test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where to submit Ideas?

sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
Hi all. I've been all over the website many times and can't seem to find the best place to post or the best way to contact devs with good new original ideas and ship designs. I've got some designs and ideas just sitting around waiting to be used somewhere and I want to know if Cryptic is interested in them. Some of them have been collecting dust (as it were) for a while while others are more recent, and I'd prefer that someone get some use out of them rather than them never being used. Does anybody know the best place to submit them so they don't get buried or to contact the devs and send it directly to them? Any help is much appreciated!:D
Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
"Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
"To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
"To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
"Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Should I just post the ideas here or do I need to do it more formal like?:confused:

"To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ideas are free to share I think...
    You can post them here and ask others for their opinion. You might get good reviews, you might get bad reviews.

Good luck ;) .
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For legal reasons, you can't / aren't allowed to submit ideas directly to Cryptic.

The reason is, that if you submit an idea that gets rejected, and they then later use something that is similar to what you suggested, you might be able to file a law-suit for compensation, despite the developer/team who made it had never even seen your idea in the first place.

Is it stupid? Yea... it is... But that's apparently how the US legal-system works.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well then I guess I better get my ship designs ready and get them posted here on the forums. I already know I have to first upload them to an online picture site, like deviant art or photobucket (I already have accounts with both) and then link to them in the forum post. Thanks for the help.:D

• fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Where to submit Ideas?"

Do you leave near a church?