test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 ETA?

matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
So when exactly does season 8 come out? Xmas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, december time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "End of the year," which is pretty vague and even if it wasn't coming from Cryptic that could run from early October to February.

If they keep pace with the releases since season 5 (December, June, November, May), that would suggest late October. With two mid-season content releases (the mines and the FE this month) it'll probably be later than that.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Most likely November, firstly we a one off episode at the end of this month ( it links new romulas rep missions to season 8, oh we get a free carrier with subspace tech from that mission ), then season 8 in November, then the new and improved winter event. Hope it helps.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thought I heard them say November for Season 8 and September for the new Featured Episode.

Also, lets not forget they released Season 5 and Season 7 right around November in the previous 2 years. (Gawd, been that long?) That way people wouldn't get content overload with the activities of the Winter Event.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would say November as we have the Christmas event starting in December, would be nice not to be over crowded with things to do.
  • qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    It comes out exactly when it's done.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Jamjamz don't play games with us! You crafty devs!
  • molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013

That would be a first. Considering the amount of patching often needed post launch for these season releases most people would consider them in some state of beta. :D
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    matrix0 wrote: »
    So when exactly does season 8 come out? Xmas?
    Soon(tm)

/10char
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Haha... to paraphrase the wise Gandalf the Grey...

"A Season is never late, it arrives precisely when it means to."
  • lucentdragonlucentdragon Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Most likely November, firstly we a one off episode at the end of this month ( it links new romulas rep missions to season 8, oh we get a free carrier with subspace tech from that mission ), then season 8 in November, then the new and improved winter event. Hope it helps.

Free carrier? what's that now?

I've been really jonesing for a carrier lately :D
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No season has ever came out fully done. They always come out rushed with most the bugs that were reported by players on Tribble not fixed.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Free carrier? what's that now?

I've been really jonesing for a carrier lately :D

Well don't forget it's free so it will probably look good on paper, and not be overly good in reality.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd say that based on Dan's Voyager blog post saying that they were only about halfway through developing the season 8 content (stuff that they have been planning since LoR launched), I'd say November is a pretty good indication of when we could expect the launch, and testing to begin sometime in October. Like what many people stated, Season 5 and Season 7 were released prior to the Winter event to avoid having it overshadowed by the winter event. given that we've seen problems with each update, I figure they will want to have it released as far from the winter event as possible so that they don't have any problems for the event.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 2013
    Well don't forget it's free so it will probably look good on paper, and not be overly good in reality.

Dunno. . .the Risan Corvette was essentially free, as long as you were willing to put the legwork in. Same with the Chel Grett. Both are pretty decent ships.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I really wish this is how it worked. As it stands I'm usually done with a new seasons content and progression before its actually done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Have to say I found this comment extremely rude. .

Where is bran when you need a nice worded response
    JtaDmwW.png
  • emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    It would be nice not to be over crowded with things to do.

Well, it's better than not having enough to do, really.
  • vorpaldoomvorpaldoom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Oh noooo! Not an honest to-the-point answer! How rude!

Did you want to read something like: "Teehee! Like totally whenever it's pretty much finished and stuff, you know? Like... totally omg!"
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My money is on sometime in November, they have the winter event in December and won't want to do a season release during the middle of the winter event.
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 2013
    john98837 wrote: »
    My money is on sometime in November, they have the winter event in December and won't want to do a season release during the middle of the winter event.

This. November would make the most sense. Give people a month to ooh and ahh over the new Season content, and then open up the Winter event again.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Shut up, Wesley.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Season 7 came out on November 13th last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Season 8 around the same date - as it comes into holiday season when people might have a little more free time to play it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Believe it or not, but Bran's job is not to answer every post on the forum. Not even yours. And I know it may sound unlikely, but he may not even have the answer yet.
    Also, giving an answer right now would make a lot of drama, because they would probably be late. We've all seen that over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... are we there yet? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It will come out right after they repair the damage that the foundry suffered from LOR :rolleyes:.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, but Bran's job is not to answer every post on the forum. Not even yours. And I know it may sound unlikely, but he may not even have the answer yet.
    Also, giving an answer right now would make a lot of drama, because they would probably be late. We've all seen that over and over.

NOT even asking bran to answer all I ment and was pretty clear that he has a way with words that's not just plain rude tbh

I have worked in customer service for nearly 20 years and if I spoke to people I have to deal with him wouldn't be in a job
    JtaDmwW.png
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd expect December, maybe November.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Lol if only, if only... :rolleyes:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My money is on January.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev