factor of 6 or higher as this does
Status: It's kind of hard to say with STO, since our space combat is slower-paced than most MMO combat. As a general guideline for MMOs, CC shouldn't be longer than 8-10 seconds - it interrupts the player behavior core loop that I talked about earlier in the thread, causing frustration. In STO space combat, that duration can probably be safely doubled, but higher than 20 seconds seems silly. Grav pulse in particular, I think its scaling is too high and its base effectiveness may be too low.

12. Romulan Faction: BOFF's
Issue: Due to the uberness of the traits (Superior ones) combined with decloak bonuses, makes Fed and Klink Tactical Captains sub standard

13. Romulan Faction: Warbirds
Issue: Not enough of a downside to Warbirds compared to Feds & Klinks for gaining additional Singularity abilities and cloak making almost all other faction ships obsolete.

14. BOFF Trait: Subterfuge (+Stealth)
Issue: Changed not to stack with the March 13th, 2013 patch. At some point after the release of LoR, they began stacking again. No patch notes stating a reversal of the March 13th changes. Players with said BOFFs will have higher than intended Stealth values.

15. Ability: Aux to Bat
Issue: Inconsistency with AtB drain post LoR. One of my KDF never experienced the 5/0 Aux issues post LoR...until I replaced his BOFFs. He now experiences part of the normal 5/0 Aux balance. One of my Feds experiences 4/0 instead of 5/0. The second AtB continues to boost Aux rather than drain Aux for both characters.

16. General Math: Stat Calculation/Recalculation
Issue: There are a plethora of issues revolving around stat calculations/recalculations. Some stats can take up to 5 minutes to calc/recalc after logging in, zoning, respawning. Some stats will not recalc until you reslot gear. Reslotting gear in different order can result in different stats. Using abilities in certain order can result in the base stat being changed until zoning or death. Yes, this should be multiple issues with each detailed (and many have, yeah - it's something I've harped on here and there) but there's always a new one.

17. Weapon Mod: Dual Disruptor Procs
Issue: Dual Disruptor Procs stack. Individual Disruptor Procs will be overwritten, but because of the dual nature of some Disruptor procs - it results in the procs stacking. We do not have a working formula for negative damage resistance, and the results of stacked damage resistance debuffs can be pretty lolzy.
Post edited by naz4 on

Comments

• naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    18. Weapon Mod: Dual Disruptor Procs
    Issue: While for most of them there are two separate 2.5% chances listed, one for each of the procs, each time one proc is applied - both are applied. Is it a 2.5% chance to apply both? Is it two 2.5% chance rolls where each results in the application of both?

19. Ability: Torpedo Spread
    Issue: 100% chance to hit.

20. Ability: Cloak (various flavors)
    Issue: There is supposed to be a 3 second delay between triggering and activation. This can be heavily affected by client latency. If either the cloaker or attacker is lagging, then the cloaker can appear exposed longer than the 3 seconds and thus take damage for an extended period of time.

21. Mechanic: Accuracy
    Issue: Quirk/somewhat rare and not replicable on demand. The combination of FAW/CRF/CSV/DEM (one of the first three and the last) can occasionally result in a 100% to-hit rate when it should have been as low as 40%. Have spent hours upon hours exploring this one, and I have not been able to find a way to recreate it on demand.

22. Item/Ability:Theta Radiation
    Issue: Does not decloak ships

23. Item/Ability: boarding party not cleared by TT
    Issue: TT used right before it hits or after doesn't appear to be doing anything. it can be so hard to get it to land at all, and then so easy to clear, im not all that bothered by there being no counter any longer

24. Item/Ability: Ensign level eng skills are to hamstrung by system cooldowns.
    Issue: theres only the team skill, on a cross station type system cool down, or the EPt system cooldown. a solution could be moving AtB and AtD 1 down to ENS level, and make the abilities at LTC version 3. the currently top out at version 2 at LTC. maybe move aceton beam to start at ENS too.

25. Item/Ability: Romulan faction has boffs with 2 space traits
    Issue: A major inequity in the factions. its not that the warbirds are super op, they are just a bit, its that the boffs just make it over the top.

