test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interceptor need which ship?

jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I noticed that the Orion Interceptor stated it need an Orion carrier, but I got the maruader from the free events. Shouldn't that satisfied the requirement?
Post edited by jestersage on

Comments

• generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nope, Interceptors come from the Dacoit.

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nope, Interceptors come from the Dacoit.

Gen

So the wording on the selection screen is wrong?
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, the Dacoit is *an* Orion carrier, but they could probably afford to be more specific if that's all it says.

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jestersage wrote: »
    I noticed that the Orion Interceptor stated it need an Orion carrier, but I got the maruader from the free events. Shouldn't that satisfied the requirement?

Lol cryptic will never give access to arguably the second deadliest pet in the game for free
    Unfortunately :(
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol cryptic will never give access to arguably the second deadliest pet in the game for free
    Unfortunately :(

And isn't it better than elite scoprion in PvP?
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, the Elite Interceptors also get tractor beams, in addition to their chroniton weapons and potent weapon/engine drain beam. They're effectively the Yellowstone/Runabout's counterpart, but they use disruptor cannons instead of phaser beam arrays and speed-tank rather than hull-tank. They also launch in waves of 3's instead of pairs.
  • mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jestersage wrote: »
    And isn't it better than elite scoprion in PvP?

Scorpions in PROPER PVP where there any sort of spread bfaw scatter going on are utterly useless

Yellowstones and interceptors can pin any ship down and keep them there

I 1v1 a fleet mate the other day in his jhdc with two wings of elite scorpsI let the hail of heavy torps hit me with 0 impulse or buffs my hull dropped to 96 percent dropped a heavy torp on them 5 died instantly and the rest just kept scratching me

I've seen a wing of Yellowstones from a vesta pin 3 ships down and not let them go(PH on countdown on 1 of them and the other 2 either didn't have hazards or where on countdown)

A friend of mines elite interceptors drained my 6 points in PI torkaht to 60 wep power from max and disabled engines(my wown fault for running low power)and wouldn't let me go out of their tractors when APO was on countdown

Now trust me pinning a ship down also sets them to 0 defence which in turn means every shot will hit is much better than maybe taking 4% of someone's hull down

So trust me in PVP they are far superior however in PVE elite scorpions rule the roost second only to romulan drone ships which are massively OP
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what's proper pvp? is there an improper version?