test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STOWiki

2»

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You are aware that those Archived Posts posts are from the old forums, right? It's just a catch all account.

For all we know it was an employee who made that post. Which every one you;re looking at,

You seriously need a sense of humor...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    You seriously need a sense of humor...

Sorry I missed your :) or a j/k or something along those lines. Basic netiquette.

Also considering many of the users who post here can't comprehend the use of the recent posts feature or the search function, I took your post at face value. If you have a problem with that, well I guess I;m justified in my "giving answers here offends people" disclaimers.

Thanks by the way for the personal attack. I'd report you but we all know that's just a waste of time. Maybe some day we'll get some real moderators here in the forums. I'm not holding my breath.
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't load STO Wiki recently. It's offline for a week or something. Does anyone have the same problem or is it my own connection issues?
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    vongraven wrote: »
    I can't load STO Wiki recently. It's offline for a week or something. Does anyone have the same problem or is it my own connection issues?
    It loads fine for me, so it's probably your internet connection.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • discotrashdiscotrash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Being a new player I've found the Wiki very helpful. There's tons of information to be found there. All new players should check it out!
    Wolfmind: Hunter Ranger
  • capt001capt001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok, so I am having problems with the STO wiki. On my computer whenever I try to view the WIKI the site is all White backround and white text unlike the Blue and not white text the information is when I go to the wiki on other computers. So what is the problem here? This is a weird glitch I am having.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    capt001 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am having problems with the STO wiki. On my computer whenever I try to view the WIKI the site is all White backround and white text unlike the Blue and not white text the information is when I go to the wiki on other computers. So what is the problem here? This is a weird glitch I am having.

You guys did a pretty good revival.

Anyway, having the same issue here. (white background, white text... picture displacement on the front page...) Just what should I do?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • ooeyes1ooeyes1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    You guys did a pretty good revival.

Anyway, having the same issue here. (white background, white text... picture displacement on the front page...) Just what should I do?

I saw this issue come up before when testing the new skin, but I thought I had fixed it. Unless I can reproduce it, though, I'll be just taking shots in the dark to try to fix it. What browser version and OS are you using, and do you have Javascript enabled?
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ooeyes1 wrote: »
    I saw this issue come up before when testing the new skin, but I thought I had fixed it. Unless I can reproduce it, though, I'll be just taking shots in the dark to try to fix it. What browser version and OS are you using, and do you have Javascript enabled?

I'm using IE8, Windows 7, and I don't know if I have Javascript enabled.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It's not white text, it's a very light blue. Happens in IE7/xpsp3 as well, but not in firefox (using FF2 with scriptblocking, and FF 3.8 with scriptblocking). I doubt it's a script causing the problem as FF is blocking all scripts on wiki's site, but I wouldn't doubt IE is processing at least some scripts (adware) and might not be reading something right. Since IE is such a security risk I've learned to live with it instead of trying to fix it and possibly open more holes in IE's crappy security.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ooeyes1ooeyes1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I think I have the background fixed for IE7 and IE8. You may need to hold shift while clicking the refresh icon for the changes to show up. In the worst case, you might need to clear your cache completely.
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    It's not white text, it's a very light blue. Happens in IE7/xpsp3 as well, but not in firefox (using FF2 with scriptblocking, and FF 3.8 with scriptblocking). I doubt it's a script causing the problem as FF is blocking all scripts on wiki's site, but I wouldn't doubt IE is processing at least some scripts (adware) and might not be reading something right. Since IE is such a security risk I've learned to live with it instead of trying to fix it and possibly open more holes in IE's crappy security.

There's a script processing the "My skin options" feature, which I thought might possibly be the source of the problem if it wasn't running, though I doubted it since I tested the site with scripts disabled. Looks like the problem was actually with the media queries, though.
  • shogun314shogun314 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a question that I would love to ask... The quadrants are different in the game? Alpha and Beta Quadrants are the only quadrants to appear on the galaxy map and replace the positions for gamma and delta quadrants? Is the galxy represented a different way in game? They both appear at the top and not at the bottom like here: http://startreklives.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/2-quadrants.jpg

Im a recent Trek fan and ofcourse dont know everything about the STuniverse, so please help me learn more about the st universe :)

Sorry if this is posted where not relevant.
    Thanks alot!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    shogun314 wrote: »
    I have a question that I would love to ask... The quadrants are different in the game? Alpha and Beta Quadrants are the only quadrants to appear on the galaxy map and replace the positions for gamma and delta quadrants? Is the galxy represented a different way in game? They both appear at the top and not at the bottom like here: http://startreklives.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/2-quadrants.jpg

Im a recent Trek fan and ofcourse dont know everything about the STuniverse, so please help me learn more about the st universe :)

Sorry if this is posted where not relevant.
    Thanks alot!

The in-game map is a bit misleading. Here's a more accurate depiction: http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/e/e6/STO_milky_way.png

Also, this thread has been dead for almost a year. ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited September 2013
    Aaaa okay :) I wonder why the in-game map only shows Alpha and beta quads and in the wrong places, shouldnt they be at the bottom just like in the map you gave me? I mean, I know where each quad is so why is the in game map different? Sorry for all these questions :P I appreciate your help alot :)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    shogun314 wrote: »
    Aaaa okay :) I wonder why the in-game map only shows Alpha and beta quads and in the wrong places, shouldnt they be at the bottom just like in the map you gave me? I mean, I know where each quad is so why is the in game map different? Sorry for all these questions :P I appreciate your help alot :)

The in-game map isn't a map of the whole galaxy, just the part that STO takes place in. Compare the arrangement of sector blocks to the galaxy map in my other post.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited September 2013
    Aaa yes, I understand it now :)So in other words, STO is largely based in the beta quadrant with the rest of the blocks in alpha. Thank you soo much for ur help m8, Very appreciated :) PS: wonder why I didnt get it the first time haha.