26. Item: Plasmonic Leech
    Issue: Opportunity cost is too low. It has pretty much become a 'must have' for PvP.
    Explanation (for a toon with 6 in flow caps):
    Energy Siphon I: -17.3 all power for 15.3 seconds; to self +11.1 all power for 15.3 seconds. Cooldown is 1 min 40 secs, cost: LT boff ability.
    Leech: -1.9 All power per activation for 15 secs; to self +1.9 power per second for 15 secs. No cooldown; cost: 1 console slot. Basically, in a sustained fight, 20+ per subsystem. To target (especially heavily focused): -16+ (varies with spec/equipment) . IMO, no passive console should become 'Mandatory' to compete. Possible counter: Leech the leecher. In essence, all of our fancy 10 console ships are now 9 console ships.
    edited September 2013
    27. Passive: Tier 4 Placate
    Issue: There seems to be no immunity. Can stack with other placate abilities.

28. Ability: Boarding partys
    Issue: Boarding partys have 2 stages, in the first stage you can counter it with tactical team, before they assimilate your ship, but as soon as they assimilate your ship and the count down starts you have to use engineer team to clear it.

29. Concern: Excessive DOFFS for Double tap builds
    DOFF list:
    Marion (direct energy modulation)
    Beam Overload doff (chance to ignore shields with beam overload)
    Quatermaster Battery DOFF( increased damage 10%per doff when use of a battery)

Weapons:
    Piercing tetryons (2,5% chance of 50% shield penetration)
    Elachi Weapons (2,5% chance of 100% ignore shields... basicly a lucky beam overload and youre dead)

28. Item: Nukara Web Mines & Ability: Sensor Scan
    Issue: Interaction between the damage resistance debuff from Sensor Scan and the physical damage of the Web Mines. Hit somebody with the mines. Hit somebody with APB/APD/Disruptor Procs, etc, etc, etc - then hit them with the mines. Hit them with a Sensor Scan and then hit them with the mines.

29. Tykens Rift (all levels)
    Issue: FlowC boost doesn't seem apply to energy drain on player ability. Multiples Tykens don't seem to stack their drain properly.
    Explanation: NPC Tykens can drain targets with or without resits just fine. Player abilities hardly do. Not sure if multiple Tykens from the same source, which occurs with the Tykens Rift Gravitmetric Scientist Doffs, actually stack their drain or not.

30. Doff: Nurse (Crew Recovery)
    Issue: You can only assign it to Ground Active Roster, despite it affects Space Combat.

31. Item: Mesh Weaver Pets
    Issue: They stack APB on everything (up to APB3 with the elite version). Considering that APB3 is a Cmdr Tac ability, this is severely unbalancing if one can get multiple copies from simply equipping pets.

32. Passive: Crew
    Issue: Crew is lost at an extremely quick rate, significantly impacting hull regen. For smaller crewed ships, it is usually gained back, and causes little to no issue. For larger crewed ships (at least 500 is where I tend to notice problems, and multiplies more the larger the crew), the entire crew can die within seconds (usually to torps or Theta), and almost never return before the end of a match due to how slowly so much crew recovers. Thus it actually hurts a larger crewed ship, because they aren't able to actually gain back their crew to use the hull regen bonuses it would otherwise give.

33. UI: Boff Trays
    Issue: Activating abilities too quickly does sometimes cause the tray to get "stuck". An ability will be highlighted but won't activate, and any subsequent abilities that you try to activate behave erratically (spamming tacteam 10 times a second, some abilities don't activate for at least 5 seconds). This persists through respawns.
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Map: Solar Wind
    Issue: brutal lag

And thanks for reviving this useful thread :)
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • timejumperstimejumpers Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    # 1 3rd party programs the true gap between average players and the elite eliminate the use of these things and the gap will close drastically. Example teams that used to win 15-0 and seem invincible suddenly are mortal and now win 15-8 or even sometimes lose.WHAT A DIFFERENCE HUMAN ERROR MAKES.

Can we please get a dev response on if inversion is broken and why they havent fixed it. It has had more complaints then any other ability ever. I am curious to hear a dev explain why they dont think its broken and doesnt need fixing. If its broken please fix it so people stop complaining. If its not broken please give the players an explanation on why you think it is not so they can start the witch hunt on another ability. I payed a lot of lobi for this set and would like to use it without getting CALLED EVERY NAME IN THE BOOK for using something your company sold me. If it is broken i would expect like any other service i pay for i should get a refund.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Item/Ability: Graviton Pulse Generator
    Issue: Initial debuff duration (8 seconds) can be buffed to last well past 50 seconds or even 60s (See my sig for more Info) at the extreme upper end. Is this interaction intended? No other power allows for duration buffing by a factor of 6 or higher as this does.
    edited September 2013
    Item/Ability: Graviton Pulse Generator
    Issue: Initial debuff duration (8 seconds) can be buffed to last well past 50 seconds or even 60s (See my sig for more Info) at the extreme upper end. Is this interaction intended? No other power allows for duration buffing by a factor of 6 or higher as this does.

