test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deleting In Game Mail & Another Annoying Bug

noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
* WTF, sorry that I am starting my post like this, but c'mon, after repeatably mentions by other forum members that there is something fundemental wrong with the mail system, aka not able to delete the Excange Expired Spam, the bug is still there :eek: Give us a break and fix it, instead of restricting us once more the use of the mail system. It's not that I am keeping the valuable items in my mail system. Whenever an item is expired on exchange, it's been taken back and replaced on exchange. Fix it, or I'll be starting to report Cryptic for spamming their own system.

*Second bug, which really starts to annoy me the creeps, is that each time a user is buying a new ship, whether it's a lobi ship, C-Store Ship, or one of the exchange, the layout of all the ships that this user has on that account where on he/she has bought the ship is erased, screwed up, vanished and has to be reset manually by the user. In my case, 3 rows of my UI that I can reorganize, multiplied by 15. Is this the way to make the game more attractive to the user :D Think not.
OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
Post edited by noshuffle on

Comments

• Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    they seem to be stressing over the email system.

i dont think they can fix it..

i lost all my email.. they return maybe half the items i had.. the rest are gone..

now they limit you to 300 "visible" emails.. the reason i put that in quotes is because the rest of the email is there.. so its still in the system.. its just the game client cant handle it.

i think they hit a wall with the email system.. the game client cant handle the load and its causing problems..

unless they rewrite the whole client (which i highly doubt this will happen.. can we say STO2?).. its going to be semi broken forever..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am tired of seeing the mail icon flash when there is no new email.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    robdmc wrote: »
    I am tired of seeing the mail icon flash when there is no new email.

if its flashing you have new mail.. you just havent deleted the 300 you can see.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    .whew !

I am so glad I had a weird feeling before they started the mail fixes..... I took all my attachments out of there just in time it looks like.

sorry for your losses.
    edited August 2013
    Expired messages are glitched, but the trick is that each returned item now comes with TWO messages, one contains the item, and the other is an undeletable phantom.

The trick to excorcising the phantoms is to delete the non phantom mesages then rezone. (Preferably AFTER removing the item from the message)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    if its flashing you have new mail.. you just havent deleted the 300 you can see.

Is that it? I thought the emails from the exchange weren't supposed to count toward the limit?
  • Options
    crusherx7crusherx7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I routinely delete every mail I have in the inbox, I've never been close to 100, let alone 300. Yet I still have the stupid mail icon blink.

It all started the first time I clicked the button in the mail window to report a message as spam, since then it's been continuous. Changing zones only temporarily stops it.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013

mine flashes too, my box is empty I never stored items in mail system and I rarely sell on exchange. but if I happen to check it. it stays flashing the until I log off completely and then log back in.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited August 2013
    It's not flashing, simply my mailbox is full with "Exchange Sale Is Expired" spam from Holodeck. Whatever I try, I can't delete those mails. I checked them, like suggested here, but they remain in my box. Which is strange, coz I was able to empty my mail box on my other alts of my account, simply the main alt wanders around with a full mail box. Any other alternatives to get rid off those ?
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they seem to be stressing over the email system.

i dont think they can fix it..

i lost all my email.. they return maybe half the items i had.. the rest are gone..

now they limit you to 300 "visible" emails.. the reason i put that in quotes is because the rest of the email is there.. so its still in the system.. its just the game client cant handle it.

i think they hit a wall with the email system.. the game client cant handle the load and its causing problems..

unless they rewrite the whole client (which i highly doubt this will happen.. can we say STO2?).. its going to be semi broken forever..

It's funny that the mail worked before they 'fixxed' it, now not only is the mail broken but so are parts of the exchange.

New and improved.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, you know the old adage: "Never fix that which isn't broken."

Of course Cryptic has yet to learn from that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    crusherx7 wrote: »
    I routinely delete every mail I have in the inbox, I've never been close to 100, let alone 300. Yet I still have the stupid mail icon blink.

It all started the first time I clicked the button in the mail window to report a message as spam, since then it's been continuous. Changing zones only temporarily stops it.
    I think that might be if you have unread exchange return messages on a different character. Exchange return messages can only be viewed by the character that posted the item.

@shuffle: did you look at each and every message and try to delete it(after removing items)?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm really wondering when a fix will come. I'd like to be patient... but it's irritating considering I left the game for a couple months stressed over it only to discover I've spent some money into the game when I vowed I wouldn't come back until the fixed it... and .... yet.... everyone devs, players are all stressed :(
  • Options
    bada4boombada4boom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    crusherx7 wrote: »

Send a mail to yourself on the toon with the blinking icon. Read it, and wait a while for the new mail to be marked as read (turn from yelow to white). The icon should stop blinking then. Then you can delete this mail you just sent to yourself.

You probably delete the mails too fast and the code that detects if there are unread mails bugs out and you get the anoying ever blinking icon. At least this has been my experience and sending a mail to myself as I explained earlier fixed it for me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think that might be if you have unread exchange return messages on a different character. Exchange return messages can only be viewed by the character that posted the item.

@shuffle: did you look at each and every message and try to delete it(after removing items)?

I did. As I say, all alts don't suffer from it, except my main alt. Just cleaned, to the bone, the mails of my secondary alts. On my main account, checked all, used the delete function and pressed "'OK", but the Holodeck mails are remaining. Problem is that I can't recieve any mail on that main account.