Quick question and this is not to troll i want a serious answer. What would be an acceptable duration for grav pulse and if that duration was reduced would you still say it is op? IM all for reduction in duration because i've never seen anyone sit through a 50 second grav pulse and it would do nothing to its effectiveness. If that is what the complaint is about then please reduce the duration seems easy enough. Give an immunity like PSW so that we wouldnt have to fear the dreaded 5 60 second grav pulses argument.
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    # 1 3rd party programs the true gap between average players and the elite eliminate the use of these things and the gap will close drastically. Example teams that used to win 15-0 and seem invincible suddenly are mortal and now win 15-8 or even sometimes lose.WHAT A DIFFERENCE HUMAN ERROR MAKES.

Can we please get a dev response on if inversion is broken and why they havent fixed it. It has had more complaints then any other ability ever. I am curious to hear a dev explain why they dont think its broken and doesnt need fixing. If its broken please fix it so people stop complaining. If its not broken please give the players an explanation on why you think it is not so they can start the witch hunt on another ability. I payed a lot of lobi for this set and would like to use it without getting CALLED EVERY NAME IN THE BOOK for using something your company sold me. If it is broken i would expect like any other service i pay for i should get a refund.

Oh no here we go again, there's a reason a dev nerfed your thread, please don't make this into a panda bashing thread. If you have no plasuible evidence please go away

You also never answered about 'other' 3rd part programs? WHat about my mouse that increases DPI of my cursor, my keyboard for macro binds, my gfx card that improves my viewscreen, my Ram that reduces game lag, my CPU that improves latency and game performance... oh no am i going to get banned??
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
    edited September 2013
    g0h4n4 wrote: »
    Oh no here we go again, there's a reason a dev nerfed your thread, please don't make this into a panda bashing thread. If you have no plasuible evidence please go away

You also never answered about 'other' 3rd part programs? WHat about my mouse that increases DPI of my cursor, my keyboard for macro binds, my gfx card that improves my viewscreen, my Ram that reduces game lag, my CPU that improves latency and game performance... oh no am i going to get banned??

does your mouse use pixel recognition?
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Romulan faction:
    All Romulan Warbirds may use 5 singularity powers and battle cloak with a -10 all power levels and decreased turn rate disadvantage. This disadvantage isn't significant enough to balance out what is essentially an extra commander science station with a cloaking device. The shared cooldown between battle cloak and singularity powers (5 seconds) is also too small to have any effect.

Romulan bridge officers also have superior space traits over their Starfleet or Klingon Defense Force counterparts, giving them another significant advantage in PvP.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    UI: Boff Trays

Issue: Activating abilities too quickly does sometimes cause the tray to get "stuck". An ability will be highlighted but won't activate, and any subsequent abilities that you try to activate behave erratically (spamming tacteam 10 times a second, some abilities don't activate for at least 5 seconds). This persists through respawns.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi Guys,

It will help keep this thread productive and chugging a long if:

1) We all use the format laid out by Naz in the first post. Label the Item/Ability, etc. State the problem (briefly) and use the coloring (I just copied & pasted). It will help this thread stay clean and easy to update and will help your issue get visibility.

2) break your items up into smaller chunks. Instead of say "ALL KDF consoles" list each one individually.

3) There is a discussion thread HERE, please use that for discussion to keep this thread as just a directory.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BOFF Trait: Subterfuge (+Stealth)
    Issue: Changed not to stack with the March 13th, 2013 patch. At some point after the release of LoR, they began stacking again. No patch notes stating a reversal of the March 13th changes. Players with said BOFFs will have higher than intended Stealth values.

Ability: Aux to Bat
    Issue: Inconsistency with AtB drain post LoR. One of my KDF never experienced the 5/0 Aux issues post LoR...until I replaced his BOFFs. He now experiences part of the normal 5/0 Aux balance. One of my Feds experiences 4/0 instead of 5/0. The second AtB continues to boost Aux rather than drain Aux for both characters.

General Math: Stat Calculation/Recalculation
    Issue: There are a plethora of issues revolving around stat calculations/recalculations. Some stats can take up to 5 minutes to calc/recalc after logging in, zoning, respawning. Some stats will not recalc until you reslot gear. Reslotting gear in different order can result in different stats. Using abilities in certain order can result in the base stat being changed until zoning or death. Yes, this should be multiple issues with each detailed (and many have, yeah - it's something I've harped on here and there) but there's always a new one.

Weapon Mod: Dual Disruptor Procs
    Issue: Dual Disruptor Procs stack. Individual Disruptor Procs will be overwritten, but because of the dual nature of some Disruptor procs - it results in the procs stacking. We do not have a working formula for negative damage resistance, and the results of stacked damage resistance debuffs can be pretty lolzy.

Weapon Mod: Dual Disruptor Procs
    Issue: While for most of them there are two separate 2.5% chances listed, one for each of the procs, each time one proc is applied - both are applied. Is it a 2.5% chance to apply both? Is it two 2.5% chance rolls where each results in the application of both?

Ability: Torpedo Spread
    Issue: 100% chance to hit.

Ability: Cloak (various flavors)
    Issue: There is supposed to be a 3 second delay between triggering and activation. This can be heavily affected by client latency. If either the cloaker or attacker is lagging, then the cloaker can appear exposed longer than the 3 seconds and thus take damage for an extended period of time.

Mechanic: Accuracy
    Issue: Quirk/somewhat rare and not replicable on demand. The combination of FAW/CRF/CSV/DEM (one of the first three and the last) can occasionally result in a 100% to-hit rate when it should have been as low as 40%. Have spent hours upon hours exploring this one, and I have not been able to find a way to recreate it on demand.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Item/Ability:theta does not decloak battle cloaked ships
    issue: eh, issue?

Item/Ability: boarding party not cleared by TT
    issue: TT used right before it hits or after doesn't appear to be doing anything. it can be so hard to get it to land at all, and then so easy to clear, im not all that bothered by there being no counter any longer

Item/Ability: ENS level eng skills are to hamstrung by system cooldowns.
    issue: theres only the team skill, on a cross station type system cool down, or the EPt system cooldown. a solution could be moving AtB and AtD 1 down to ENS level, and make the abilities at LTC version 3. the currently top out at version 2 at LTC. maybe move aceton beam to start at ENS too.

Item/Ability: romulan faction has boffs with 2 space traits, and are massively powerful and exclusive
    issue: a MAJOR, i cant stress this enough, MAJOR inequity in the factions. its not that the warbirds are super op, they are just a bit, its that the boffs just make it over the top. solution here- http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=833201
    edited September 2013
    Ability: Engineering Team
    Issue: Does not always clear Viral Matrix (even the initial VM, if one is considering the VM DOFFs).
    edited September 2013
    Ability: Aux to Bat

if you activate the second as soon as it cools down, it activates at the aux level your at that moment, befor the aux has time to fully return from using your first copy. thats why you have higher then 5 some times. if you see 4 aux some times, thats proboly from getting leached.
    edited September 2013
    Just a thought guys:

If you want to get an issue listed, just take a moment to think if its an annoyance or does it alter the game balance drastically?

Aim is to get, lets say 20 of the worst offenders, hold cryptic to "fixing" them and then move to next. This way, theory is we get the worst fixed first and towards the end, annoyances fixed.

Agree? Or else Cryptic might just cherry pick the easy ones and leave the rest :P

If you guys want, i can list all.......
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    Just a thought guys:

If you want to get an issue listed, just take a moment to think if its an annoyance or does it alter the game balance drastically?

Aim is to get, lets say 20 of the worst offenders, hold cryptic to "fixing" them and then move to next. This way, theory is we get the worst fixed first and towards the end, annoyances fixed.

Agree? Or else Cryptic might just cherry pick the easy ones and leave the rest :P

If you guys want, i can list all.......

I say go for everything, even little fixes would BE fixes. And better to let them know EVERYTHING, then keep anything from em. If you want, might be good to ask a 'rating' system of how bad people consider certain things. Eg, EMP Burst from the D'kora might be a 2 outta 10, while something like TIF is 8, etc.

My own thing to add:

Issue: Crew
    Problem: Crew is lost at an extremely quick rate, significantly impacting hull regen. For smaller crewed ships, it is usually gained back, and causes little to no issue. For larger crewed ships (at least 500 is where I tend to notice problems, and multiplies more the larger the crew), the entire crew can die within seconds (usually to torps or Theta), and almost never return before the end of a match due to how slowly so much crew recovers. Thus it actually hurts a larger crewed ship, because they aren't able to actually gain back their crew to use the hull regen bonuses it would otherwise give.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited September 2013
    i'l update main thread post tomorrow then. Too many to put on :P
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My concerns:

- The mayor imbalance with the romulans having 5 superior operative, it makes all kdf/fdf tacticals outdated.

- Romulans cloak have better stealth value, and more dmg bonus from the post-decloak buff (Ambush), making kdf cloakings obsolete.

Maths and a very detail explanation about this 2 issues: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10888121&postcount=1

- Romulans jumping every 6 seconds, and with a very low cloaking coldown are ridiculuos hard to kill, even vs an organized team is so easy for them decloak+hit bo's+jump+run+cloak. They can do that the entire game without suffering a single dead.

- Graviton pulse: AoE movement debuff (not resistable by inertial dampeners) with a duration that can be easly buffed to 30secs (6 grav generatos) and over 60 with a more dedicated build.

- Temporal inversion field: not to much to say, it has been dicussed too many times that i feel that anything i can said will be redudant.

- Scramble doff (biologist): bad idea, really BAD idea.

- Shield drain values in combat log: we need this, there is no way to know how the tetryon proc, or the glider proc are working (if they are working at all...)

- Cross faction queques, kdf pvp is in extinction.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • captainf00kcaptainf00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Item: Plasmonic Leech
    Issue: Opportunity cost is too low. It has pretty much become a 'must have' for PvP.
    Explanation (for a toon with 6 in flow caps):
    Energy Siphon I: -17.3 all power for 15.3 seconds; to self +11.1 all power for 15.3 seconds. Cooldown is 1 min 40 secs, cost: LT boff ability.
    Leech: -1.9 All power per activation for 15 secs; to self +1.9 power per second for 15 secs. No cooldown; cost: 1 console slot. Basically, in a sustained fight, 20+ per subsystem. To target (especially heavily focused): -16+ (varies with spec/equipment) . IMO, no passive console should become 'Mandatory' to compete. Possible counter: Leech the leecher. In essence, all of our fancy 10 console ships are now 9 console ships.

Passive: Tier 4 Placate
    Issue: There seems to be no immunity. Can stack with other placate abilities.
    RHINO | SAD PANDAS
    edited September 2013
    Item: Nukara Web Mines & Ability: Sensor Scan
    Issue: Interaction between the damage resistance debuff from Sensor Scan and the physical damage of the Web Mines. Hit somebody with the mines. Hit somebody with APB/APD/Disruptor Procs, etc, etc, etc - then hit them with the mines. Hit them with a Sensor Scan and then hit them with the mines. Bazinga!
    edited September 2013
    that reminds me

Item/Ability: add physical resistance to monotonium and neutronium armor

issue: if physical is going to be a damage type in space, it needs to not be an armor bypass exploit. the skill tree skill for kinetic resist grants physical resist, the armor consoles should too. also, theres no ui entry for your current physical damage resist ether.
  • gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Boarding partys
    Boarding partys have 2 stages, in the first stage you can counter it with tactical team, before they assimilate your ship, but as soon as they assimilate your ship and the count down starts you have to use engineer team to clear it...

in my opinion boarding partys are ok... the only thing people dont like them is because they have to have more space awareness and have to "waste" tac team/engi team to clear it... plus there are doffs that with other abilities like tss and even tac team you can clear the second stage of the boarding parties...

Excessive doffs for Double tap builds
    a real issue for me right now is still the double tap with all this doffs helping that...
    doff list:
    Marion (direct energy modulation)
    Beam Overload doff (chance to ignore shields with beam overload)
    Batterie doff( increased damage 10%per doff when use of a battery)
    And also weapons that lets be realistic are even more crazy
    Piercing tetryons (2,5% chance of 50% shield penetration)
    Elachi Weapons (2,5% chance of 100% ignore shields... basicly a lucky beam overload and youre dead)

and to get matters even worst romulan Boffs and the 20,4% crit chance without any buffs on romulan captains... battle cloak on all ships...
    you cannot get this on a fed character(we need a battle cloak on the defiant)
    you can only get this on a KDF character but without the crits
    Stealth detection... people have to completly TRIBBLE their builds just to make a build that can only see a cloaked vessel at 12km(if you are lucky)else its 8km...
    we need the Emergency Power to Aux to boost against the dectetion... so that we can have a viable defense against cloakers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
    Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
    Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
    Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tykens Rift (all levels)

Issue: FlowC boost doesn't seem apply to energy drain on player ability. Multiples Tykens don't seem to stack their drain properly.

Explanation: NPC Tykens can drain targets with or without resits just fine. Player abilities hardly do. Not sure if multiple Tykens from the same source, which occurs with the Tykens Rift Gravitmetric Scientist Doffs, actually stack their drain or not.
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Doff: Nurse (Crew Recovery)
    Issue: You can only assign it to Ground Active Roster, despite it affects Space Combat.
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Quick question and this is not to troll i want a serious answer. What would be an acceptable duration for grav pulse and if that duration was reduced would you still say it is op? IM all for reduction in duration because i've never seen anyone sit through a 50 second grav pulse and it would do nothing to its effectiveness. If that is what the complaint is about then please reduce the duration seems easy enough. Give an immunity like PSW so that we wouldnt have to fear the dreaded 5 60 second grav pulses argument.

There are a few issues with it... 1 is that it can hit up to 10 targets... which is just crazy... I know it has an arc... but yes I have sat through 30s pulses as I bet everyone that pvps even a little bit has at some point. Not every ship can load a engi team... and even if your in a premade that is carrying 3 or 4 engi teams... if a team drops pulses and hits that many players... well someone isn't getting cleared... and even if you have 5 engi teams and clear an entire team... for 15s you still have no Sci team up to clear nukes... or tac teams up either.... a team that is cheese enough to spam a couple of these... or frankly even get one off... and then nukes and focuses someone is going to get a kill plain and simple.

IMO it shouldn't be able to effect more then 2-3 targets max... and as Naz has pointed out the durration should follow the same math everything else does. 15-20s Max Speced is reasonable.

Honestly the forced team clear is my main issue with AMS as well... its not that its hard to clear its that you have to burn your sci teams to do it... and if a team Chain AMS a team... they draw out all the clears... and boom One nuke and a little focus and you have an easy kill.

Personly I consider the idea of high end esport style pvp in the game to be pretty much 100% a no go with all the console skills in the game... man I would love to see Cryptic overhaul pvp... remove all items from pvp. Give us a PvP ship Doll... sell us white gear from pvp vendors with -p on them... then sell us a ton of PvP Vanity items for Zen... give us douchy fireworks display items that just need to be in your inventory... give us PvP skins... who wouldn't want a super tacky Camo Skin for there bops... How about selling us Zen boosts for PvP Rep... and a PvP rep... that get this has NO passives... but unlocks even more Douche fireworks displays. And skins... ya I know what a crazy idea adding a grind that doesn't in fact give you any more power at the end. So crazy that it makes other MMO companies a ton of cash.... and people in fact play there pvp and take it seriously.

Anyway Rant off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Item: Mesh Weaver Pets

Problem: They stack APB on everything (up to APB3 with the elite version). Considering that APB3 is a Cmdr Tac ability, this is severely unbalancing if one can get multiple copies from simply equipping pets.
  • gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    Item: Mesh Weaver Pets

Problem: They stack APB on everything (up to APB3 with the elite version). Considering that APB3 is a Cmdr Tac ability, this is severely unbalancing if one can get multiple copies from simply equipping pets.

ah well so much pets now use Commander skills and Lt commander skills...
    Elite bug pets: beam overload 3 + cannon rapid fire 3... if im not mistaken...
    just as an example... there are so many more...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
    Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
    Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
    Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
    edited September 2013
    Thread updated to reflect everybody's issues.

A concern I have is that although we have a lot of issues, with the amount of issues people are bringing up, the more severe issues will get hidden, so rather than finding more issues, please can you debate the top 5 issues that seriously affect PvP right now here using the number i have allocated to each in Posts 1 & 2

Thanks again.

Also i have removed opinions and potential fixes from people's remarks, as a fix or opinion from one person might not be the same for another. However, i do stress i have (or tried to, to the best of my ability) capture the concerns you have brought up.
    edited September 2013
    physical damage in space is not an issue now? i recall it being one, before nuk mines got nerfed. they could rebuff them a bit after physical is more normalized